The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he has the freedom of expression to do it so there's no daring about it. He can express himself as he chooses, whether that's tasteful or not is up to the locked minds of a backward society.

Well he has the freedom of expression to do it so there's no daring about it. He can express himself as he chooses, whether that's tasteful or not is up to the locked minds of a backward society.

So you respect that someone treats a person of "assassin" ? From the moment you make a judgement like that, it's not freedom of expression, it's condemnation.

It's not my place to judge or censor someone else's self-expression. If the individuals themselves want to sue or kick up a stink then that's their affair but until they do, it remains what it is - expressionism. I didn't say I respect it or like it, I just recognise the right the guy has to do what he's done.

No there isn't. This person must have alot of time on their hands.

This "artist" is really just in it for the shock value; look at his other exploits. I cannot believe he would plan something so grossly insensitive! What a "interesting" person he must be.....

The writer of the article spelled Wales wrong.

How strange -
(from The Enquirer article)
struck by a picture of Diana wearing her crown. Gyo thought, 'That's perfect. Here we have the crown of the building, and the nickname for the city is Queen City.
Did it pass him by that Diana was never a queen? :rolleyes:

He probably ment tiara but its lovely that she inspired an architect to construct a crown on a building in Queen city. :)

My god, this man is sick ! I never liked the idea of having in possession a lock of someone who died ; it sounds too weird for me.
Ahhh, but we English are weird. :flowers:

MOURNING JEWELLERY Mourning or memorial jewellery has been worn since the middle ages and became popular in the 15th and 16th century in England.

The deceased name age and date of birth and death were written around the shank of the ring.A loved ones hair was plaited and set under the crystal or glass on the back of a brooch or ribbon slide.At the end of the 18th century rings and brooches depicted funereal urns and ivory plaques in blue black or white enamel set with diamonds ,pastes ,pearls etc.During and after the Regency period, chains ,rings, pendants and brooches were made from finely plaited hair from the head of the deceased.

Mourning Jewellery

The idea is to 'keep them close to you'. :flowers:

Lol, I'm not against that idea but the thing is that this guy didn't know Diana so keeping her close by having a lock of her hair is more likely to be fanaticism :D. I also heard that when Irish (I think that's irish but not sure) people bury someone, they put some locks of family members and friends in the coffin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasnat Khan on Diana's memorial drainage ditches...

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | the Daily Mail

Excerpt: "He says he has been upset by many of the criticisms levelled at the woman he once loved, and believes the memorial fountain was a poor way to commemorate the life of someone who had such a great impact on so many. "My feelings are that creating a fountain is not at all near how you can remember a great person. You put great people up as high as possible. Look at Nelson. Look at Queen Victoria," he says.
"I know a committee decided it but that little fountain doesn't do her any justice.......................historically great humans aren't remembered like that."

"I think she did great work for the country and for people all over the world – not just in the UK but everywhere. I think that is important."

I think it was the right time for him to speak. The years following her death were completely invaded by tell-all books, breaking revelations ; I can't remember a year when one single book related to Diana wasn't published. 2007 has been mostly in the mood of respect (except perhaps The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown). The silence of Mr. Khan is truly amazing. Many people would have spoken under these circumstances and these terrible gossips which were sometimes impossible to cope with. I have great respect for this man as well as for Mr. Gilbey who never talked either.

believes the memorial fountain was a poor way to commemorate the life of someone who had such a great impact on so many. "My feelings are that creating a fountain is not at all near how you can remember a great person. You put great people up as high as possible. Look at Nelson. Look at Queen Victoria," he says.
Although I don't think the drainage ditch/water trough is at all appropriate for Diana, to compare her to Nelson or Queen Victoria, is rather silly.

If he thought so much of her, why did he drop her? By hiding in Pakistan, he is showing himself to be a coward, even in her death, unwilling to stand up for the woman he says he loved! :bang:

Although I don't think the drainage ditch/water trough is at all appropriate for Diana, to compare her to Nelson or Queen Victoria, is rather silly.

If he thought so much of her, why did he drop her? By hiding in Pakistan, he is showing himself to be a coward, even in her death, unwilling to stand up for the woman he says he loved! :bang:

As much as I respect him for his silence, I don't understand either why he left. I agree that it's difficult to go through a tragic story again but it's rather easy to say he loved her after he ditched her in such a way. Let's be honest, even if Diana made him jealous because of her "love story" with Dodi he would never have come back to her.

I don't think Khan's type of love was the knight in shining armor type. My guess is that his work with heart patients on death's door was so stressful that he didn't want a type of relationship with a 'damsel in distress' that he had to defend from her detractors all the time.

That does not mean that he did not care for Diana deeply. It's possible that he did care for her good qualities but that for his own self-preservation he decided to keep himself distant from the more troubling aspects of her life.

In my opinion, that is a healthy attitude to have and if Diana had had more people like that around, she may have been more motivated to curb some of her more destructive tendencies.

But I'm not impressed with his comment about the fountain. It is I agree not in keeping with his dignified silence of before and is totally unnecessary.

Last edited:
But I'm not impressed with his comment about the fountain. It is I agree not in keeping with his dignified silence of before and is totally unnecessary.

I always thought of that fountain as a couple drainage ditches, and if the Windsors had any influence in its selection, then you have to hand it to them for their sense of humor. :D

By hiding in Pakistan, he is showing himself to be a coward, even in her death, unwilling to stand up for the woman he says he loved! :bang:
If he wanted to hide in Pakistan, he would have moved there sooner than to wait almost 10 years after Diana died before moving there. Plus his parents are getting elderly -- why wouldn't he want to live nearer to them? It's his home base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom