The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Confronted by the scourge of the blank page, George Michael is finding, as is his way, any number of distractions to keep him from getting down to the serious business of penning his much-vaunted memoirs

Did Princess Diana try to have an affair with George Michael? | the Daily Mail
Honestly, the Daily Mail has nothing else better to write then crap like this.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The Guardian about the Di-Express - quite amusing:

Tim Dowling: No more Maddy, no more Diana - what now for the Express? | Media | The Guardian

No more Maddy, no more Diana - what now for the Express?

Yesterday, the Daily Express was obliged to print a front-page apology after publishing scores of defamatory headlines about the parents of Madeleine McCann. Inside a small article noted that Mohammed Al Fayed had lost a legal bid to force the Queen and Prince Philip to give evidence to the Princess Diana inquest, which means the coroner's inquiry is now in its last days. In one week, the two main sources for Daily Express stories have dried up. If it can't implicate the McCanns or trumpet wild theories about Diana's death (DID PHILIP ORDER DIANA'S MURDER?, et al), what will the Express front page of the future look like? Here are some possible new directions:

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will "The Diana Chronicles" Hit the Stage?
Playbill News: Will "The Diana Chronicles" Hit the Stage?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

I admit, it sounds interesting, but I shall sum it up, in a word (unusual for me, I know)--the whole thing sounds: Tacky.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It does, I would hve preferred seeing a motion picture. But there is that rumour going around that Scarlett Johanson will play the Princess in a movie.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
It does, I would hve preferred seeing a motion picture. But there is that rumour going around that Scarlett Johanson will play the Princess in a movie.
A movie I could deal with--"The Queen" was well done, something along those lines. These made-for-tv movies just don't cut it when it comes to the Royals.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Majesty

There's something superficial and tawdry about made-for-tv movies about the Royals, yes. The characters are almost like caricatures rather than 3D people.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Losing Princess Diana: Where the guilt lies

Losing Princess Diana: Where the guilt lies - Telegraph

This was actually a good read.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Losing Princess Diana: Where the guilt lies - Telegraph

This was actually a good read.
Jephson was the chap who decided he could no longer work with her wasn't he. He says Diana only reacted when she saw herself as the victim but forgets to say that Diana frequently saw herself as 'the victim', whether she was or not.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Losing Princess Diana: Where the guilt lies - Telegraph This was actually a good read.
Yes this article was a good read sirhon. I always feel that night in Paris was tragic, but the guilt lies earlier in Diana, Princess of Wales short life.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Had Princess Diana lived . . .
Had Princess Diana lived . . . - World - Home - brisbanetimes.com.au

Another good read. :)
Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Yes this article was a good read sirhon. I always feel that night in Paris was tragic, but the guilt lies earlier in Diana, Princess of Wales short life.
Some quotes from Jephson's article:

Diana's divisive potential only asserted itself when she felt she was the victim of an injustice.
...the awkwardness of "the whole truth" is that it spreads responsibility for Diana's fate widely.

I wonder if we will ever reach the stage where Diana is treated as a mature adult wholly responsible for her own decisions and actions? Yet again, Jephson portrays her as a "victim" at the hands of, well, just about everyone with whom she was in close contact at some stage of her life.

Last quote:

But follow the trail of evidence and you may find that it leads to the steps of St Paul's Cathedral on a day of hope and sunshine in 1981.

Sort of stating the obvious. If she hadn't married who she did she would not have become cloaked in the mantle of the royal mystique and in all likelihood the world would never have been aware of her existence.

Diana's end was tragic, but as the Inquest has shown us, one that was entirely avoidable.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Yes sirhon another good article. Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Now how did I guess that this was an offering from Tina Brown, before I had read past the first lines? I have always thought the girl in the shown photo, looked very unhappy and embarrassed with this photo op.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Now how did I guess that this was an offering from Tina Brown, before I had read past the first lines? I have always thought the girl in the shown photo, looked very unhappy and embarrassed with this photo op.
How strange that this girl came back to see Princes William and Harry and celebrate the concert for Diana with her daughter if this experience had been so embarrassing for her.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
How strange that this girl came back to see Princes William and Harry and celebrate the concert for Diana with her daughter if this experience had been so embarrassing for her.
Why is it strange? They were probably brought over as a publicity stunt. It doesn't alter my view that she looked far from happy in the photo.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Diana's privately nurtured last project - which she hoped would be in partnership with a British TV company - was to produce documentaries, modelled on the much acclaimed BBC film of her trip to Angola that highlighted her landmine campaign. She had asked friends to seek out a media coach to help improve her broadcast skills so she could front the documentaries herself. She had already chosen the subject for her next campaign: adult illiteracy.
After reading the article I was happy to learn that the Princess had already chosen the role and path she would follow in life; while everyone else was wondering what her future role would be. It is truly a shame that Diana passed so young, IMO she was on her way in becoming one of the world's greatest humanitarians.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Why is it strange? They were probably brought over as a publicity stunt. It doesn't alter my view that she looked far from happy in the photo.
Yes, I agree that there are happier pictures with happier faces anyway. Frankly, I wouldn't have liked to be this girl. She's sitting in front of crazy paparazzi who don't even care about who she is. They only want to get a good picture and sell it.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 04-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
After reading the article I was happy to learn that the Princess had already chosen the role and path she would follow in life; while everyone else was wondering what her future role would be. It is truly a shame that Diana passed so young, IMO she was on her way in becoming one of the world's greatest humanitarians.

Yes sirhon, she would have done something great as a humanitarian for this world if she was given more time here on earth.

The girl in the photo looks sad. How would you look if you were deformed from a landmine? I don't think I would smile for a photo. In my opinion the girl not smilimg made the photo's reason even more telling to ban landmines.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
IMO she was on her way in becoming one of the world's greatest humanitarians.
Oh please, there are some things which really need to be placed in perspective. Making a hagiography of Diana's future-that-never-was is not only absurd by its over-statement but merely serves to diminish her real and concrete achievements.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana