The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales current events 1: March-July 2006

Welcome to the thread for posting news and photos of Prince Charles at events where he isn't accompanied by Camilla.

News and photos of events attended jointly by Charles and Camilla should be posted in the Charles and Camilla Current Events thread. The latest incarnation of the thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...10-a-9085.html

Old 03-09-2006, 03:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Source - getty images
Britain's Prince Charles (R) greets Pakistani PM Shaukat Aziz on 7 March 2006
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57024501.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	231640  

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

A very interesting article in The Royalist about Prince Charles. Interesting becasue it's the first (as long as I remember) positive article about Prince Charles.
Charles: Undervalued By The Media?
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/455/2/

I love this part:

The fact is the whole of the Royal Family undertake, both publicly and privately, a huge amount of work, 99% of which goes unreported by the oh-so-powerful media. This is why Prince Charles continues to suffer a bad Press.
The fact is we are all probably guilty of judging Charles and Camilla by the past rather than present. That isn't to say Charles and Camilla haven't behaved badly. But then again, there are times when they do good works, but still their past overshadows them.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34 AM

LOL! That's rich. Oh why oh why doesn't a lawyer tab those people?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince 'thanks' force during tour

Prince Charles said he understood that officers can feel "under-appreciated", as he unveiled a plaque celebrating Dorset's police's 150th anniversary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4792226.stm
Old 03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Images from abaca, yahoo/ap
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	472581.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	231896   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	231897   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	231898   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	231899  

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	231900   Click image for larger version

Name:	472582.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	231901   Click image for larger version

Name:	472583.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	231902   Click image for larger version

Name:	472584.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	231903  

Name:	472585.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	231904   Click image for larger version

Name:	472586.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	231905  
Old 03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
This is exactly why I have to depend on TRF to get legitimate news on the BRF. The pic of Prince Charles playing with a cricket bat was not even in the "funnies" let alone the front cover or even Section A of my newspaper for that matter. Nor was there any tv coverage of this that I have seen. There isn't much coverage of any royals over here stateside unless some controversy is involved. What a shame when you have a prince of man as well as an actual prince doing good works.

Instead I have to hear about Michael Jackson letting his employees insurance lapse and being fined $69,000k.

Hmmm...good works or no works? You choose.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Aristocracy

Kerry
I do relate -I live in the celebrity capital-LA where ironically I can get get great gossip on anybody else except the ones that I really am interested in C+C. I wish when I got interested in them I had realized how much a pain it is to be interested in someone in a foreign country. I think I have a better idea of what is going on in the UK then my own country these days due to reading their papers. Thank god for newsnow, multisystem dvd/vcrs and getty. Looking at Getty is almost as good as seeing it on TV said the American rather pathetically. That week in November :) Pity they couldn't have stayed longer.

I wish we had more coverage of Charles in the US doing his good works.Maybe it would encourage people in our country to try some of his ideas. ie His embracing the Muslim community is something our country needs to learn.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

First female equerry for prince

Prince Charles has appointed a 36-year-old squadron leader to be his first female equerry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4801648.stm
Old 03-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
First female equerry for prince

Prince Charles has appointed a 36-year-old squadron leader to be his first female equerry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4801648.stm
Hurray for Sqn Ldr Casebury for being a first! She has just made future history books.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles greets Egypt's Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif at Clarence House in central London, 14 March 2006.
Source - Getty images
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	57079183.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	232510   Click image for larger version

Name:	57079197.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	232511  
Old 03-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've moved a couple of recent posts from here to the Prince Charles diaries and court case thread. Since it's a fairly controversial and long-running event, it's best to put posts about it there rather than having them show up here at intervals when new developments occur.

The thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...case-8937.html
Old 03-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Courtier

March 28, 2006; from the Daily Mail 'Prince Charles had a fling with Barbra Streisand'

According to a new unauthorized biography of Streisand by Christopher Anderson, Prince Charles had a secret affair with the singer two years after separating from Diana, and while he was seeing Camilla. Spokespersons for both refused to comment on the claims in the book. See link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...3&in_a_source==
Old 03-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

No wonder it was unauthorised. Shades of "Diana had an affair with JFK Jr." which seems to not have been widely known by anyone other than the author of that rumour.

Whatever it takes to sell more copies...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
March 28, 2006; from the Daily Mail 'Prince Charles had a fling with Barbra Streisand'

According to a new unauthorized biography of Streisand by Christopher Anderson, Prince Charles had a secret affair with the singer two years after separating from Diana, and while he was seeing Camilla. Spokespersons for both refused to comment on the claims in the book. See link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...&in_a_source==
I thought this was hilariously funny, if you look at all the men she was supposed to have slept with.
I have taken tea with quite a few male friends, is that now classed as an affair? If so, I have been a very busy girl!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Courtier

And this staff member isn`t knocking on the door, if he is entering...? If I head "private tea", I would nobody let come in. And 1994 was a very hard time for Charles, I`m not sure about having time for affairs...He had to fight for Camilla then.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I thought this was hilariously funny, if you look at all the men she was supposed to have slept with.
I have taken tea with quite a few male friends, is that now classed as an affair? If so, I have been a very busy girl!
I thought it was funny too especially the part about the "private tea".
Old 03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Dont belive this story for a second
Old 03-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Dont belive this story for a second
Neither do I. They'll do anything, they will, to sell a book!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Britons Ponder Future of Royal Family

Many adults in Britain would like to see changes in the way their monarchy functions

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/inde...m&itemID=11426

I put this latest poll in here, I thought it seemed to indicate that Britain is more in favour of Charles becoming King. The mods may move it.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales