The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Gentry

Yes, but now it seems like he will be doing much more, especially on an international level. The Queen is getting up there in age, it makes sense for her not to want to do too much strenuous work.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

The first ribbon is cut - She's on her way! Best Wishes to the Duchess of Cornwall

Camilla's first engagement as a fully fledged Royal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	125515   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	125516   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc4.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	125517   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc5.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	125518  

Name:	cc6.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	125519   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc7.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	125520  

Old 04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Camilla's first engagement as a fully fledged Royal.
Lovely lovely! It's great to finally see them side by side at official things as a married couple and nothing else! :) I'm sure they will be a great working couple, I wish them all the luck. One thing though - perhaps the Duchess should consider doing something with her hair?

Oh, and love your avatar wymanda!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for photos,wymanda.It's so lovely to see TRH on their first engagement as the married couple.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

Is this the only outfit the Duchess packed? Isn't it the same one she was wearing when she arrived in Scotland and the same one she wore to church last Sunday?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think this is more red and the other was more fuschia.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

Hm, I don't think so...I think it's just the photos. What does everyone else think? I know the Duchess is no clothes horse, but it would seem odd to wear one outfit publicly three times in a week.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Commoner

You're right, it is the same outfit. I, too, was surprised to see it on her again. It's not a regular coat like you and I would wear on an everyday basis; it's a coat-dress.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

Quote:
Newlyweds in first royal engagement
(Filed: 14/04/2005) The Prince of Wales and his new wife the Duchess of Cornwall have taken time out from their honeymoon to attend their first royal engagement since getting married.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of CornwallThe royal couple, who are known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, were met with cheering crowds as they arrived to open a play park at MonaTRFie Park in Ballater, Aberdeenshire.

Camilla, who was wearing a pink coat with Rothesay tartan trim and shawl which she had already worn on her two previous public appearances this week in Scotland, and Charles, wearing traditional Highland dress with Balmoral tartan, were welcomed by hundreds of members of the public, including some of the 120 children from the local primary school.

The couple have been honeymooning at Birkhall on the Balmoral estate since their wedding last Saturday.

Camilla's coat, created by designer Roy Allen, was first seen at Aberdeen Airport when the couple arrived at the start of their honeymoon, and she wore it again at Crathie Church the following day.

The couple were met by sisters Kerry and Gemma Sinclair, who presented Camilla with a bouquet of white roses and freesias, and gave the Prince a card congratulating him on his wedding.

Camilla, with Charles at her side, then cut a tartan ribbon to officially open the play park, using a pair of gold-plated scissors ordered for the occasion from a London jeweller.

The royal couple stopped and talked with members of local fundraising group the Charitable Chiels, who raised 25,000 towards the 43,000 play park.

They also spoke to some of the children from the local primary school, who rushed into the park to play as the Duchess cut the ribbon.

Charles joked with the youngsters who were sitting in a swinging basket, asking them, "How high does it go?"

Charles and Camilla also met local dignitaries including Lord Lieutenant of Aberdeenshire Angus Farquharson.

Just before they left, some wellwishers began an impromptu performance of the Cliff Richard song Congratulations and a rendition of For They Are Jolly Good Fellows, which led to smiles and waves from the royal couple.

Alexander Smith

Old 04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its very unroyal of her to wear the same thing twice in one week!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Its very unroyal of her to wear the same thing twice in one week!
Well, at least of all the things Camilla is and will be accused of, the one thing she can't be accused of is being a clothes horse or that now that she's married Charles she's spending like mad on her wardrobe!

Like with any of the princesses, while I do appreciate that they recycle their clothes, I don't care for it when they repeat their outfits too close together. I wonder though, in this particular case, as it is still Camilla and Charle's honeymoon, if she simply didn't pack very much in the way of a working wardrobe as they were supposed to be on holiday. I would think that this is an event that would've been planned so certainly not unexpected so that Camilla could've prepared a new outfit but it's still a possibility.

I don't think it's unroyal to repeat your clothes, either. Camilla's own mother-in-law, the Queen repeats her clothes quite often, as do Letizia and Victoria. Camilla shouldn't be judged by a different rule.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

When I was watching the wedding last weekend I heard a few of the reporters mention that Camilla doesnt want to have a very active royal role, that she'd prefer to remain behind the scenes and let her husband do most of the work.
But I was thinking that she may not have a choice in this matter, especially if the Queen wants Charles and Camilla to take on more of her own duties, international visits in particular.
But I suppose Camilla wont mind going on overseas trips as much. I think she's more nervous appearing at public events at home. Well, so far.
Im sure she'll get more comfortable in her role as time goes on.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the Royal diary,i do not see any engagements of the Duches yet,just this visit to the park.Maybe she just became a Royal o they should have time toarrange the engagements.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

abacausa

The Duchess of Cornwall during an opening of a new play park in Aberdeen, Scotland on April 14, 2005. It was the first official duty for the honeymooning couple

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=18406
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	338389.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	125859   Click image for larger version

Name:	338390.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	125860   Click image for larger version

Name:	338392.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	125861   Click image for larger version

Name:	338394.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	125862  

Name:	338396.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	125863   Click image for larger version

Name:	338397.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	125864  

Alexander Smith

Old 04-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I have to say, Charles looks so happy and relaxed with her.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Serene Highness

Regarding the complaints of Camilla wearing the same outfit twice: is that her COAT or an actual dress?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Serene Highness

Polfoto 14-04-2005 Britain's Prince Charles, right, and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall shelter under umbrellas as they open a new play park in Ballater,Scotland Thursday April 14, 2005 . It was the first official duty for the honeymooning couple since their wedding last Saturday. (AP Photo/David Cheskin, Pool)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	125927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	125928   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	125929   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	125930  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	125931   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	125932   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	125933   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	125934  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	125935  
Old 04-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much for photos.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Nobility

gosh. the same coat in the very same week, that's definately a record. As a commoner, even I would not be caught dead in the same distinct coat three times in less than a week, much less if I was in the public spotlight.

I think that Camilla probably should have given the press a benefit of the doubt and realize that they would have noticed something if she was wearing the same coat continiously, esp. considering the fact that the spotlight is shining brightly on her, after getting married less than a week ago. :-P
Old 04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

of course she knew they would notice. she is sending a message, she does not give a d***, she will be able to change a bit but not too much, she is the way she is and that is the way things are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agisele
gosh. the same coat in the very same week, that's definately a record. As a commoner, even I would not be caught dead in the same distinct coat three times in less than a week, much less if I was in the public spotlight.

I think that Camilla probably should have given the press a benefit of the doubt and realize that they would have noticed something if she was wearing the same coat continiously, esp. considering the fact that the spotlight is shining brightly on her, after getting married less than a week ago. :-P

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales