The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

TROOPS in danger on the front line are "too often out of mind", Prince Charles has told The Sun.

Prince Charles launches The Sun Military Awards 2009 | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

The Prince of Wales has praised the "extraordinary dedication and professionalism" of Britain's armed forces but warned that he fears their sacrifices are "too often" forgotten

Prince Charles: 'Sacrifices of British soldiers are too often out of mind' - Telegraph

A man who taught the Prince of Wales about crofting on Berneray in the Western Isles has died.
Donald Alec MacKillop - known as Splash - played host to the heir to the throne for several days in 1987.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Highlands and Islands | Death of prince's crofting tutor

Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales spoke of his son Harry's deployment to Afghanistan as he helped the 1st Queen's Dragoon Guards mark their 50th anniversary.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince Charles joins cavalry celebrations

includes video

PRINCE Charles today spoke of his pride in Wales’ soldiers as he accepted a salute from 1st Queen’s Dragoon Guards at Cardiff Castle.
The Prince of Wales was speaking moments before soldiers from the battalion, also known as the Welsh Cavalry, marched through the capital exercising their freedom of the city

WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Prince Charles reveals his pride in Wales' soldiers

Old 07-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Pics 31.7.2009

Pics from today:

HRH Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales wears the ceremonial dress
uniform 'Blues with Sword' of The Queen's Dragoon Guards as he poses
for a regimental photograph whilst visiting 1st The Queen's Dragoon
Guards as they celebrate their 50th anniversary and exercise their
freedom of the city of Cardiff, Cardiff Castle on July 31, 2009 in Cardiff,
Wales.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **
Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** Pic 1 ** **
Is it me or does HRH PC look an awful lot like his father??
Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Skydragon;973608]The Prince of Wales spoke of his son Harry's deployment to Afghanistan as he helped the 1st Queen's Dragoon Guards mark their 50th anniversary.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince Charles joins cavalry celebrations

includes video

Thankyou so much for this link, PC is consistent and genuine in his support for all the troops
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
In that photo, I would say there is a strong resemblance, but I've always thought that Prince Charles was a mix of his mother and grandmother.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
In this picture of course and I think he has a quite resemblence to Lord Mountbatten, mixed with the Windsor-look...
Old 08-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
He does look an awful lot like Prince Phillip.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Pics 2.8.2009

Prince Charles during the official opening of the new
May village hall in Caithness, UK, August 2nd, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales congratulated a community for restoring their village hall in a £700,000 project.
Charles described the hall in the village of Mey, Caithness, as "marvellous" after unveiling a plaque to officially open it.

Prince Charles praises village hall - Mearns Today
Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Pics 3.8.2009

The Prince of Wales during a visit to Caithness Horizons in
the Highland town of Thurso, Scotland, August 3, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

A NEW cultural centre in the far north of Scotland was officially opened yesterday by Prince Charles as he maintained the Royal family's strong link to Caithness.

Prince goes north for the culture - Scotsman.com News

Prince Charles said yesterday that he hoped a new cultural centre would bring "something special"
to a region with close royal ties.
Charles, the Duke of Rothesay, spoke as he officially opened Caithness Horizons in the Highland town of Thurso.
advertisement

Prince Opens Caithness Cultural Centre (from The Herald )
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales during a visit to Dunbeath Heritage
Centre in Dunbeath, Scotland, August 4, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I see HRH is wearing his kilt. When did the family officially get their's and has the colors changed with the family bloodlines and names changing--does that makes sense?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I see HRH is wearing his kilt. When did the family officially get their's and has the colors changed with the family bloodlines and names changing--does that makes sense?
I'm interested to know when and why he wears the different tartans. I also love the coat and vest he has been wearing lately with the different kilts.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I'm interest to know when and why he wears the different tartans. I also love the coat and vest he has been wearing lately with the different kilts.
I want to know it too, kiilts i like best
Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes and No!

Quote:
The earliest known reference for the use of a royal tartan is contained in the accounts of the treasurer of King James III. in 1471, where a purchase of a tartan for the king and his queen is mentioned. King James V. wore tartan when he was hunting in the Highlands in 1538, and King Charles II. wore tartan ribbons on his coat at his marriage in 1662
Mysterious Scotland
Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

THE royal seal of approval has been given to major face-lifts recently carried out on two historic community hubs in Caithness.
The official wraps were this week taken off the new-look Mey village hall and the Caithness Horizons visitor centre in Thurso at the start of Prince Charles' week-long stay at the Castle of Mey.

New-look centres get the prince's seal of approval - John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier

Britain's Prince Charles referred to his grandmother during a visit to a heritage centre.
The 60-year-old royal was at the Dunbeath Heritage Centre in Caithness, Scotland, as he discussed how close he had been to the late Queen Mother, who died in 2002 and would have been 109 yesterday (04.08.09)

Read more: Prince Charles remembers grandmother - Monsters and Critics
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

So. . . what "clan" officially is HRH in? Is it Windsor? And I'm assuming that one cannot wear the colors that HRH and the BRF wear because it belongs to them?
Will somebody be fined if they do?
Inquiring minds wanna know. . .
Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The main clan is that of Stewart, there is no such clan as Clan Windsor. Charles wears the Balmoral, Stewart, Rothesey including the hunting, Lord of the Isles, Gordon, Balmoral. Nobody is allowed to wear the Balmoral without the permission of HM and that includes members of the royal family.
-------------------------------------

"When I was a kid I wanted to be a Princess and marry PRINCE CHARLES

The Things They Say: at Hollywood.com

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales