The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe it. It makes perfect sense that she really loved him ; otherwise why would she have battled so much to get him ?

How very true but also very sad, Charles didn't deserve her love.

But I think it's more complicated than that. For Diana, like every people who marries, it was an obvious fact that Charles would stop having more than friend relationships with Camilla or other women. And he did for a while but when you realised that the woman you've married isn't THE one, it's impossible to go backwards without hurting anyone. There's no doubt Charles suffered from seeing his wife entering in a self-destruction phase because of his 'mistake' (so to speak). And I'm sure he loved her, in his own way.

Last edited:

But does one need to "deserve" love? Love is about give and take and has two sides if it should work out. If Diana really felt that Charles was her real love she should have behaved better towards him and not started that War of the Waleses. It really has a somewhat psychotic aspect to it when she really believed that after what she had done to him. I bet all those fanatcs who deem themselves in love with a celeb would sign as well that this person was the love of their life but deserved all the celeb got from them because their love wasn't properly returned...

How could she behave better towards him while he was sleeping with another woman?

But does one need to "deserve" love? Love is about give and take and has two sides if it should work out. If Diana really felt that Charles was her real love she should have behaved better towards him and not started that War of the Waleses. It really has a somewhat psychotic aspect to it when she really believed that after what she had done to him.
It makes you wonder about her 'true love' Hewitt (Panorama interview - I really loved him) and Khan (according to friends her 'true love'). I always feel that if you 'really' love someone, you would not want to cause them any hurt, if it is in your power to avoid it.
This is something someone said to me many years ago, (Probably over an ex boyfriend :)lol:) -

If you love something, let it go,
If it comes back to you it is yours,
If it doesn't it never was.
:flowers:

Princess Diana was not serious about her relationship with Dodi Al Fayed, because she was still in love with Prince Charles, a top confidante has revealed.

'Prince Charles remained Diana's one true love,' says confidante - Yahoo! India News
It seems to me that that might be just an excuse. I've been in that position before. Men can't really believe that a woman would just "use" them and be gone. There has to be some other reason, and voila! She plays the "I'm still in love with Charles" card which actually trumps her two "problems": Public sympathy for the jilted wife, and gets you out of a "relationship" that really wasn't a relationship to begin with.
This way she can save face and not have to say "Dodi, you were fun, but you're not marriage material."

It seems to me that that might be just an excuse. I've been in that position before. Men can't really believe that a woman would just "use" them and be gone. There has to be some other reason, and voila! She plays the "I'm still in love with Charles" card which actually trumps her two "problems": Public sympathy for the jilted wife, and gets you out of a "relationship" that really wasn't a relationship to begin with.
This way she can save face and not have to say "Dodi, you were fun, but you're not marriage material."

Did Diana ever publicly say that she still loved Charles no she didn't. She told her friend ten years ago who has now told everyone of Diana's feelings towards Charles.

Did Diana ever publicly say that she still loved Charles no she didn't. She told her friend ten years ago who has now told everyone of Diana's feelings towards Charles.
Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But if true, IMO it's a nice, convenient excuse to get ride of somebody you don't want to date anymore.

I'm trying to track down a mesage I saw some time ago (sorry to be vague!) which included links(?) to a picture of Diana & Sara Duchess of York seated at a tea table. Someone later pointed out that this had in fact been altered and the original was of Diana at an official engagement sitting with someone else entirely. Was it somewhere on this board I saw that? Anyone able to provide any directions for me please? The picture has surfaced again elsewhere and I'd like to track the original to be able to illustrate the changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to track down a mesage I saw some time ago (sorry to be vague!) which included links(?) to a picture of Diana & Sara Duchess of York seated at a tea table. Someone later pointed out that this had in fact been altered and the original was of Diana at an official engagement sitting with someone else entirely. Was it somewhere on this board I saw that? Anyone able to provide any directions for me please? The picture has surfaced again elsewhere and I'd like to track the original to be able to illustrate the changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's OK - I found it. Diana was having lunch with Queen Fabiola in Brussels (October 1993)

Lucia was a great mother figure to Diana. She knew her very well and I believe Diana would have wanted to be buried with her Spencer family and not all by herself. She was lonely in life and now in death.:angel:.

Who would be stupid enough to buy that wrapping paper, and who would be stupid enough to open a gift wrapped in it!

Really poor taste and humour ...

Really poor taste and humour ...

Oh I don't think so. I found it quite amusing especially;

"Aww, bless 'er! She never stopped digging them landmines up. She did it with 'er bare 'ands, y'know!"

Which is exactly what the Daily Express print as serious sources so it's exactly what the website is founded on - spoof. Very funny.

Oh I don't think so. I found it quite amusing especially;

Yes but I wouldn't like people to laugh about that if it concerned my mother.

Thank you sirhon11234 for posting that wonderful story. Truly a wonderful account that continues to confirm the specialness of Diana!

And they keep on saying that she deliberately courts media attention!

Thank you sirhon11234 for posting that wonderful story. Truly a wonderful account that continues to confirm the specialness of Diana!

And they keep on saying that she deliberately courts media attention!

Your welcome Lossean I thought this article was more worthwile to read then that stupid spoof article.

Yes but I wouldn't like people to laugh about that if it concerned my mother.

Yes but she isn't your mother is she? So you can laugh. And I'm sure William and Harry would see the funny side too.

Yes but she isn't your mother is she? So you can laugh. And I'm sure William and Harry would see the funny side too.

Lol. I'm not saying you CAN'T laugh, just that it's a strange taste of humour and definitely not mine.

That article was so delightful the Princess enjoyed meeting those lifesavers.

And the article about stars we'd like to come back to us was touching.

Diana's bridesmaid Catherine Cameron to marry

The engagement was announced 12 Nov 2007 between Henry Peter Trotter (b 27 March 1972) 1st son of Maj. Alexander Richard Trotter of Mortonhall (b 20 Feb 1939), 14th of Mortonhall, Midlothian, and 5th of Charterhall, Berwickshire of Duns, Berwickshire, by his wife, the former Julia Hanrietta Greenwell (b 2 Feb 1946), scion of the Greenwell Baronets, & Catherine Mary Cameron (b 1 March 1975), Bridesmaid to Lady Diana Spencer at the Royal Wedding, 29 Jul 1981, dau of Donald Cameron of Lochiel, 27th Chief of Clan Cameron, Lord Lieutenant of Inverness, by his wife the former Lady Cecil Nennella Therese Kerr (b 22 Apr 1948), daughter of the 12th Marquis of Lothian (1922-2004).

Daily Telegraph 12 Nov 2007

She was only 6 years old when she participated to the Royal Wedding.

Here's the picture (little girl sitting at the left) : http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3239...4400E855F92630465F03ACB277FE6A55A1E4F32AD3138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom