The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles' fears for motorbike-loving William and Harry | Mail Online

The Prince of Wales has voiced his concerns about his sons riding motorbikes on busy roads.
Prince William, 28, and Prince Harry, 26, are both keen riders who own powerful machines.
The royal brothers, both in the Forces, are said to ride their bikes at weekends when not on military duty or training but their father worries they may not be spotted by traffic on the roads.

Wonderful pictures!! Is it just me or does it really seem that no matter what the occasion or event, there is always a picture of Charles with a glint in his eye and a smile on his face? He seems to be one happy man for sure!

I like that too. He really is a man who radiates happiness. Talk about what a good marriage is worth! More than all the gold and crowns and all the lapislazuli...

The Prince of Wales met with members of the Commando Helicopter Force in
the gardens of Clarence House, London, December 10 2010 as he presented
operational medals for service in Afghanistan to service personnel and later
hosted a reception inside Clarence House.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Pic 2- a caption writer's dream!

Wonderful pictures!! Is it just me or does it really seem that no matter what the occasion or event, there is always a picture of Charles with a glint in his eye and a smile on his face? He seems to be one happy man for sure!
It is not just you.

He does, he looks totally relaxed. He's a delight to watch these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny moment during the Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace, the Prince
of Wales attended today, December 17: the medal of actress Sophie Okonedo fell
on the floor. Also among those who received a MBE also was David Coultard, the
former Formula One racing driver.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** Coulthard to receive MBE **

If that happened to me I would not consider my day " ruined"... life happens!

Thanks so much for posting that youtube video, Tyger. I enjoyed it very much. I feel as though Camilla "completes" Charles. His eyes sparkle again now.

Poor Ms Okonedo. It was Charles' fault; he didn't attach it properly. But they both seemed to have a laugh over it and I'm sure it didn't really ruin her day.

@ Roslyn- I do not think it was any-one's fault... I bet C has had lots of practice attaching medals, the hook broke, simple as that. If anything blame the fluke pin . It happened, C was a gentleman, they giggled. Anyway let's move on.

Today Prince Charles had been expected to visit the Frankfurt Christmas Market and
to unveil the newly restored Edward VII statue in Centenary Square in Birmingham,
but the winter weather has upset the plans. The visit has been postponed as to the
snow, other participants weren't able to attend. Instead Charles visited injured service
personnel at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth
Hospital together with Prime Minister David Cameron. So his journey was not for nothing ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** birminghammail.net: Prince Charles and David Cameron visit injured troops at Queen Elizabeth Hospital **

Last edited:
That's nice, that instead of a wasted trip he made the trip worthwhile.

Indeed he does! I am loving him in the navy top-coat... it sure beats his old camel one...

Since it was a Navy thing, he wouldn't have worn a khaki or camel coat. To me, he looks good in everything.

I will have to agree with you on that, Kitty!! :)

The Prince of Wales during a visit with Prime Minister David Cameron to the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
December 22, 2010

BelgaPicture - Category details

@ Roslyn- I do not think it was any-one's fault... I bet C has had lots of practice attaching medals, the hook broke, simple as that. If anything blame the fluke pin . It happened, C was a gentleman, they giggled.

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise the hook broke. :holly:

I wouldn't have bothered as I feel it is just so ridiculous - a rich man looks at a pretty woman and makes a comment - big deal. I am sure he wasn't the first or last - but just the most famous.

Fair point. I am also surprised that if it is true, she has certainly taken her time to reveal the story.

yes i dont think its true, but i assumed this was sort of a database, so i thought we should put everything here:)
to be fair:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...sha-Vasconcelos-says-wanted-private-show.html
Prince Charles 'does not recall' Tasha de Vasconcelos who says he wanted private show | Mail Online

Prince Charles 'does not remember' ever meeting the supermodel who claims to have been propositioned by him, he has said.
Clarence House today took the unusual step of issuing a statement about the Prince's alleged flirtatious exchanges with Mozambique-born Tasha de Vasconcelos ten years ago. A spokesman for the Prince said today: 'No one here has any recollection of them ever meeting. There is no record of this person.'
A royal aide added: 'We have done further checks with as many people as possible since yesterday. We cannot say 100 per cent that they have never met, but it certainly looks that way.'

Some time ago, a friend who had a private conversation with Prince Charles at a dinner in America, told me of how genuinely affectionately he felt towards Australia. It wasn't an act: he related all of the things which he liked about this country and laughed at some of our better known national 'eccentricities', including the rough and tumble he experienced when at school in Australia and the nick-names he was given!

He is a very decent and concerned good man, as we can see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13CZQ1DbrA&feature=youtu.be&a

I think we should all be dubious of this model's claims - after all she is trying to sell a book. She claims that the prince told her she reminded him of a former friend - Dale Tryon, who was a blonde, whereas Ms Vasconcelos is dark-brown in hair colouring!! She also claims that the prince's attentions made Camilla jealous. Yet in 1999 when they supposedly met at a polo match in Cheltenham Camilla was barely allowed to accompany Charles anywhere in public let alone to a polo match! I think she's just trying to hype what is otherwise a probably rather uninteresting book.

[QUOTE=Polly;
He is a very decent and concerned good man, as we can see:

Much is being said about the recontruction.

I know that there is a wedding to go to: but, HRH's matured emotional intelligence and his eco-warrior and global warming guru credibilities and his top drawer connectivities would be most useful in chairing the new recontruction committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom