The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
10878so.png

Arms of Diana, Princess of Wales

Welcome to the Late Diana, Princess of Wales
News Thread, Part 7

Commencing October 2007

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting the Princess of Wales was actually a good cook before marrying. I actually read in A Royal Duty that the Princess made very good pasta.

Her mother and father sent her to a three month cooking class after she finished school and moved to London.:flowers:

Well it seems like it paid off.

That is interesting! It seemed to me that none of them could cook. I had read "Dining with the Duchess" Sarah Ferguson's book and it seemed to me that she didn't cook at all, that all the recipes were created for her.

Don't they have anything else to publish then BS like this.

Ken Wharfe was interviewed on The Today Show this morning, about the inquest and whether the inquest would silence the conspiracy theorists (of course not), whether the paparazzi were responsible for the accident (no, in his opinion) and the problem with Prince William and Kate recently (the royals just need to let photographers take their photographs, he said). (I have to agree with Wharfe -- let them take as many pictures as they want and cease the cat and mouse games -- and that goes for Britney/Lohan et al. too.)

Ken Wharfe was interviewed on The Today Show this morning, about the inquest and whether the inquest would silence the conspiracy theorists (of course not), whether the paparazzi were responsible for the accident (no, in his opinion) and the problem with Prince William and Kate recently (the royals just need to let photographers take their photographs, he said). (I have to agree with Wharfe -- let them take as many pictures as they want and cease the cat and mouse games -- and that goes for Britney/Lohan et al. too.)

I would have liked to see that interview. I'm always interested in what Ken Wharfe has to say.

I agree about the photos; let them take them. I suspect (and I may be wrong of course) that if the royals stopped running, the paparazzi might stop chasing as much, or at least the same way. If they know you're just going to walk calmly to your car, smiling sweetly, or expressionless as the case may be, and won't bolt, and wont be pulling quirky faces as you rush to your car and clamber in then try to outrun them in a high speed getaway, you might not be as interesting to them. And I would think that less drama would be less stressful for the subject, too.

I agree, Roslyn. Stand there for 10 minutes and let them get the pictures, then go about your business. It seems that that would be less stressful than all the hiding, pushing and shoving.

Daniel Radcliffe told recently how he had defeated the photogs. While he was in Equus, he discovered that the photographers lost interest (because they couldn't get paid enough for their photos) if he wore the same thing to work every night. (Not that I'm advocating that "the kids" wear the same clothes every time they go out!)

Such a true gentlemen I wish the Princess had married him Hasnat was so better then Dodi.

And they imaginative viewers would like to see on television by 2012:
Prince William marrying Kate Middleton

Last edited:
Goodness, what a huge poll, almost 2000 people. :lol:
The whole world didn't watch either event, half of Britain did not even watch the funeral. As the poll was only 'almost' 2000 people, it would be hard to jump to such a conclusion.

Well actually Skydragon, 2.5 billion watched the funeral on TV ...

But this figure is dwarfed by a single live broadcast which got an estimated 2.5 billion viewers in 1997 - the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales.

link : BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | TV's world record breakers

An estimated 2.5 billion watched the funeral on television -- about half the people on earth. Over a million in person watched the procession of the funeral cortege, or the journey to her private burial.

link : Princess Diana's Funeral

IMO I don't think Diana would've married him she was much in love with Hasnat.

Well actually Skydragon, 2.5 billion watched the funeral on TV ...
Definitely not the whole world then! :rolleyes: And only an estimated 31 million in the UK, that figure I understand, is based on the TV's that were receiving a signal at the time and does not allow for people watching a video.

Last edited:
Does it really matter Skydragon, it is still a memorable event.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading the article about the Princess being the epitome of girl power. :)

Anyway people, my post wasn't aimed to prove anything, just to find some stats. Those numbers were 'estimated' so they aren't undeniable truth but we can still say it makes alot of viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom