Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: May-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THanks for all the photos. It's always nice seeing Charles happy and at ease with children. The photo of Charles on the playground is funny.:D

MIRROR NEWSPAPER

17 June 2005
PRINCE OF RAILS
IF Prince Charles wasn't busy preparing to be king it looks like he could have made a decent living at the bar.

The heir to the throne, 56, joked, "I think I'm going to have an Inspector Clouseau moment - le parallel bars" before jumping up and swinging back and forth several times. The mood took dapper Charles yesterday on a trip to a revamped housing estate in Clapton, East London.

;) Great photo?on a visit on Thursday:

Attachments

• sipaphotos219551.jpg
    sipaphotos219551.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 221
Prince Charles and Camilla got kisses at polo since he got kisses to his former wife the Princess Diana at polo since 1981-1990's check it out!

c.gif
c.gif
c.gif

Prince William's First Public Kiss for Camilla

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent, and David Hughes

Prince William kissed his stepmother the Duchess of Cornwall in public today for the first time in front of photographers.

The 22-year-old planted a peck on both Camilla’s cheeks at the Cirencester Park Polo Club in Gloucestershire.

The Duchess gave a broad smile as William stepped forward to greet her after the match as she handed out the prizes.

William’s public display of affection appears to signal his acceptance of his father’s new wife.

Next week, the Duchess will attend his graduation in St Andrews and last weekend rode in a carriage with her stepson at the Trooping the Colour parade.

After Charles and Camilla married in Windsor, both William and Prince Harry kissed her goodbye inside the grounds of the Castle.

But the pecks took place away from the royal media pack, in front of friends and royal staff and captured only on film by a camera crew making a documentary about the royal residence

Today’s charity polo match was awash with kisses.

Charles and Camilla shared their most intimate public one but stopped short of giving each other a full smacker, with part of their lips touching briefly.

The pair, who met a polo match in the early seventies, first pecked each other on the cheek in public in 2001 at a party thrown to support the National Osteoporosis Society.

The heir to the throne and William were part of a Highgrove team in a match that raised £50,000 for charity at the Cirencester Park Polo Club in Gloucestershire.

With Camilla looking on, they took on the home side but lost 5-4, despite a late goal from Charles.

Camilla, wearing a white dress and pale green jacket, presented the Burberry Cup to the home side, but rewarded Charles with the kiss as he picked up his loser’s prize.

Match sponsors Burberry donated £25,000 each to the National Osteoporosis Society, of which Camilla is president, and the Samantha Dixon Trust.

Before the game, Charles and Camilla made the most of the summer sunshine as they arrived in an open top classic Aston Martin.

Cirencester Park spokesman John Lloyd, said they were always happy to welcome Charles and his family to the club, which is just 10 miles from the Prince’s countryside retreat Highgrove.

Mr Lloyd said: “Cirencester Park is the club to which Charles, William and Harry belong and we are proud to be their local club.

The Prince of Wales kissing his wife at Polo Game yesterday:

Attachments

• 53093817.jpg
    53093817.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 53093820.jpg
    53093820.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 53094747.jpg
    53094747.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 53094750.jpg
    53094750.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 53094756.jpg
    53094756.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 282
It´s great to see him so relaxed and playing on the playground. Quite good for a man of his age.

Watch out Elton! Here comes the Piano Prince Friday, 17 June 2005
story.charles.produce.ap.jpg
The Prince of Wales has given a spontaneous piano performance during a visit to the Royal Arsenal.

Charles took to the keys to give a brief rendition of Chopsticks as he was shown round a newly-restored home within the former military complex.

Householders Nick Tankard, 36, and his wife Teresa Saez, 35, looked on in delight as the Prince played for them in their newly refurbished home.

The historic Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, south east London, is being restored to provide both private and affordable housing and the couple were among the first to move into the redeveloped flats.

Ms Saez said she had been taken by surprise when Prince Charles began playing her piano but said she had enjoyed it.

"It's going straight on eBay tomorrow," her husband joked.

Royal Arsenal construction

During his visit Charles was given a tour of one of the Royal Arsenal buildings still under construction.

Site foreman Andy Castle, who starred in Channel Four documentary Bricking It, explained to the Prince what work was under way in the former grand store which dates back to 1803 and is soon to be turned into 35 flats.

Once the work is complete the Royal Arsenal will have 1,250 homes, 30 per cent of which will be set aside for key workers to part-buy under shared-ownership schemes.

In its heyday at the height of the British Empire the site supplied equipment to every large scale conflict including the Napoleonic, Crimean and Boer wars.

It fell into disrepair after the Second World War and was finally closed in 1967.

Last month the Prince made a plea for old buildings to be converted for other use such as residential rather than be knocked down.

He gave his speech on the same day that the Government's plan to demolish hundreds of thousands of homes in the North and Midlands to create space for new housing came under attack.

In tributes to its past the Prince unveiled a statue of the Duke of Wellington in the site's communal garden in front of local schoolchildren and residents.

He chatted briefly to the crowd before leaving for Clapton, East London, where he will later visit a regenerated housing estate.

Daily Mail 16th June 2005

HMQueenElizabethII said:
;) Great photo?on a visit on Thursday:

Seeing Charles trying out the parallel bars reminded me of this from a book:

From The Queen by Douglas Keay (copyright 1991) St. Martin's Press. Page 151.
It refers to his prep school Cheam.

"The gymnasium was one of Charles's favourite bolt-holes - Peter Beck, the joint headmaster, came across the Queen on one of her visits very happily trying out the parallel bars with her son."

When I see Charles with Camilla now he is soooooooooo happy. I never really so this with Diana. However, I am not saying that he was never happy with Diana, but there is something different with Camilla. I wish them the best.

Akilah said:
When I see Charles with Camilla now he is soooooooooo happy. I never really so this with Diana. However, I am not saying that he was never happy with Diana, but there is something different with Camilla. I wish them the best.

I agree - he seems so happy with Camilla. It is like he is with his soulmate - which I think he is.

What a pity that he didn't marry her in the first place and all the heartache would have been avoided.

Akilah said:

i would agree with you!

but first Prince Charles got married to his first wife the Princess Diana in 1981 till both got separation in 1992 for 4 years till divorces finalize in 1996 but both not happy because i dont know why! because Charles went see Camilla often since his son Harry's birth in 1984 but Diana told him please dont see her everyday! or years! if Charles will become King and Diana will become Queen that it! or Charles will lose to rights!

they later Charles and Diana got finalize for divorces and Charles went see Camilla after his divorces from Diana but Charles still happy for her to marry to Camilla but i dont like his second wife! but im really adores Diana very much!

Sara Boyce

Good grief, what a spiteful article. Not surprising, I suppose, given that the author is the reporter who was a confdante of Diana and used to meet her in "secret" to be fed stories about the iniquities of the royals.

the duke and duchess of cornwall will be the 22 of june in edinburgh

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, accompanied by The Duchess of Rothesay, will speak at a reception for veterans to mark the 60th Anniversary of the end of the Second World War, Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh.
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay and The Duchess of Rothesay will meet volunteers and mentors at a reception for The Prince's Trust Scotland and the Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust, Edinburgh.
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay and The Duchess of Rothesay will give a dinner to celebrate the arts in Scotland, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh.

carlota said:
the duke and duchess of cornwall will be the 22 of june in edinburgh

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, accompanied by The Duchess of Rothesay,

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but can anyone tell me what all the titles Charles and Camilla possess are?

The obvious ones:
The Prince and Princess of Wales
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay

and ...? :confused:

Alexandria said:
I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but can anyone tell me what all the titles Charles and Camilla possess are?

The obvious ones:
The Prince and Princess of Wales
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay

and ...? :confused:
The Earl and Countess of Carrick
The Earl and Countess of Chester
BAron and Baroness Renfrew (Thank you Dennism)
I know that the Prince of Wales is also
Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland

Last edited:
and what are the female versions of those titles in english? what titles does camilla have? did she have any before getting married?

Great job, Ennyllorac, except that it´s Baron of Renfrew. As for the Princess of Wales, her other titles include Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay(in Scotland only), Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, and Princess of Scotland. No, only Mrs. Camilla Parker Bowles since her divorce in 1995.

It's Baron Renfrew, not Baron of Renfrew. British barons (and I think also Viscounts) aren't barons of anything; the barony has to do with the name, not with a place.

Elspeth said:
It's Baron Renfrew, not Baron of Renfrew. British barons (and I think also Viscounts) aren't barons of anything; the barony has to do with the name, not with a place.

Thanks Elspeth for clarifying that.

Now, I went back to check the Prince of Wales titles. According to www.royal.uk.gov (The Official Site of the British Monarchy) The Prince of Wales's other titles are The Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Lord of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland and Earl of Chester.

Now my question is if he is Lord of Renfrew what is Camilla?

O, sorry, Ennyllorac, my source was wrong. I don´t know what Camilla would be called then.

Lady of Renfrew? Just a guess, feel free to correct/ignore me on this.

According to this page in the Royal Family's website

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page458.asp

his Scottish titles are Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick and Baron Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland. That would make Camilla Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, and Baroness Renfrew. I have no idea if Charles's title as Lord of the Isles would make her Lady of the Isles.

My suspicion is that this "Lord of Renfrew" thingy on this page

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page391.asp

is a typo between "Baron Renfrew" and "Lord of the Isles." I've never heard of a title like "Lord of" apart from unusual ones like Lord of the Isles. In Scotland there is a title "laird of" which is equivalent, as far as I know, to "lord of," but I've never heard Charles being referred to as "laird of Renfrew." I don't know what a laird's wife would be called. Lairdess? Lady?

Iain, where are you when we need a Scottish expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom