The Prince of Wales Current Events 10: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKWalesPOWborder.jpg

Prince of Wales current events 10

commencing October 2008

part 9, covering the period April to October 2008, can be found here

¤

Last edited:
Prince Charles will next month join hundreds of Kindertransport evacuees at a major London celebration marking the 70th anniversary of parliament's decision to admit 10,000 children fleeing Nazi-occupied Europe.

TotallyJewish.com | News | National

Pics 16.10.2008

Royal Investiture: Entertainer Paul O Grady is made a Member of
the Order of the British Empire by the Prince of Wales at Buckingham
Palace central London, October 16, 2008
Pic number 2 has something funny ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 21.10.2008

The Prince of Wales at the royal residence of Birkhall near Ballater
Aberdeenshire where he is presenting service medals to members
of the Queen's Own Yeomanry, October 21, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:
Super pictures iceflower, Thank You. :flowers: Oh to be a fly on the wall for that conversation! :D

You know, he looks an awful lot like Prince Philip in these pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
A medieval monastic barn once used to store tithed grain and produce will be visited by the Prince of Wales on Thursday.
The 900-year-old tithe barn, believed to be the oldest of its kind in Wales, is adjacent to St Mary’s Priory Church, Abergavenny. Parishioners bought it back in 1999 and £1.6m has been spent transforming it into a centre for exhibitions, education projects and hospitality.

Prince Charles to visit 900-year-old tithe barn

Well done Charles!

THE firm who make Prince Charles's whisky are to invest £15million centralising their global marketing operations in Scotland, creating 20 jobs.
International Beverage Holdings, parent firm of Inver House Distillers, employ 150 people in Scotland

Royal whisky firm set for £15m expansion - The Daily Record
Did you know that Maker's Mark in Kentucky sells all their whiskey barrels to Scotland after they use it because they can only use them once. The Kentucky whiskey/bourbon industry is highly regulated. That's cool that they are creating 20 jobs. In this economy every little bit counts!

Did you know that Maker's Mark in Kentucky sells all their whiskey barrels to Scotland after they use it because they can only use them once. The Kentucky whiskey/bourbon industry is highly regulated. That's cool that they are creating 20 jobs. In this economy every little bit counts!
I didn't know where they all came from. Many of the distilleries have specialized malts, with sherry casked being I think quite common, I have seen Bourbon, Burgundy, Port and Madeira casked and wondered where they got them all from.:flowers: It all smells and tastes revolting to me!

PRINCE CHARLES'S "picky" culinary requests and the late Princess Diana's quirky sense of humour were revealed today by a royal chef.

Charles demanded aides fly pheasants from the Queen's Sandringham estate halfway round the world to serve at banquets and insisted his tea-time eggs were boiled for exactly four minutes.

Royal cook sells off notes written by the princess | News

I can't see a problem over the eggs, they have to be just right!

It would be nice if the proceeds from this auction went towards her favorite charities.

PRINCE CHARLES'S "picky" culinary requests and the late Princess Diana's quirky sense of humour were revealed today by a royal chef.

Charles demanded aides fly pheasants from the Queen's Sandringham estate halfway round the world to serve at banquets and insisted his tea-time eggs were boiled for exactly four minutes.

Royal cook sells off notes written by the princess | News

I can't see a problem over the eggs, they have to be just right!

No wonder the British complain about the wastefulness of the royals. I wonder how much it costs to fly pheasants around the world!

No wonder the British complain about the wastefulness of the royals. I wonder how much it costs to fly pheasants around the world!

And I wonder how much it costs to fly freshly caught tuna to the sushi-restaurants around the world. Or to ship fresh asparagus from Peru to europe. Or deliver strawberries to the shops for Christmas.... Are we all wasteful? Yes we are. But at least Charles does it to promote British products while we just enjoy the "good selection" of food in our supermarkets.

Read the labels in your clothes, look where your fruit and veg come from. Meat? Fish?
Everything is flown all over the world these days besides pheasants........ When I looked at my latest pair of Escada jeans they were made in Tunisia!
Good for Charles promoting British products, that is his job.

Jo of Palatine said:
But at least Charles does it to promote British products while we just enjoy the "good selection" of food in our supermarkets.
Well said Jo. It is good to see an obvious piece of misinformation corrected. :boxing:
Menarue said:
But at least Charles does it to promote British products while we just enjoy the "good selection" of food in our supermarkets.
Too true!

It is a fundamental truth that to tell a half truth is often far more misleading than an outright lie. You caught it! Well spotted. :notworthy:

A reminder that at 8.30 tonight on BBC One is a documentary following the Prince of Wales over the past year. Also featured are the Duchess of Cornwall and Princes William and Harry. Thankfully it doesn't rehash the old rubbish, it's specifically a look at the Prince and his working year.

And I wonder how much it costs to fly freshly caught tuna to the sushi-restaurants around the world. Or to ship fresh asparagus from Peru to europe. Or deliver strawberries to the shops for Christmas.... Are we all wasteful? Yes we are. But at least Charles does it to promote British products while we just enjoy the "good selection" of food in our supermarkets.

Well, but unless the British pheasant market is looking for export opportunities (at which point it'll just be a case of people wanting to enjoy the good selection of imported food), I'm not sure what he was promoting.

PBS (in the US) just aired a documentary of Prince Charles in honor of his 60th birthday. It was fantastic. It spent a lot of time covering the prince's early years, from his birth until his marriage of Diana. The footage of Prince Charles as a young child was really nice. He was a darling toddler.

Well, but unless the British pheasant market is looking for export opportunities (at which point it'll just be a case of people wanting to enjoy the good selection of imported food), I'm not sure what he was promoting.

British lifestyle and culture? :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom