The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

check it out on Mirror articles!

ROYAL RAT TRAP WISH
PRINCE Charles and Camilla are the couple people would most like to see locked in a box full of rats for charity.

A poll found 21 per cent of people wanted the royal pair to perform the I'm A Celebrity... task more than any other celebrities.

Thirty per cent of the 1,500 asked wanted to see Posh and Becks in a Big Brother-style house just to see them row.

And 24 per cent said they would like to see the Beckhams eat insects.

Advertisement

Les Sudron of charity Leonard Cheshire said the poll was to get people interested in fundraising: "It doesn't matter what you do if it raises money."

Old 06-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Christine Clancy shares a joke with Prince Charles<A class=LargeBody>W.I. LADIES MEET PRINCEhttp://The Prince of Wales and the D....<br /> <br />The calendar, in which the women's modesty was protected by cakes, flowers and household utensils, was highly successful and inspired the hit Calendar Girls movie in 2003 starring Dame Helen Mirren and Julie Walters.

Launched in 1999, more than 88,000 copies of the calendar were sold in the UK and a further 240,000 in the US.

It raised over 1million for the Leukaemia Research Fund.

Angela Baker, whose character was played by Julie Walters, told reporters at Clarence House: "It's absolutely wonderful. Who would not want to meet the Prince and the Duchess?

"The Prince has been with us all along the way, we've met him a few times before. He said it was an incredible achievement to raise 1 million for the charity."

The ladies of the North Yorkshire's Rylstone and District Women's Institute had the novel fundraising idea following the death of Mrs Baker's husband from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Other members who attended today's reception were Lynda Logan - reportedly the Prince's favourite Calendar Girl - Trisha Stewart, who was played by Mirren, Ros Fawcett, Christine Clancy and Beryl Bamforth.

The friends posed for a second calendar in 2004 and roped in six actresses from the film including Mirren and Walters to model alongside them.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
check it out on Mirror articles!

Les Sudron of charity Leonard Cheshire said the poll was to get people interested in fundraising: "It doesn't matter what you do if it raises money."

what's the point of charity, if you are putting other ppl in misery?

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Courtier

i found this articles about camilla's changes and the doctor behind that ,apparently, she uses the same as queen rania of jordan !

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cr...114293625.html

Old 06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, It's An Irani Doctor Who Has His Offices In Madrid, PARIS And London.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Reception at Clarence House yesterday. From Newscom and AAP Image, colourful Duchess, And Prince Charles with ladies:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive897071.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	153264   Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	153314   Click image for larger version

Name:	afplive777986.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	153315   Click image for larger version

Name:	afplive777985.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	153316  

Attached Images

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

PRINCE Charles has put forward his latest plans to develop a 900-acre Herefordshire estate.

The Prince of Wales, through the Duchy of Cornwall, is planning to transform the Harewood Park Estate and has already received planning permission to build a multi-million pound manor house on the rural site half-way between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye.

This week, the prince submitted designs to restore an historic chapel on the Harewood End grounds to its former beauty.

The chapel, which was rebuilt in 1864 and is classified as a listed building, will be repaired with original materials and features if the application is successful.

Architect Craig Hamilton, who is the agent working on behalf of Prince Charles, claims the works are necessary to restore the architectural and historic value of the chapel.

In the application to Herefordshire Council, he outlines repairs to stonework, guttering, damaged roofs and broken windows.

Work has already started on other parts of the estate with a number of dilapidated farmhouses, cottages and barns currently being renovated.

Once these jobs are finished, builders will demolish a 1960s bungalow and replace it with the centrepiece of the refurbished estate - the six-bedroomed manor house.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

from hellomagazine.com ...

Charles and Camilla meet the Calander Girls

Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall hosted Britain's unlikely pin-ups at Clarence House on Wednesday to celebrate the success of the famed Calendar Girls.

Five years ago, the Calendar Girls, a group of middle-aged members of North Yorkshire's Rylstone and District Women's Institute, posed naked for a calendar to raise cash for the Leukaemia Research Fund. After selling more than 320,000 copies and sparking the 2003 hit film starring Dame Helen Mirren and Julie Walters the ladies have raised more than 1 million for the cause.

Six of the original models Beryl Bamforth, Angela Baker, Lynda Logan, Tricia Stewart, Ros Fawcett and Christine Clancy attended the royal reception to recognise their achievement.

"It's absolutely wonderful today," said Angela Baker, whose late husband's death from Hodgkin's lymphoma inspired the calendar. "Who would not want to meet the Prince and the Duchess?"
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has Duchess Camilla been seen wearing any royal tiara since her wedding? I havent, i would like to see a pic of it.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

No not yet,Australian.Maybe in October as the Official visit of King Harald and Queen Sonja to England.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall atttend a reception for the Calender Girls on June 1, 2005 in London, England. The Calender Girls are a group of Yorkshire women who posed nude or semi nude for a calender to raise funds for Leukamemia Research and who later had a film made about them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53009695.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	153465   Click image for larger version

Name:	53009705.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	153467  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

What on earth were they doing there?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Royal weddings

Lifetime Television tonight at 11pm EST is:

"I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings"

The very brief description on the network's website says the show includes both of Charles' weddings.

www.lifetimetv.com
Old 06-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
Lifetime Television tonight at 11pm EST is:

"I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings"

The very brief description on the network's website says the show includes both of Charles' weddings.

www.lifetimetv.com
thanks for info i will watch it

Sara Boyce
Old 06-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why would it first be on so late at night?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Nobility

It doesn't make sense to me either that it is premiered so late, but it is a great show! It has good coverage of Mette Marit, Maxima and even Mabel. In America I have seen almost no film clips of their weddings.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I watch that films all over Royals include M-M,Maxima,Letizia,Mabel,etc.

I like Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer's wedding in 1981 more best than Prince Charles and Camilla's because many people like Diana very much! if many people like Camilla i dont care about Camilla NOPE!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

Prince of Wales hopes Morocco-GB friendship will persevere

The Prince of Wales said he shares with King Mohammed VI of Morocco the hope that religious and cultural institutions would preserve the spirit of friendship that marks relations between Morocco and Great Britain.
In a video message sent to the World Sacred Music Festival, held in Fez, he recalled that he was invited nine years ago to join the honour committee of the Festival and that he accepted the invitation of King Mohammed VI, then Crown prince, "not only because of his deep respect to and great friendship with the King but also because of his great admiration for the Moroccan people".

The British Prince added that music "is a universal language which speaks to all nations and all people without distinction of colour or belief."

The Prince of Wales said the way the festival rapidly developed to embody hope and harmony in North Africa and the Middle East "is a tribute to the wisdom of HM the King, for he encouraged the idea of the festival at the outset".

He said he had deeply sensed a long time ago that Islam and the Western World belong to a mutual culture based on the faith of Ibrahim and that in spite of "the current tensions, the basic aspects of our cultures bring us closer more than they separate us."
Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I kinda don't think it will happen.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

June 7, 2005: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall at the world charity premiere of 'Mystic India.' (An Excellent film, by the way)

I have to say the Duchess looks beautiful. I was trying to make out if she was wearing a 'ghagra-choli' (traditional Indian dress), but she is not, just wearing a long evening dress that looks like that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00671968.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	156540   Click image for larger version

Name:	00671969.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	156541   Click image for larger version

Name:	00671970.jpg
Views:	61