Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: April 9, 2005-May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Its very unroyal of her to wear the same thing twice in one week!

Well, at least of all the things Camilla is and will be accused of, the one thing she can't be accused of is being a clothes horse or that now that she's married Charles she's spending like mad on her wardrobe!

Like with any of the princesses, while I do appreciate that they recycle their clothes, I don't care for it when they repeat their outfits too close together. I wonder though, in this particular case, as it is still Camilla and Charle's honeymoon, if she simply didn't pack very much in the way of a working wardrobe as they were supposed to be on holiday. I would think that this is an event that would've been planned so certainly not unexpected so that Camilla could've prepared a new outfit but it's still a possibility.

I don't think it's unroyal to repeat your clothes, either. Camilla's own mother-in-law, the Queen repeats her clothes quite often, as do Letizia and Victoria. Camilla shouldn't be judged by a different rule.

When I was watching the wedding last weekend I heard a few of the reporters mention that Camilla doesnt want to have a very active royal role, that she'd prefer to remain behind the scenes and let her husband do most of the work.
But I was thinking that she may not have a choice in this matter, especially if the Queen wants Charles and Camilla to take on more of her own duties, international visits in particular.
But I suppose Camilla wont mind going on overseas trips as much. I think she's more nervous appearing at public events at home. Well, so far.
Im sure she'll get more comfortable in her role as time goes on.

According to the Royal diary,i do not see any engagements of the Duches yet,just this visit to the park.Maybe she just became a Royal o they should have time toarrange the engagements.

Attachments

• 338389.jpeg
    338389.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 315
  • 338390.jpeg
    338390.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 338392.jpeg
    338392.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 338394.jpeg
    338394.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 338396.jpeg
    338396.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 449
  • 338397.jpeg
    338397.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
I have to say, Charles looks so happy and relaxed with her.

Regarding the complaints of Camilla wearing the same outfit twice: is that her COAT or an actual dress?

Polfoto 14-04-2005 Britain's Prince Charles, right, and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall shelter under umbrellas as they open a new play park in Ballater,Scotland Thursday April 14, 2005 . It was the first official duty for the honeymooning couple since their wedding last Saturday. (AP Photo/David Cheskin, Pool)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 243
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 246
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 241
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 278
gosh. the same coat in the very same week, that's definately a record. As a commoner, even I would not be caught dead in the same distinct coat three times in less than a week, much less if I was in the public spotlight.

I think that Camilla probably should have given the press a benefit of the doubt and realize that they would have noticed something if she was wearing the same coat continiously, esp. considering the fact that the spotlight is shining brightly on her, after getting married less than a week ago. :p

of course she knew they would notice. she is sending a message, she does not give a d***, she will be able to change a bit but not too much, she is the way she is and that is the way things are.

agisele said:
gosh. the same coat in the very same week, that's definately a record. As a commoner, even I would not be caught dead in the same distinct coat three times in less than a week, much less if I was in the public spotlight.

I think that Camilla probably should have given the press a benefit of the doubt and realize that they would have noticed something if she was wearing the same coat continiously, esp. considering the fact that the spotlight is shining brightly on her, after getting married less than a week ago. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla Coat Scandal

susan alicia said:
of course she knew they would notice. she is sending a message, she does not give a d***

Yes. She is making it quite clear from the start that she will not be a clothes horse.

Don't expect Camilla to be wearing a new frock at every event. The focus will be on the work she is doing, not on what she is wearing.

Notably, just before the engagement was announced, some people were indignant at the fact that Charles was paying for Camilla's frocks. But now she is criticised for wearing the same coat two or three times. It's a funny old world, isn't it?

I post this with a heavy heart but I cannot, as a British citizen and practising member of the Church of England, continue suppprting the Church and the Monarchy under the auspicies of Prince Charles and "that woman". I hope to still enjoy Royal news updates etc. on this forum but no longer have any interest in the Prince of Wales and the, excuse me while I laugh heartily, Duchess of Cornwall!

james said:
I post this with a heavy heart but I cannot, as a British citizen and practising member of the Church of England, continue suppprting the Church and the Monarchy under the auspicies of Prince Charles and "that woman". I hope to still enjoy Royal news updates etc. on this forum but no longer have any interest in the Prince of Wales and the, excuse me while I laugh heartily, Duchess of Cornwall!

How sanctimonious of you, James!! :mad:

I thought that the church practiced forgiveness?:confused: . Obviously its lessons have not got through to you. :mad:

I don't think the monarchy and the church should continue to be one unit. Charles obviously hasn't lived by the church's law and I don't think he should be supreme governor over it. Aside from that, separation of church and state in modern Britain is impossible while the monarch remains head of the church. That doesn't mean, however, that Charles and Camilla should not be forgiven. They love each other, and, if they realize, recognize, and repent for the fact that they committed adultery, then they're worthy of forgiveness.

Oh James I feel your pain. In fact I wasn't even going to visit this thread until I saw that you posted here. I think it is very important to look to the future-to support a long reign for QEII and for when William is king.

Anyway I think what james is feeling is that PCharles and his girl have severely compromised what the monarchy-and, cough, the future head of the Church of England-is supposed to be about. Sure all may seem well with PCHarles finally getting the love of his life, but one has to remember that alot of stuff happened that just was not supposed to happen. camilla should have never been in the position that she is in. It is not right b/c the end justified the means. I believe this whole thing is a disgrace and a very dark period for the BRF. Yes one is supposed to forgive, but that does not mean accepting something that is not right. Sure it is ok for them to be married. But it is not ok for her to get all these rewards. I don't care what it would have taken for her not to receive the titles and status. They should have done it. It seems as if it has all been about convenience for these two.

james said:

I am not being malicious but please respect my adherance to the teachings of the Church of England even if the Prince of Wales no longer does. Unfortunatley for some the Church is not a "free for all" where one can do as one likes, say " I'm sorry", and then carry on. The Prince and his mistress had no qualms about making holy vows to other people and then sleeping with each other. The Church the Prince of Wales hopes to head one day dosn't acknowledge divorce and thus I, like millions of Anglicans, am at a loss to see how the Archbishop of Canterbury could bless the union when Camilla's ex-husband a.k.a. Andrew Parker-Bowles still lives. This is not a matter of forgiveness or of percieved spitefulness but of legitimate concern to Anglicans around the Globe. I, for one, feel very confused, let down and angry about the current situation and, as a result, no longer feel able to support the British Monarchy as things stand.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james

james said:
I am not being malicious but please respect my adherance to the teachings of the Church of England even if the Prince of Wales no longer does. Unfortunatley for some the Church is not a "free for all" where one can do as one likes, say " I'm sorry", and then carry on. The Prince and his mistress had no qualms about making holy vows to other people and then sleeping with each other. The Church the Prince of Wales hopes to head one day dosn't acknowledge divorce and thus I, like millions of Anglicans, am at a loss to see how the Archbishop of Canterbury could bless the union when Camilla's ex-husband a.k.a. Andrew Parker-Bowles still lives. This is not a matter of forgiveness or of percieved spitefulness but of legitimate concern to Anglicans around the Globe. I, for one, feel very confused, let down and angry about the current situation and, as a result, no longer feel able to support the British Monarchy as things stand.

i couldn't agree more with u!!! i support what u say....:D :D :D :D

my thoughts exactly:

wymanda said:

I thought that the church practiced forgiveness?:confused: . Obviously its lessons have not got through to you. :mad:

wymanda said:

Really! If the church practices forgiveness, there is no sinner to begin with. And on the premise all is forgotten and forgiven, then we don't even need churches. It's not religion for me, it's human consciousness, and what's right/wrong. Some memories do live longer than others.

wymanda said:

Really! I got the message pretty well, I thought it's church that put restrictions on forgiveness, in this case, someone's forgiveness is easier to obtain than others. Namely even money and power buy forgiveness more than a plain layman's. You think that big guy who gave Charles blessing would be giving blessing to an ordinary adulterous groom and bride. Take a hike.

from an interview with penny junor:

If you look back over the Kings and Queens of England, they`ve hardly been a straightlaced bunch! Why is it that we expect the Royal Family today to behave as paragons of virtue?
'That`s absolutely true. The hypocrisy really takes your breath away, because the rest of us are less moral, probably, than we have been for centuries, and yet we expect our Royal Family suddenly to be paragons of virtue. It`s terrible hypocrisy. Why? I simply don`t know. Again I think it`s the media. I think Kings and Queens of old could behave as they chose and very few people really knew about it. There was no instant communication, it wasn`t whizzed around the world in seconds in glorious technicolour. I think that`s probably what`s changed things.'

lori said:
Really! I got the message pretty well, I thought it's church that put restrictions on forgiveness, in this case, someone's forgiveness is easier to obtain than others. Namely even money and power buy forgiveness more than a plain layman's. You think that big guy who gave Charles blessing would be giving blessing to an ordinary adulterous groom and bride. Take a hike.

This penny dude is crap. You don't compare historical figure from today's politics. The kings and queens of the HISTORY had absolute power to do whatever they wanted to without being subject to anyone's standard. Today's constitutional monarch has to answer to people. Why indeed that we expect the Royal Family today to behave as paragons of virtue? Simply because we can. Prerogative, yes, and for a change. And for your information, the rest of us are not less moral, your hearing more incidents do not mean less had been done in the past.

How loyal?

james said:
I, for one, feel very confused, let down and angry about the current situation and, as a result, no longer feel able to support the British Monarchy as things stand.

The Monarchy is an institution, not a person. Those of us who give or feel loyalty to the Crown will continue to do so.

Prince Charles and Camilla attend Sunday Service today,the first photo from Getty:

Attachments

• 52641453.jpg
    52641453.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 242
Reina said:
I don't care what it would have taken for her not to receive the titles and status. They should have done it. Anyway...I am just thankful to the Founding Fathers...

I don't know how many times it has been stated in these forums, but I suppose it needs to be repeated, yet again:

Under British common law a woman takes the name and titles of her husband.
That's pretty simple and straightforward.

To deny Camilla the titles of her husband would require special legislation. So the "they" in the above quote means the government, or more particularly the British Parliament.

I am unsure of the relevance the Founding Fathers of the USA have with the marriage of a British couple in 2005.

lori said:

My understanding is that the service of blessing & prayers of penitance are available to ALL divorcees who remarry. It wasn't something that was thrown together to make Charles look good with the public. The Archbishop acted as his own consience told him he should. Had he wished to be "bought" Charles & Camilla would have had the full blown church wedding. :eek:

GrandDuchess said:
Great news! I will be looking forward to these commemorations, it seems like they are planning a very nice and dignified way (the schedule for the anniversary) to mark this day.
So i think maybe this year the Duchess of Cornwall will attend Trooping the Colour too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom