The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Nichola's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 396
They both look so happy! I think they're doing a great job!
__________________

__________________
  #182  
Old 05-09-2005, 10:24 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Thanks lots GrandDuchess.
__________________

__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #183  
Old 05-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,194
Was this for VE day?
__________________
  #184  
Old 05-09-2005, 10:52 PM
trinny's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On the coast, Australia
Posts: 151
It must be so nice for Prince Charles to have Camilla with him now - not so lonely when doing formal engagements, they look so happy together! :)
__________________
  #185  
Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 PM
BeccaLynn07's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,237
I'm not sure if this is considered news but a rather interesting article about Camilla and James Hewitt....

Hewitt: Camilla's attractive

PRINCESS Diana's former lover James Hewitt has said Prince Charles's
new wife Camilla is "quite attractive".

Hewitt said of the Duchess of Cornwall: "There's a certain raw
appeal. She's county set, and I think that can be quite attractive,
yeah."

And Hewitt claimed in the magazine interview that Diana would have
wished Charles and Camilla luck in their marriage.

"She'd have said `Good luck to them'," he told Zoo magazine.

"She would have recognised the pressure and press interest because
she was so used to unfair press coverage."

Asked about his relationship with the late princess, he said: "The
situation that Princess Diana and I were in made it exciting and
sexy because it was risky.

"The danger spiced it up a bit, if you know what I mean."

Hewitt, who appeared in Channel 4's The Games and is now appearing
in the ITV1 show Celebrity Wrestling, had a five-year affair with
Diana.

Six years ago he published a book about his romantic liaison with
the princess and his experiences in the 1991 Gulf War.

He was criticised for saying he would sell love letters she wrote to
him
during their affair in the 1990s.
__________________
  #186  
Old 05-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
At the peak of his career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
James Hewitt....
Hewitt, who appeared in Channel 4's The Games and is now appearing
in the ITV1 show Celebrity Wrestling, had a five-year affair with
Diana.
From a five year-affair with HRH The Princess of Wales... to an appearance on "Celebrity Wrestling."

I don't know if this reflects on Diana, or Hewitt, or both.
.
__________________
  #187  
Old 05-10-2005, 03:21 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
I think it would be kinder to leave diana out of it



Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
From a five year-affair with HRH The Princess of Wales... to an appearance on "Celebrity Wrestling."

I don't know if this reflects on Diana, or Hewitt, or both.
.
__________________
  #188  
Old 05-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
I think it would be kinder to leave Diana out of it
True, but some of her 'friends' have let her, and her memory, down badly.
__________________
  #189  
Old 05-10-2005, 04:03 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
I know, she could not know how he would turn out to be, his behaviour is not her responsibility and she is not here to defend herself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
True, but some of her 'friends' have let her, and her memory, down badly.
__________________
  #190  
Old 05-10-2005, 03:05 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
The Duchess will undertake her first solo engagement:
May 23rd:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the National Osteoporosis Society, will visit the Osteoporosis Centre and then open the MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre, Southampton General Hospital, University of Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #191  
Old 05-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,194
Good luck to her!
__________________
  #192  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:37 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,080
this is true?
Attached Images
 
__________________
  #193  
Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
this is true?
This is a notorious tabloid. I wouldn't put more than a penny's stock in it -- and even that is too much.

Camilla was probably demonstrating something and some photographer took the picture and the imaginative writers at the Globe built a story around it.
__________________
  #194  
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,876
oh my god... i agree with alexandria. don't know for certain if it's true or not, but it seems totally false...
do you think that if she done that charles would have fought so much to marry her?

that's just a silly tabloid.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #195  
Old 05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
I'm not sure if this is considered news but a rather interesting article about Camilla and James Hewitt....

Hewitt: Camilla's attractive

PRINCESS Diana's former lover James Hewitt has said Prince Charles's
new wife Camilla is "quite attractive".

Hewitt said of the Duchess of Cornwall: "There's a certain raw
appeal. She's county set, and I think that can be quite attractive,
yeah."

And Hewitt claimed in the magazine interview that Diana would have
wished Charles and Camilla luck in their marriage.

"She'd have said `Good luck to them'," he told Zoo magazine.

"She would have recognised the pressure and press interest because
she was so used to unfair press coverage."

Asked about his relationship with the late princess, he said: "The
situation that Princess Diana and I were in made it exciting and
sexy because it was risky.

"The danger spiced it up a bit, if you know what I mean."

Hewitt, who appeared in Channel 4's The Games and is now appearing
in the ITV1 show Celebrity Wrestling, had a five-year affair with
Diana.

Six years ago he published a book about his romantic liaison with
the princess and his experiences in the 1991 Gulf War.

He was criticised for saying he would sell love letters she wrote to
him
during their affair in the 1990s.
Camilla does looked attractive for her age now. She has cleaned up quite nicely since the engagement announcement. Certainly a far cry from in the words of one of her biographers "an old rag who looks like she hasn't had a wash in two weeks".
__________________
  #196  
Old 05-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
this is true?
She's clearly pointing at something or someone in this photograph. Yet it's been interpeted as her kicking Charles out???

First of all, if the relationship ends, it would not be Charles getting the heave ho. It would be Camilla. Clarence House is officially Charles's residence. If their marriage ends for whatever reason, Camilla would be the one who would have to leave the home, not Charles.

The Globe readers should really do some more research before writing any more of their fiction. Get at least one detail right even if the rest of the story is out and out false.
__________________
  #197  
Old 05-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Now this thread's on page 10 with nearly 200 posts, I think it's time for part 2. The new thread can be found here:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 2: May-June 2005
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]