Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 3: June-July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
princess gertrude said:
Yet another lovely and fitting suit! They just look so happy and comfortable.

Is this the same outfit that Camilla wore to Royal Ascot at YorK?

I like that she is so frugal with her clothes. It is more fitting in todays world than having a new outfit every time she sets a foot through the door.

I think it's the same outfit that the Duchess wore at Royal Ascot at York.But she looks really more confident on her each engagements.We would see new hat of the Duchess on the 60th Anniversary celebrations on Sunday.

Yesterday The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a Reception at Buckingham Palace but i did not see any photos yet.Anyone see that?

CAMILLA'S PET POOCH STEALS THE LIMELIGHT

6 JULY 2005

Since marrying Prince Charles three months ago the Duchess of Cornwall has been roundly applauded for the ease with which she has taken to public life. On Tuesday afternoon, however, it was the turn of her Jack Russell Tosca to step into the limelight as she made her official debut in her new role.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/07/06/duchesscornwall/

1. Tosca plays host to Camilla and Tom at the canine event
2. The Jack Russell did her owner proud by winning a rosette in the "waggiest tail" category

Attachments

• cornwall-dop2a.jpg
    cornwall-dop2a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 252
  • cornwall-dop1a.jpg
    cornwall-dop1a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 234
Anna_R said:
CAMILLA'S PET POOCH STEALS THE LIMELIGHT category
That's funny!
Does anyone know if this is the dog that Charles gave her a number of years ago? I believe one of Charles' dogs once had pups and Camilla was given one of the pups.

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably is the same dog. It's the same breed as his dogs, at any rate, so it's likely to be a present from him.

HELLO MAGAZINE http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/07/07/camillaflag/

7 JULY 2005
The Duchess of Cornwall is to join an exclusive list of senior royals who have the Union Flag - also known as the Union Jack - flown in their honour on significant occasions. It is currently hoisted to mark the Queen's real and official birthdays, as well as key dates from her reign, and the birthdays of Prince Philip, the couple's four children, and the Countess of Wessex.

On Wednesday Buckingham Palace announced that Camilla's birthday, on July 17, will be marked in the same way.

The directive, which is decided upon by the Queen, covers magistrates courts, government buildings and offices of the Armed Forces. It is also sent out to local authorities, who are free to apply the protocol or not as they wish. Camilla's inclusion on the elite list means the red, white and blue Union Jack will be hoisted over official buildings to mark her July 17 birthday

Their Royal Highhnesses visit people who were injuried in London blasts at St Mary's Hospital today:

Attachments

• BRITAIN_EXPLOSIONS_LON115.jpg
    BRITAIN_EXPLOSIONS_LON115.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 189
  • BRITAIN_EXPLOSIONS_LON116.jpg
    BRITAIN_EXPLOSIONS_LON116.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 183
  • BRITAIN-ATTACKS-ROYAL-CHARL.jpg
    BRITAIN-ATTACKS-ROYAL-CHARL.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 165
From Getty...

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall greet the administrator at St. Mary's hospital in London 08 July, 2005, where they met with people injured in the terrorist bombings the day before

Attachments

• 53211111.jpg
    53211111.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 223
Royal Family Visit People Caught Up In London Bomb Attacks

Attachments

• 53211278.jpg
    53211278.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 53211373.jpg
    53211373.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 53211345.jpg
    53211345.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 53211344.jpg
    53211344.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 53211337.jpg
    53211337.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 53211333.jpg
    53211333.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 53211325.jpg
    53211325.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 53211247.jpg
    53211247.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 53211240.jpg
    53211240.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 303
  • 53211236.jpg
    53211236.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 194
Thanks lots marezdote and Amira for the update pics of Their Royal Highnesses.More 15 minutes later,The Queen will visit the Royal London Hospital to visit people who were injuried in the blasts and thanks for the staff to help to rescue people.

I must say I am surprised to see how happy and pleased the Duchess and the Prince seem in most pictures.

Comparing to the same circumstance in Madrid when the Royal Family with pain reflected in their faces went to pay their tribute to the dead and wounded people this photos of Charles and Camilla could very well been taken during a courtesy visit to an hospital.

What a way to behave. In this family only the Queen seems to know how to behave.

Regards.

I actually think it is refreshing to see them cheering these wounded people up abit. I'm sure if you were there with them you would feel their behavior is completely appropriate.

Its great that they came out to talk to the victims of th bombing. I must say that I dont think there is anything wrong with smiling, this isn't a memorial service. I would rather have someone trying to make me feel good in that position, than saying how bad they feel for me when there is nothing they can do about it. Anyway, its great that this vist was made.

Prince Charles knew that his sons was born at St.Mary's Hospital when Diana visits at St.Mary's Hospital in 1997 before she died they now Charles visit after Diana!

Sara Boyce

My GOODNESS! WHAT IS THIS? ARE THEY DAMNED IF THEY DO AND DAMNED IF THEY DON'T? ITS NOT LIKE THEY WENT THERE TO SAY, HA HA YOU GOT BOMBED AND WE DIDN'T. THEY WENT THERE TO BRING UP MORAL AND THE PEOPLE WERE SMILING TOO, SO IT MUST HAVE WORK. THE BRITISH ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR STIFF UPPER LIP, DID YOU NOT SEE THEM GOING OUT DRINK. PEOPLE GREIVE IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND I THINK WE NEED TO RESPECT THAT!

I SAY, GOOD JOB TO CHARLES AND CAMILLA!

I have to admit that the smiles jolted me at first, although it could just be the "stiff upper lip" Britsh thing--the important thing is that they went.

However, I do find it rather unnecessary to take photos inside the hospital with the victims. It strikes me as just, well, a tad exploitive. But then, I think the same thing about all those photos of royals from all over the world with kids sick in the hospital, for example.

Photos of them going into and coming out of the hospital would be sufficient, I think.

Two things are annoying me about where this thread is currently heading.

1. The obligatory mentioning of Diana. I know Sara & others are big fans but this is now and it seems to me that it is just a subtle way of saying that Camilla isn't as good.

2. The judging of C&C for their smiles. Surely at this point in time the main aim is to lift the spirits of those affected and show that they care. The time will no doubt come in the future when a memorial service will be held for those killed and I am sure that at that time the entire Royal Family will show their pain at what has happened.
No doubt Diana would have sat on peoples beds and held their hands with a madonna like expression on her face but, does that really achieve anything except providing a photo opportunity??

I think there is a slight difference in what happened in Madrid and what happened in London even though both incidents were the acts of terroists and lives were lost in both tragic cases.

As I am hearing from a variety of news sources, the terrorist attacks in London were somewhat expected, though of course this does not diminish the tragedy.

Also, though such incidents are not about numbers, in Madrid the number of lives lost was considerably higher than in London. Of course the life of a loved one lost is devastating to family and friends and it matters little that hundreds of lives were lost in Madrid plus hundreds more injured, while in London the number is about 50 lives lost and hundreds injured.

And if you look at the pictures, it's not just Charles and Camilla or the Queen who are smiling, but also the people they are with, whether it be patients, doctors, nurses or others.

I think, as mentioned, it's more important to note that Charles, Camilla and the Queen visited the patiences so soon after the attack. Remember the public outcry when the Queen carried on with her holiday following Diana's death? No hiding for the Queen or any of the other royals this time. She, Charles and Camilla were right on the front lines meeting with those affected by the attack and those aiding in recovery.

Isn't the point of visiting someone in the hospital is to show that you care and to brighten their day. Of course you are going to smile, you want them to feel better. The patients were also smiling. Comparing them to the pictures of the Spanish Royal Family after March 11 is unfair. There were no pictures taken of them visiting patients. The pictures were only of them going in and out of the hospital.

Anyone who can put a smile on these people's faces after all they have been through in the past few hours.... with all the physical and psychological pain , deserves to be respected and should be praised for lifting up people's spirits and morale !

CHAS LOVE CAR FOR SALE
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15717524%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=chas%2dlove%2dcar%2dfor%2dsale%2d-name_page.html

t.gif
Charles and Camilla to visit the United States on scheduled airline
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=YID5BUTWX42UHQFIQMFSM5OAVCBQ0JVC?xml=/news/2005/07/10/ncharles10.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/07/10/ixhome.html

Only Royals in the village
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005320434,00.html

Duchess is a Little Britain fan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/mid_/4680457.stm

Look, I've been really impressed with the prince these past few days. I'm usually very critical of him, but, from what I've seen on CNN: his sympathetic words, his appreciation, his compassion- I think he's been fabulous.

He does seem to have improved recently. Maybe Camilla is being firm with him about some of his weirder eccentricities!

Yes, it did seem rather overpowering with that white dress. However, as far as royal hats go, I've seen worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom