The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Khan's type of love was the knight in shining armor type. My guess is that his work with heart patients on death's door was so stressful that he didn't want a type of relationship with a 'damsel in distress' that he had to defend from her detractors all the time. --SNIPPED-- But I'm not impressed with his comment about the fountain. It is I agree not in keeping with his dignified silence of before and is totally unnecessary.
I meant the news that he had moved himself back to Pakistan to avoid having to refuse to testify at the inquest. :flowers:

Strange that he chose to speak to the Mail, I wonder if he has been paid for this non revelatory article.

I always thought of that fountain as a couple drainage ditches, and if the Windsors had any influence in its selection, then you have to hand it to them for their sense of humor. :D
The decision to spend the money from the Diana Fund had nothing to do with the Windsors, it was decided by a committee that included such notable people as Burrell, Monkton, Spencer & of course her sister, all of whom believed it is exactly what she would have wanted.

I'm not sure if they meant the fountain or the controversy. :lol:

I meant the news that he had moved himself back to Pakistan to avoid having to refuse to testify at the inquest. :flowers:
I think his reason may be quite simple: he does not want to have to testify against someone he once cared about. He already knows that Diana was flawed, that's why he did not stay with her. Whose purpose would his testifying serve? I respect him for at least showing the woman some sympathy, but he's exaggerating with the QV comparison, of course.

Strange that he chose to speak to the Mail, I wonder if he has been paid for this non revelatory article.
Your guess is as good as mine there.:)

I think his reason may be quite simple: he does not want to have to testify against someone he once cared about. He already knows that Diana was flawed, that's why he did not stay with her. Whose purpose would his testifying serve? I respect him for at least showing the woman some sympathy, but he's exaggerating with the QV comparison, of course.

If he just intended to show "some" sympathy, why he would have to do that by "exaggerating" with the QV comparison. If he thought Diana was more flawed than good, why he would have said so many good words for her. That is not logical. If in my mind I just have "some" sympathy to one person, I would not "exaggerate" the compliment to that person. If I have to testify against one person under the law, I would not talk to a newspaper, saying how wonderful that person was. I would just shut up and say nothing.

If he just intended to show "some" sympathy, why he would have to do that by "exaggerating" with the QV comparison. If he thought Diana was more flawed than good, why he would have said so many good words for her. That is not logical. If in my mind I just have "some" sympathy to one person, I would not "exaggerate" the compliment to that person. If I have to testify against one person under the law, I would not talk to a newspaper, saying how wonderful that person was.
That's one way of looking at it and perhaps you're right, but I just tried to understand where he could be coming from, which is why I used the word "may".

I would just shut up and say nothing.
I agree with you. I'm left only to guess, so you're right again my thinking is not logical.

........................ all of whom believed it is exactly what she would have wanted.

I'm not sure if they meant the fountain or the controversy. :lol:

Touché! No wonder poor Diana was paranoid. Her closest and dearest gave her a controversial drainage ditch as a memorial, believing it to be exactly what she would have wanted.

..........Burrell, Monkton, Spencer & of course her sister...........
Well, I think Burrell was probably no real friend, and neither was the plant Monkton. Spencer who? And her sister -- McQ? I got the impression none of Diana's family were her friends -- if they were, she would have never married Charles.

'Princess Diana preferred men with back hair,' says former police chief | the Daily Mail

'Princess Diana preferred men with back hair,' says former police chief

Does anyone but me see how this article by the Lord Stevens makes a total farce out of the entire 3 year / $10 million Paget Report? Either that or Lord Stevens had one too many gin and tonics when he called the Daily Mail!

"A friend, Adrian, has filed a complaint with the Press Complaints Commission, which I'm posting here with his permission."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to the Mail on Sunday article, I have now submitted the
following complaint to the UK's Press Complaints Commission:

##

I wish to complain about this article on the following basis:

1. There is no evidence of accuracy for this report. It has been
ascertained, many years ago, that Diana found men with hairy backs
unattractive.

2. The Mail on Sunday has published an article which distorts the
public perception of a popular national identity - Diana, Princess of
Wales.

3. The article shows conjecture, not fact. There is no defined source
for these allegations, and no attributable citations.

4. By also noting that the men with whom it is known Diana shared
affecionate relationships do not have hairy backs, the newspaper has
strongly implied that Diana has engaged in a more promiscuous sex
life than is currently public knowledge, thus damaging her reputation.

5. It also implies that Diana had a sexual fetish not part of any
knowledge and this claim is damaging to her reputation.

6. By also printing a photograph of an excessively hairy back
alongside a library image of Diana, Princess of Wales, they have
attempted to build a misleading psychological connection between the
two unrelated images.

7. Even if this story were accurate, the assertions printed are an
intrusion into Diana's privacy and, if she were alive, she would have
grounds to complain.

8. Many members of the public are still grieving for a huge public
identity, especially in light of harrowing evidence heard at the
inquest into her death. One must assume that the inquest is also
difficult for her sons, Princes William and Harry. Therefore, this
article intrudes on grief by defaming the deceased in the most
disrespectful manner.

9. This story is not in the public interest. It is a tasteless and
false intrusion into the life of a national and global figure who is
now deceased and unable to defend themselves.

10. Most newspapers have, since 1997, curtailed writing obscene
stories about Diana, Princess of Wales. I believe that the Mail on
Sunday must be made an example of in this instance to prevent a harsh
precendent in defamation of national, deceased figures.

11. Resolution: I suggest that the Mail on Sunday apologise for the
story, acknowledge the offence caused to the public as evidenced in
the paper's own website comments and donate suitable sums to Diana's
charities at the time of her death: Centrepoint, Royal Marsden and
Great Ormond Street Hospitals, Leprosy Mission, National AIDS Trust
and the English National Ballet. In addition, I suggest that the
Landmine Survivors Network should also be a beneficiary of reprimand
for this rather grotesque "story".
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Well, I think Burrell was probably no real friend, and neither was the plant Monkton. Spencer who? And her sister -- McQ? I got the impression none of Diana's family were her friends -- if they were, she would have never married Charles.
I'm sorry, Charles Spencer & Sarah McCorquodale, from what I recall another of the culprits was Vivienne Parry. The final choice between two designs, was taken by Tessa Jowell, the minister for culture at the time! :eek:

'Diana Chronicles' author Tina Brown talks in Palm Beach on princess' car accident, paparazzi

"It's a great tragedy that a woman who achieved so much will be fixed in the public memory in that last moment of folly," Brown said.

-----------------------
It always amuses me when these so-called journalists have to have the last word on Diana and all they reveal is their own megalomania. Fixed Folly -- the folly is fixed? Who is she trying to convince. Earth to Tina Brown, can you Hear Me?: That is not how most people remember Diana, sad to say.

'Diana Chronicles' author Tina Brown talks in Palm Beach on princess' car accident, paparazzi

"It's a great tragedy that a woman who achieved so much will be fixed in the public memory in that last moment of folly," Brown said.

-----------------------
It always amuses me when these so-called journalists have to have the last word on Diana and all they reveal is their own megalomania. Fixed Folly -- the folly is fixed? Who is she trying to convince. Earth to Tina Brown, can you Hear Me?: That is not how most people remember Diana, sad to say.

I don't think Princess Diana legacy will be fixed in the public memory as folly. I agree with you zhontella. I just want this inquest to be over and that Diana can rest in peace-it is over 10 years now that she has died and her family must not look at the news. If it makes her fans upset think about the princes.:flowers:

I don't think Princess Diana legacy will be fixed in the public memory as folly. I agree with you zhontella. I just want this inquest to be over and that Diana can rest in peace-it is over 10 years now that she has died and her family must not look at the news. If it makes her fans upset think about the princes.:flowers:

Speaking only for myself, my view of Diana will not be changed in any way by this inquest. I firmly believe the inquest is truly because Mohammed al Fayed refuses to accept that it is a tragic accident caused by a drunk driver.

I see the Princess as a human being now, with faults, but I still believe that down deep she was a good person with a huge heart that wanted to help people.

Paul Burrell's website is down for updates. I wonder if he will mention being at the inquest last week.:flowers:

........snipped..........I firmly believe the inquest is truly because Mohammed al Fayed refuses to accept that it is a tragic accident caused by a drunk driver..........snipped.........

Yes I agree with your views on the inquest and sadly Al-Fayed will STILL not let it go if (predictably) an "accidental death "verdict is returned

Yes I agree with your views on the inquest and sadly Al-Fayed will STILL not let it go if (predictably) an "accidental death "verdict is returned

I hope for Mr. al Fayed's well being that he can let go if the verdict is an accident. What else can he do? He is a sad character. I believe this tragic lose of son has made him emotionally and mentally sick and probably taken a toll on his marriage. Losing children tragically sometimes hurts the family.:flowers:

I hope for Mr. al Fayed's well being that he can let go if the verdict is an accident. What else can he do? He is a sad character. I believe this tragic lose of son has made him emotionally and mentally sick and probably taken a toll on his marriage. Losing children tragically sometimes hurts the family.:flowers:

I hope so too, I think he is so stuck in the grief cycle that he can't move forward I hope for his sake he can accept the fact that he needs help, whatever form it might take, if he is unable to "let it go"

IMO, Mr Fayed seems to be his own worst enemy. He wanted a British passport so badly. He lavished on the BRF members, through sponsorships of polo matches and courting the Spencers. It backfired when he got caught bribing members of parliament. He tried to engineer a union between his son and Diana. Then the car crash ended that dream. With all the accusations his team has advanced, no one has really investigated his role leading up to the crash. I have read claims that Dodi had gotten approval from Fayed himself about the "escape" plan that night. I just wonder if some of his drive now to pin the blame on the BRF has more to do with his own guilt. I've seen a few extensive interviews he's given before before and after the crash. He doesn't strike me as someone who would have owned up to his own shortcomings.

Unfortunately, it is possible that he will go on to appeal the verdict. He will probably cite that his representative was not allowed to call or question all the witnesses he wanted to. :bang:

I think it is tragic the way Diana died, and the way this Inquest carries on is really not a service to her; it is Al-Fayed's obsession to get back or even with the British Establishment. If it wasn't so annoying it would be mildly humoruous.
While no big fan of Diana, Princess of Wales, I will admit that she brought awareness to some good causes (land mine and AIDS, to name two) and she helped to give eating disorders some much needed attention. I think that it is only fitting that she be remembered for these things rather than this Inquest--regardless of what I thought about her decisions and her behavior--out of respect for her children this Inquest should end.

I think it is tragic the way Diana died, and the way this Inquest carries on is really not a service to her; it is Al-Fayed's obsession to get back or even with the British Establishment. If it wasn't so annoying it would be mildly humoruous.
While no big fan of Diana, Princess of Wales, I will admit that she brought awareness to some good causes (land mine and AIDS, to name two) and she helped to give eating disorders some much needed attention. I think that it is only fitting that she be remembered for these things rather than this Inquest--regardless of what I thought about her decisions and her behavior--out of respect for her children this Inquest should end.

Under British law this inquest must be held. It's just sad that her private life (regardless of how much she wanted 'public" by way of alerting the Press) is being held up for inspection

That's really nice saying, jcabcode.

About the eating disorders, I think she not only helped to give it needed attention, but also did a little more help.
BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | The day Diana called me

That's really nice saying, jcabcode.

About the eating disorders, I think she not only helped to give it needed attention, but also did a little more help.
BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | The day Diana called me

Thanks for posting the link :flowers:. That's a great experience and it shows once again that Diana didn't do everything in order to bring attention only on herself. She really was a caring person.

Thanks for posting the link :flowers:. That's a great experience and it shows once again that Diana didn't do everything in order to bring attention only on herself. She really was a caring person.

:flowers: This link is just next to the bbc article you posted. So maybe you should also thank yourself.

About the craving attention stuff. From the bbc graph, just compare the number from the last ten year to that of 1996, do anyone believe that Diana need to do anything herself to get the attention?

:flowers: This link is just next to the bbc article you posted. So maybe you should also thank yourself.

About the craving attention stuff. From the bbc graph, just compare the number from the last ten year to that of 1996, do anyone believe that Diana need to do anything herself to get the attention?

Well once you're dead, there's very few you can do to keep monopolizing attention. That's really incredible with Diana because it's not only about the money you may have got from a picture but more about the pride you can get by saying : "I shook the hand of Princess Diana" or "I saw her walking next to me in the street". And if Diana had such 'success' in the world, it's because people wanted it. If they didn't give a damn about her she would be already forgotten or wouldn't have been noticed at all in her lifetime.

Another BS ! When are they going to stop ... :sick::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom