The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles makes 560 visits
Charles makes 560 visits | The Sun |News|Royals

Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

December 31

The Prince of Wales's former private secretary Elizabeth Buchanan has been made a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO) by the Queen.

The Press Association: Honour for Charles's ex-secretary

Old 01-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Bloodhound is being offered again

Royal yacht goes up for sale - Telegraph
Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles to visit Stamford on January 20 - Rutland & Stamford Mercury

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/7815589.stm

Skye bridge tolls campaigner Robbie the Pict has asked Prince Charles for help in trying to clear the names of those convicted for refusing to pay
Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

An Asian polo-playing friend who Prince Charles calls "Sooty" has insisted the nickname is a "term of affection with no offence meant or felt".

Royal Family Race Row: Prince Charles' Asian Friend Kolin Dhillon 'Not Offended' By 'Sooty' Nickname | UK News | Sky News

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...affection.html

However, in a statement Mr Dhillon insisted he regarded the Sooty nickname as a "term of affection".
"I have to say, you know you have arrived when you acquire a nickname!" he said.
"I enjoy being called Sooty by my friends who I am sure universally use the name as a term of affection with no offence meant or felt. The Prince of Wales is a man of zero prejudice and both of his sons have always been most respectful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-a-racist.html
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Majesty

And that's what it is,a nickname in affection.I have a friend from the Antilles whom I call "Blacky" or "Browny",whatever comes up first,
and we know eachother for 35 years.Never given the offence bit a thought.I couldn't care less what others think on that,it's more important what I think of others....to use a phrase by dear Victoria...always.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

As Camilla Parker Bowles, with her former husband Andrew who was also a luminary of the polo world, she first knew Mr Dhillon from the early days of her first marriage in the 1970s. They have dined at their respective homes in Gloucestershire and Wiltshire

The Duchess of Cornwall called him Sooty first - Telegraph

Anti-racism campaigners are demanding an apology from the Prince of Wales for calling an Indian friend "Sooty" - even though the man himself has said he is not offended.

Anti-racism campaigners demand 'Sooty' apology from Prince of Wales - Telegraph
--------------------
On and on and on!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hello
Charles is a 'man of zero prejudice' insists Asian polo playing friend
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Mr Dhillon is "Sooty", Prince Harry is "Ginger" - so what? I don't think that papers who invented such "nice" nicks like "Duchess of Pork" or "Waity Katie" should howl that way. And even the Telegraph, which I thought was slightly better, creates headlines that make it appear as if The Duchess of Cornwall coined the nick "Sooty" instead of just using it on titling: "The Duchess of Cornwall called him Sooty first". Come on!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles ... 'no racist'
'Prince Charles is no racist' | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

Harris said (...) In my experience and knowledge of the Prince of Wales, I can say with certainty that he is not a racist."

Prince Charles is no racist, says ex-aide | UK news | The Guardian
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Anti-racism campaigners are demanding an apology from the Prince of Wales for calling an Indian friend "Sooty" - even though the man himself has said he is not offended.

Anti-racism campaigners demand 'Sooty' apology from Prince of Wales - Telegraph
--------------------
On and on and on!
OK . . . . . let me get this right, they are talking at the club or even on the field and the POW or his sons call out "Kolin", and everybody is looking around for him and 'Sooty' yells, who me? You halfwit the other team just scored!

To borrow once again from Andrew Alexander . . . what a bunch of "pious, pompous, prudish, sanctimonious, semi-hysterical, self-righteous, mealymouthed, whining prigs".
Old 01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

He isnt a Racist lol
Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles visited a palace with a difference on a tour of a distillery.

icRenfrewshire - Charles enjoys gin distillery tour
Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles visited a palace with a difference on a tour of a distillery.

icRenfrewshire - Charles enjoys gin distillery tour
In former times gin was mazerated with natural herbs and plants before destillation. Terrible to read that these people did treat the "Green Prince" to a show how they make gin from "chemicals"....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
In former times gin was mazerated with natural herbs and plants before destillation. Terrible to read that these people did treat the "Green Prince" to a show how they make gin from "chemicals"....
The article was incorrect when it stated chemicals were added...

Quote:
he was shown the huge stills containing the alcohol and 11 bins of the botanicals which are added to it to give it flavour
Prince Charles sips gin on distillery tour - Telegraph
-------------
I dislike the smell of Juniper berries, I once had to marinade venison in them for a recipe, many, many years ago!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I dislike the smell of Juniper berries, I once had to marinade venison in them for a recipe, many, many years ago!
I know just how he feels . . . . . nauseated!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Pics 18.1.2009

Some pics from the special tour

The Prince of Wales smelling the spirit as he visits William
Grant Sons site near Girvan in Ayrshire where Hendrick's
spirit is made, January 18, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales Visits Lincolnshire
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

BRITAIN is a "fragmented society" where prejudiced communities have little opportunity to learn about each other, Prince Charles said today as he praised the work of one group of youths in "blighted" Dewsbury

Prince Charles attacks 'fragmented Britain' - Yorkshire Post

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales