The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more photos:
Attached Images

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

And some more:
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

And the last set:
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

TRH looked so relaxed and happy.They really enjoy the life.Happy for them.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Ho hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I don't know much ... she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe :p.
So, I guess the debate about Charles and Camilla's marriage has now reached another level ... in the absence of any rational argument, just call her "the worst looking", or that "she looks like a man" (as stated in a previous post). Even worse than that, Camilla is not as pretty as women half her age. Shocking!

Time to grow up and move on, I think.

:)
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Thank you so much HMQueenElizabethII for these wonderful pics . Camilla looks sooo happy ! :) :) :)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Courtier

CHARLES AND CAMILLA'S FIRST ENGAGEMENT IN LONDON: Click here for our wedding special
Clickhttp://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/27/charlesandcamilla/http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/27/charlesandcamilla/ here for background articles
27 APRIL 2005

Back from their Scottish honeymoon, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have carried out their first public engagement together in London.

Braving wet and windy weather, the royal couple opened The Hub, a new sports pavilion in Regent's Park which is part of the capital's largest outdoor sports area. Clutching black brollies, Charles and Camilla watched youngsters playing football on relaid pitches and spoke to helpers involved in the Queen's Park Rangers' Football In The Community project.

The Duchess, who was later due to attend her first function at Buckingham Palace alongside the Prince, seemed unfazed by the inclement weather and the havoc the wind played with her hair. "I'm going to go off like Mary Poppins," she joked to some schoolchildren, as she struggled with an unruly umbrella.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Courtier

The Duchess chose a smart navy wool suit with satin trim, accessorised with her three-strand pearl necklace
Photo: EMPICS

The newlyweds were unfazed by the gusty weather - at one point, Camilla joked she was in danger of flying off like Mary Poppins
Photo: EMPICS
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely pictures, thank you all for posting! Camilla's outfit looked really smart, and that bouquet of flowers she received was very beautiful! I'm happy for the happy couple! :)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't know much about many Europe's crownprincesses in the past time (and also in the future), but in the present time indeed that she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe (sorry:o .....) compared to Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde,Mary, Mete marit:p.
Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising. I don't suppose some of these others will be exactly renowned beauties as they approach their 60th birthdays.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

really true elspeth. you are comparing women in their 30's and a lady in their 60's... it s normal she wont look as good as them. however i don't think camilla tried to be wonderful and stunning... she wanted to have a quiet and private life rather than a glittering and glamorous one.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising. I don't suppose some of these others will be exactly renowned beauties as they approach their 60th birthdays.

With all the respect and admiration I have for Camilla, I though have to say that I don't totally agree with what you've said . All the young princesses may not be as beautiful when older as today (although I have never considered Mary or Maxima as beautiful women) , but they will certainly be prettier than Camilla . Camilla was never a beauty, unlike some of these princesses . So there is a continuity in her looks, and there will probably also be a continuity in the looks of the young princesses .
Old 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

LONDON - APRIL 27: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall At The Queen's Gallery
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 11.bmp (190.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: bmp 12.bmp (178.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: bmp 13.bmp (189.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
With all the respect and admiration I have for Camilla, I though have to say that I don't totally agree with what you've said . All the young princesses may not be as beautiful when older as today (although I have never considered Mary or Maxima as beautiful women) , but they will certainly be prettier than Camilla . Camilla was never a beauty, unlike some of these princesses . So there is a continuity in her looks, and there will probably also be a continuity in the looks of the young princesses .
Oh, yes, I'm sure there will. However, when a person has lived a relatively private life until her mid-fifties, she's going to have a different style of dress and makeup etc from someone who's been "princessing" since she was 20 or 30. Camilla grew up in the immediate postwar era in England, when the overall standard of living was lower and the whole outlook was different. Most of the current crop of European princesses are products of the 1960s and 1070s, when western Europe was stable and prosperous when they were growing up, as was Australia and (for someone in Princess Maxima's class) South America. Camilla has also lived an outdoor life, not a life where she's been pampered and cossetted, and she's the mother of adult children. She's also not going to be wearing fashionable clothes like the young princesses; she might be better compared with the sixty-something queens like Sonja, Silvia, and Paola, who, while elegant and attractive, don't make headlines for fashion and beauty these days (and would probably not do themselves any favours by trying to do so). It takes someone special like Princess Marina to still be a fashion icon and genuine beauty in middle age.

I know that even with all the advantages of grooming and designer wear, Camilla would never be a beauty queen, but it's still a little unfair to compare a woman approaching 60 with ones who are in their 30s.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh, yes, I'm sure there will. However, when a person has lived a relatively private life until her mid-fifties, she's going to have a different style of dress and makeup etc from someone who's been "princessing" since she was 20 or 30. Camilla grew up in the immediate postwar era in England, when the overall standard of living was lower and the whole outlook was different. Most of the current crop of European princesses are products of the 1960s and 1070s, when western Europe was stable and prosperous when they were growing up, as was Australia and (for someone in Princess Maxima's class) South America. Camilla has also lived an outdoor life, not a life where she's been pampered and cossetted, and she's the mother of adult children. She's also not going to be wearing fashionable clothes like the young princesses; she might be better compared with the sixty-something queens like Sonja, Silvia, and Paola, who, while elegant and attractive, don't make headlines for fashion and beauty these days (and would probably not do themselves any favours by trying to do so). It takes someone special like Princess Marina to still be a fashion icon and genuine beauty in middle age.

I know that even with all the advantages of grooming and designer wear, Camilla would never be a beauty queen, but it's still a little unfair to compare a woman approaching 60 with ones who are in their 30s.
Hear, Hear!
Mind you, I think it is more than "a little unfair". It is grossly unfair!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

camilla's standard of living immediate postwar was never lower, she grew up in a family that gave her a trustfund of 100000 (can not remember how many zero's).
Her priorities were just different, she is healthy but looks like she has never excercised her upper arms in particular for instance in order to keep a bit of muscle tone, she just has played a bit of tennis etc. She might not even have bothered too much with a moisturiser. She is a typical woman of her background.

Quote:

Old 04-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
camilla's standard of living immediate postwar was never lower, she grew up in a family that gave her a trustfund of 100000 (can not remember how many zero's).
Her priorities were just different, she is healthy but looks like she has never excercised her upper arms in particular for instance in order to keep a bit of muscle tone, she just has played a bit of tennis etc. She might not even have bothered too much with a moisturiser. She is a typical woman of her background.
British women of Camilla's class & generation are happy with themselves and the last thing they would do would be to dash off to the plastic surgeon for a "nip & tuck".
Old 04-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising.
That what I meant actualy, but sorry I didn't make it clear enough, if she has compared with other crown princesses at this present time then of course her looking incomparable with theirs, with one of the reason is because of their diferences of age. I just gave a comment to what the post I quoted has said, and of course it is not make sense to compare her with others who much younger. Sorry for this misunderstanding, I had wrote my post in rush:o .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I don't know much ... she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe :p.
So, I guess the debate about Charles and Camilla's marriage has now reached another level ... in the absence of any rational argument, just call her "the worst looking", or that "she looks like a man" (as stated in a previous post). Even worse than that, Camilla is not as pretty as women half her age. Shocking!

Time to grow up and move on, I think.

:)
If you read carefuly whole thing in my post's window you will know that my post was to give a comment to other post, not independently about comparing the beauties of womans from difference age. My mistake was I didn't make it clear enough by putting the reason which make my opinion became reasonable, "that it is because of the fact that these crownprincesses have quite big difference in age with Camilla's" (again, I had wrote it in rush:o).
Old 04-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

GBR: Prince Of Wales And The Duchess of Cornwall Visit To Indian Art Centre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52733574.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	133992   Click image for larger version

Name:	52733576.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.4 KB