The Prince of Wales Current Events 10: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous::nonono::nonono: Why would anyone sell something so personal?:nonono::nonono: As for her claim regarding sleeping with Charles in 1992, IMO, coming from someone who would stoop so low as to sell the letters in the first place, I would very much doubt it.:whistling:

Last edited:
I'm sure they were verified by handwriting experts before anyone would cough up the big $.

:previous::nonono::nonono: Why would anyone sell something so personal?:nonono::nonono: As for her claim regarding sleeping with Charles in 1992, IMO, coming from someone who would stoop so low as to sell the letters in the first place, I would very much doubt it.:whistling:

Hmm i agree with you.
Something that personal i wouldn't want to sell, i wouldn't even want to talk about. Any idea who Charles was dating in 1992?
x

"British Esquire has declared Prince Charles the world's best-dressed man. "He is perfectly turned out in a double-breasted suit," they claim. "Admirably, the prince keeps his wardrobe in appropriate style: we're told he has a room laid out like a tailor's shop."
I have to say that Prince Charles tend to look better in the red uniform than any other.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/05/prince-charles-named-

Given the current economic crisis, it is not totally surprising. Perhaps,a dire situation forced the person in question to sell these notes. Thus, I avoid to pass any judgment on appropriatness of this deal without knowing all the details.

:previous:
They do, including steal, but it doesn't make it right. :nonono: Anyone who would sell such a personal thing in the first place have questionable characters, those who buy them are even worse. Still I expect there are people who would sell their Granny! :D
---------------------
The Prince of Wales has sent a message of condolence to the family of Peter and Penelope Duff, the wealthy British couple who ended their lives together at a voluntary euthanasia clinic in Switzerland.

Prince of Wales sends condolence message to family of Dignitas suicide couple - Telegraph

PRINCE Charles is sending a message of condolence to the family of the devoted couple who committed suicide together at a Swiss euthanasia clinic.

Prince Charles sorrow at Brits' suicide | The Sun |News

What a brave couple!

... They do, including steal, but it doesn't make it right. :nonono: Anyone who would sell such a personal thing in the first place have questionable characters, those who buy them are even worse. Still I expect there are people who would sell their Granny! :D ... [snipped]
With all due respect ... it is easy to determine what is wrong/right in any situation for an on-looker and make judgments on appropriateness. At the same time, the person, who sold the notes, is entitled to dispose of his/her own property as he/she sees fit.

With all due respect ... it is easy to determine what is wrong/right in any situation for an on-looker and make judgments on appropriateness.
Indeed, it just goes to show that we all have different standards on what is correct or appropriate.

Anger over Prince Charles' love letters
ABC News
It appears to me that Ms. Janet Jenkins failed to unequivocally tell the buyer not to re-sell the letters/notes in question and reinforce her wish by drawing up a legal document of some kind that would have prevented Ms. Carrol from re-selling the things in question.

Anger over Prince Charles' love letters ABC News
It seems that Charles had a lucky escape from this woman. If she had in fact sold them on the understanding they would never be sold on, she would have a copy of the agreement and none appears to be forthcoming. The gleeful statement that she has more is indicative of the womans character, IMO. Whilst there is no doubt Charles was friends with this woman, she has seemingly produced nothing to substantiate her claim that they were having sex at all, let alone in 1992. Unless the letters are a tad more intimate, they sound the sort of letter one sends to opposite sex friends.

The media seems to be making more of, what is to me, typical British humour, especially regarding the remark about hotel rooms. One can imagine Charles making this sort of remark to give the girl a giggle, not as a serious 'Oh My':eek:!

It seems that Charles had a lucky escape from this woman. If she had in fact sold them on the understanding they would never be sold on, she would have a copy of the agreement and none appears to be forthcoming. The gleeful statement that she has more is indicative of the womans character, IMO. Whilst there is no doubt Charles was friends with this woman, she has seemingly produced nothing to substantiate her claim that they were having sex at all, let alone in 1992. Unless the letters are a tad more intimate, they sound the sort of letter one sends to opposite sex friends.

The media seems to be making more of, what is to me, typical British humour, especially regarding the remark about hotel rooms. One can imagine Charles making this sort of remark to give the girl a giggle, not as a serious 'Oh My':eek:!

Quite right, glad she was history before making history herself.

It's actually the Sun so-called 'newspaper' that claims that she claims that they slept together in 1992 - not quite the same thing. Especially as I don't think he went on any visit to Canada or the USA in 1992 to allow them to have met up again. :nonono:

Janet Jenkins

He didn't need to travel to Canada or the USA. She went to Highgrove in 92 and that's the last time they slept together.

He didn't need to travel to Canada or the USA. She went to Highgrove in 92 and that's the last time they slept together.
I struggle to believe that as he was not yet officially separated from Diana, she would have stayed at Highgrove, without the press or Diana making it an issue. :flowers:

Oh really?Did you join 'm between the sheets...? Or did they ring you afterwards for an astray...?...Really...

Oh really?Did you join 'm between the sheets...? Or did they ring you afterwards for an astray...?...Really...

Lucien - Thats a classic comment, that needs to be framed! :ROFLMAO:

If that's the case how come Wendy Berry, the housekeeper at Highgrove until the spring of 1993 made no mention of this visit in her published diary? After all if she had her fees from the tabloids woul have shot up no end!

Well I agree with him to some extent. I am really very proud of the Prince for everything he campaigns for.
x

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggle to believe that as he was not yet officially separated from Diana, she would have stayed at Highgrove, without the press or Diana making it an issue. :flowers:
It seems to me that Prince Charles didn't care whether his wife had/made an issue with him commiting adultery, as evidenced by the longtime affair he was conducting with Camilla. Certainly his wife made her feelings on his adultery with Camilla abundantly clear, and doubtless would have done so about whomever else he was sleeping with as well.

So you're ultimately agreeing that if it had happened with the Jenkins woman at Highgrove in 1992, Diana would have made an issue of it? Good. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly his wife made her feelings on his adultery with Camilla abundantly clear,.
Did she, the only mention I recall was in the Panorama display added to which, I'm surprised she had the time! :rolleyes: This gets totally boring when you come out with the same old unconnected, incorrect statements.:whistling:

:previous: I seem to recall Diana making her views clear at Camilla's sister's birthday party. But, tempting as it is, I think this probably belongs in an ancient history thread, not current events.

Do we have an ancient history thread? Maybe we need one. It wouldn't be pretty but it might be fun.:shamrock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom