The Prince of Wales Current Events 1: March-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
MPs seek inquiry after Prince Charles makes record £14m

The Prince of Wales's private income should be fully investigated by Parliament, a senior member of the Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC) said yesterday after the Prince was revealed to have received a record £14m last year.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1099178.ece

Yet another misleading headline - it is one MP!

I wonder what they propose to do about it. Start breaking up the Duchy and make them sell off assets to "reward" them for profitable management? Insist that the Duchy is run less efficiently in the future?

I'm sure that if the people running the Duchy were gouging on rents and withholding needed repairs in order to churn out huge profits, the tabloid press would have been all over it by now.

love_cc said:
I am not hinting that Prince Charles is cheating on the public money.

I wasn't suggesting you were. :) Charles has already said that he uses money from his salary to pay for any extras his beloved wife requires!:D Too right, it is every husbands duty! :D

Wow, start an inquiry because somebody runs his buisness well! :eek: They had better asked for advice! :D
It's funny because I was almost expecting something like this. :rolleyes: :cool:

Some more pictures of Charles :) (From Bruno Press):

Attachments

• camilla 2.jpg
    camilla 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 246
  • camilla 3.jpg
    camilla 3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 226
  • camilla 4.jpg
    camilla 4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 247
  • camillla 5.jpg
    camillla 5.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 211
Elspeth said:
I wonder what they propose to do about it. Start breaking up the Duchy and make them sell off assets to "reward" them for profitable management? Insist that the Duchy is run less efficiently in the future?

I'm sure that if the people running the Duchy were gouging on rents and withholding needed repairs in order to churn out huge profits, the tabloid press would have been all over it by now.

I wonder if they are proposing to have a full review of the private expenditure etc of EVERY other person in Britain. If not why pick on Charles because he is able to make his assets more profitable than they were last year.

Prince Charles Enters Sternberg Tree Row

Prince Charles has waded into a fierce debate over the environmental cost of plans to develop the Sternberg Centre.
Campaigners and local residents are furious that planners have applied for permission to fell more than 150 trees, including 56 trees protected by Tree Preservation Orders.

http://www.totallyjewish.com/news/national/?content_id=3783

Antique chair the victim of Charles’ royal rage at Camilla!

London: Prince Charles reportedly smashed up an antique chair during a row with new wife Camilla.

http://www.newkerala.com/news3.php?action=fullnews&id=17207

This one I really don't believe. Charles was very attentive to his wife at the time of her fathers death, as we all saw. The original article seems to have been in the Sun, which says it all.

Skydragon said:

London: Prince Charles reportedly smashed up an antique chair during a row with new wife Camilla.

This one I really don't believe. Charles was very attentive to his wife at the time of her fathers death, as we all saw. The original article seems to have been in the Sun, which says it all.

I don't believe it either. And quote the Sun as a source, I ask you! All the recent pictures show just how very attenitive Prince Charles is towards Camilla and the idea he was displeased at Camilla's cancelled engagements, because of he FAHTER's death is really ridiculous. :cool:

Skydragon said:

But it fits in with the reports who arose when it first became known that C & C returned earlier from their stay in Scotland - the idea of a hearty row between the two of them. I guess that's where this idea came from. It's not true surely, but it's interesting to see that the press seems to feel that there should be a strife between them.... That old scheme again....

What aload of old rubbish. 30 years of love turned sour after 1 year of marriage? Marvellous fiction.

BeatrixFan said:
What aload of old rubbish. 30 years of love turned sour after 1 year of marriage? Marvellous fiction.

Think so, too. I´m sure they sometimes have a row but, before marriage they certainly had too. That´s relationship. I think they have a deep understanding to each other and the love they share is invincible. A little row can´t wreck it. It keeps the passion. The story about Charles duties during Major Shand´s death are absolutly lies. Charles reduced his program to be with Camilla. He stayed with her and flew shortly before by helicopter and after right away back to her.

Charles' team announced quite quickly, for them, that Major Shand was on his death bed and they would hardly have returned to England early because of a row.
They really should be ashamed of themselves to suggest Charles did not support his wife, in everyway possible.

The Sun is useful, only for picking up dog muck and that is if you don't have anything else! :D

Skydragon said:
The Sun is useful, only for picking up dog muck and that is if you don't have anything else! :D

There you go again Skydragon. :) What more is there to say about The Sun? :p

Scum sucking bottom dwellers intent on destroying Charles and Camilla's marriage by stealth and suggestion. :mad:

So far? Not good :D

(But I'm sure they will continue to slither on their slimey way.)

The Press will say anything if it helps to sell papers. They are obviously ticked off because Prince Charles and Camilla are becoming so much more popular, and appear to be so happy.

Nor does a happy marriage sell papers apparently. :(

If the two of them don't fight sometimes, I would be concerned. It's normal.

Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, the press has been waiting to attack them. It is almost a surprise the attacks haven't started earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom