The Prince of Wales Current Events 1: March-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skhaynie said:
I was just thinking about this today, when I saw that Camilla's father died. I've noticed that Charles never seems to make the news by himself in America; he only seems to hit the headlines in conjunction with a woman, be it Diana, the Queen or now, Camilla. I noticed on this forum today, that the Camilla current event thread is 12 pages long, but Charles' is only 8 pages. For those in the UK, do you see this trend in the papers and on the news there? If so, I wonder if it bothers him as much now as it did when he and Diana were married...:rolleyes:

That´s only natural. Women always draw more attention, because clothes, hairdo, jewelry...And with Camilla its also because of her "past". You want to see her behaviour in public. But the difference to Diana is: Camilla is always trying to let get Charles first. He hasn´t to be jealous. Diana wanted to steal him the show. And he want the public to be in love with Camilla.

hornsen said:
That´s only natural. Women always draw more attention, because clothes, hairdo, jewelry...And with Camilla its also because of her "past". You want to see her behaviour in public. But the difference to Diana is: Camilla is always trying to let get Charles first. He hasn´t to be jealous. Diana wanted to steal him the show. And he want the public to be in love with Camilla.

Maybe Diana didn't mean to steal the show from Prince Charles but she certainly did (because she was young, fresh, beautiful, Cinderella...). And I have the impression she ejoyed it, at least at first.
Camilla definetely doesn't want to steal the show but for the reasons, given by Hornsen, sometimes it's inevitable. Women do get more attention.

skhaynie said:
I was just thinking about this today, when I saw that Camilla's father died. I've noticed that Charles never seems to make the news by himself in America; he only seems to hit the headlines in conjunction with a woman, be it Diana, the Queen or now, Camilla. I noticed on this forum today, that the Camilla current event thread is 12 pages long, but Charles' is only 8 pages. For those in the UK, do you see this trend in the papers and on the news there? If so, I wonder if it bothers him as much now as it did when he and Diana were married...:rolleyes:

The newspapers/media are at fault. Charles does a lot of unreported work and when they do a joint event, they focus on Camilla.

I don't think Charles is at all bothered by Camilla getting the press attention, she doesn't seek it and he is proud to 'display' his darling wife.

That is so sweet of Charles and shows the great affection he had for his grandmama.

Prince is given rooftop welcome

The Prince of Wales has met workers at an affordable housing scheme as part of a two-day visit to Cornwall.

After flying in, Prince Charles, who is the Duke of Cornwall, was greeted by builders who lined the rooftops of the Belvedere housing development in Truro.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cornwall/5076136.stm

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 114
Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales during a visit to Fentongollan Farm, June 13, 2006 in Truro, England.
The Prince is spending two days on official visits in Cornwall and Devon but he was not joined by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, after the death of her father Major Bruce Shand on Sunday.
source - getty

Attachments

• 71193693.jpg
    71193693.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 71193694.jpg
    71193694.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 71193702.jpg
    71193702.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 71193861.jpg
    71193861.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 71193863.jpg
    71193863.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 71193866.jpg
    71193866.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 71193869.jpg
    71193869.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 71193875.jpg
    71193875.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 71194064.jpg
    71194064.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for posting, Avalon. I think, on some pics he is looking full of cares...And he is wearing a black tie. I miss Camilla, I was looking forward to this event.:(

I think that Charles wearing a black tie is so great. Even if he can not be with his wife, he is showing how much he does care.

Holocaust survivor Leon Greenman, 95, points to his late wife Else's wedding dress, which was died brown so she could re-wear later, as he shares his memories with Britain's Prince Charles at the Jewish Museum in Finchley, in London, 22 June 2006.
Greenman, who was kept in six different concentration camps, lost his wife and baby son to the Nazis, shortly after they arrived at the Birkenau camp. He has dedicated his life to educating people about the Holocaust and he spends every Sunday at the museum showing youngsters round and taking questions. AFP Photo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060622/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalcharles_060622174733

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charle's visit peoples building Hemel Hempstead

from abaca

Attachments

• 509464.jpg
    509464.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 509466.jpg
    509466.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 509465.jpg
    509465.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 144
  • 509463.jpg
    509463.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 128
Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 00980038.jpg
    00980038.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 00980040.jpg
    00980040.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 00980041.jpg
    00980041.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 00980043.jpg
    00980043.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 00980045.jpg
    00980045.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 00980046.jpg
    00980046.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 00980047.jpg
    00980047.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 00980048.jpg
    00980048.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 00980049.jpg
    00980049.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 181
Is Prince Charles still wearing a black tie? You must admit that he is truly standing byside his wife.

Prince Charles looks so happy and handsome these days. I am happy things are going well in this life.

Really a great spending of money. The Governments (including mine) could take a leaf out of Prince Charles's book!
And Camilla 'cost' only 2000£ !!!! Wow!
Sorry, I might have memorized but what were the 4 solo engagements of the Duchess abroad? Were the solo engagements she was doing while on tour with Prince Charles in Saudi Arabia, India and Egypt meant? :confused:

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Really a great spending of money. The Governments (including mine) could take a leaf out of Prince Charles's book!
And Camilla 'cost' only 2000£ !!!! Wow!
Sorry, I might have memorized but what were the 4 solo engagements of the Duchess abroad? Were the solo engagements she was doing while on tour with Prince Charles in Saudi Arabia, India and Egypt meant? :confused:

I think so and didn't she do a solo in America?

3.5p from every person in the UK, much less than Tony Blair and his family them! :D

How long for the MPs to start circling? It won't help Charles income is even better then last year. Sigh ... groan.

There is a part of me that wonders if Charles pays above and beyond or the accounting is arranged so that Camilla herself barely cost the taxpayer anything. He is notoriously protective of her.

cde said:
How long for the MPs to start circling? It won't help Charles income is even better then last year. Sigh ... groan.

There is a part of me that wonders if Charles pays above and beyond or the accounting is arranged so that Camilla herself barely cost the taxpayer anything. He is notoriously protective of her.

I hope not. Charles has a lots of accountants around him. His treasure helps him manage his money but Sir Michael Peat is an expert about how to make money and how to save money and how to make book keeping. I too also wonder how Camilla can only spend 2000 pounds public money in the last year, but Charles is always willing to use his money on her and that counts.He has not revealed his personal expenditure yet and it is ok for me.

Camilla does seem to rely on Charles more than I thought. That's a good balance. Charles leads the way and Camilla follows him and support him,

Love C_C

I totally agree with you about Sir Michael Peat. He is extremely good with money. And whatever they do to make it that Camilla is extremely cheap to the taxpayer is fine by me. I wasn't suggesting otherwise, more curiosity then anything.
Whatever is necessary...

MPs seek inquiry after Prince Charles makes record £14m

The Prince of Wales's private income should be fully investigated by Parliament, a senior member of the Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC) said yesterday after the Prince was revealed to have received a record £14m last year.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1099178.ece

Yet another misleading headline - it is one MP!

love_cc said:
I hope not. Charles has a lots of accountants around him. His treasure helps him manage his money but Sir Michael Peat is an expert about how to make money and how to save money and how to make book keeping. I too also wonder how Camilla can only spend 2000 pounds public money in the last year,Camilla does seem to rely on Charles more than I thought. That's a good balance. Charles leads the way and Camilla follows him and support him,

Sir Michael is his personal secretary, not his accountant, financial or tax advisor. :) I am certain, from what we have seen over the years, that Charles does have very astute business advisors plus his own business acumen.
I don't think the figures are 'fixed' for Camilla, as Sir Michael explains, the house was already there etc. Charles seems more than happy to pay for Camilla out of his own pocket, much like any devoted husband. :D

Skydragon said:
Sir Michael is his personal secretary, not his accountant, financial or tax advisor. :) I am certain, from what we have seen over the years, that Charles does have very astute business advisors plus his own business acumen.
I don't think the figures are 'fixed' for Camilla, as Sir Michael explains, the house was already there etc. Charles seems more than happy to pay for Camilla out of his own pocket, much like any devoted husband. :D
I am not hinting that Prince Charles is cheating on the public money. I trust him as a very honest man who probably is not capable to say a white lie.Charles has his auditor to review his finance review as well. People in his office knew the MPs targeting Charles and Camilla. To avoid any controversy and sensitivity, Charles may just use his personal money to fund Camilla's life like what he did in the past. He is such a loving and doting husband who will do everything to please his wife. I will rank Prince Charles as Top1 loving and doting husband before Beckham and Tony Blair.:D
The sun joked that Prince Charles was the meanest husband in the country becaus he cut his personal expenditure while he makes more money.Such a laugh and I thought one second then what the paper meant.:D Charles is a doting brother and a doting father and I am not surprised to see him as a very doting husband. As long as his loved ones are happy, he will be happy. He will be that good. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom