The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hate to be naughty and sound like Sharon Stone yet it really sounds like Karma has found him.

Diana's interview and Michael Jackson's interview both "did them in" so to speak. So in some odd way, I suspected he might have had some bad luck rub off on him.

God bless him and may he find quick and adequate treatment. My second husband died of a brain tumor in 2000.

He'll get his come-uppance. Sooner or later, it's going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved his dedication, the first book was endearing, the cookery books were too chatty, the lecture series on land and sea was pushing it, the dinner plates and tea pots were tacky, the wine was silly, the furniture was way over the line and this jewelry is beyond good taste.

Sad thing is it is not over yet...more to come....

Mark my word the next item up for sale will either be loo papers with Di's crest or lingerie intended for luring back straying husbands.

The man is mad.

The ex-butler is bragging how he helped to design the flashy rocks, costing up to £1,700, based on Diana’s taste
What planet is this person on? Diana's taste was superior to anything he is trying to sell using her name.
At the Diana inquest in January, Burrell claimed the princess didn’t like the diamond and sapphire engagement ring given to her by Prince Charles. He said: “She felt it was a little too big and gaudy
.That's strange, he is the only one that doesn't remember that she picked it herself!:rolleyes:
Effy Signature Range
Perhaps he should have called it his 'Iffy' range.:lol:

The only people who will buy these are those attracted by the Diana connection and if they choose to put their dollars (or pounds) into Burrell's pocket then so be it.
It's the same argument as the paparazzi selling intrusive pics to the magazines...the public bought the magazines, the paps sold their pics for high prices, so who's responsible?
Supply and demand is the name of the game, and with his new line in Diana spin-offs Burrell, probably otherwise unemployable, is the supplier. Will people buy? Depressingly, yes.

Take a look at the pictures of the jewels, that's not something that Diana would have worn. It's tacky and tasteless.

It's tacky and tasteless.
Well yes, but that's beside the point. It's "Diana cachet" that Burrell is marketing here, and good taste doesn't come into it. If it did, he wouldn't be doing it.

Will people buy? Depressingly, yes.
Yes some people still believe that Burrell is a sterling character who holds Diana's closest secrets, that his only purpose now in life is to perpetuate her memory in his own selfless manner! :whistling::sick:

I think the guy should be given a break, look at what the establishment tried to do to him. They were ready to convict him, and look at how long it took the Queen to step in and stop it. They RUINED his life.

I don't agree with some of the things he has done since, but he did guard many of her closest secrets, the problem with tragedies like the death of Diana, is that the real person gets lost in the tales told after their death.

Yes, all true, but still Burrell need not be so tasteless in the items he selects for selling. Diana did many things but she was not shopping at Woolworth and I sincerely hope her butler wasn't doing that either.

I think the guy should be given a break, look at what the establishment tried to do to him. They were ready to convict him, and look at how long it took the Queen to step in and stop it. They RUINED his life.

I don't agree with some of the things he has done since, but he did guard many of her closest secrets, the problem with tragedies like the death of Diana, is that the real person gets lost in the tales told after their death.
What a pity he didn't immediately return the items he had taken 'for safe keeping' to their rightful owners. He had no right to hold onto any of it with the excuse that he would have returned them 'in person' to the princes. IMO!

He didn't do too well with her secrets either, he printed them for all to see! :bang:

Yes, I agree completely. It would have been better of him to shut the door at Kensington Palace and leave that life behind and let the chips fall where they might have. He could have found a position after Diana's death that suited his abilities and experiences. Now, he's cut himself off from ever returning to what paid his bills for years and he's stuck forever hawking princess-y, tacky things. He has made a deal with the Devil of Celebrity and now has to pay his share.

Diana seemed to be a very thoughtful person, never forgetting to send thank you notes expressing her gratitude. :)

That was her key. She never forgot a thank you note. I think today's young people ought to resurrect that nicety.

This isn't new I've seen little clips from this on youtube but dailymail is claiming it's new so I thought I'd post it anyways

Diana stopped trusting her true friends before she died says Elton John in 'most candid interview' ever | Mail Online

Di was also mentioned on the View today Tina Brown came to talk about the royals and they started talking about the inquest and bascailly she said that there will always be people who think it was murder but that the inquest so carefully outlined everything that you'd be crazy to still think it's murder and then they talked a bit bout Camilla.

Elton John isn't one of my favourite people, but I must admit that I admired the way that he held it together during his performance at Diana's funeral.:) He was supremely professional on that occasion.

This isn't new I've seen little clips from this on youtube but dailymail is claiming it's new so I thought I'd post it anyways

Diana stopped trusting her true friends before she died says Elton John in 'most candid interview' ever | Mail Online

Di was also mentioned on the View today Tina Brown came to talk about the royals and they started talking about the inquest and bascailly she said that there will always be people who think it was murder but that the inquest so carefully outlined everything that you'd be crazy to still think it's murder and then they talked a bit bout Camilla.

Elton John says Princess Di was 'airy fairy' with her true friends | The Sun |HomePage|Showbiz|Bizarre

"airy fairy” with her true friends"

real friends may write "homages" to their friends (and make $) but to make $ off a dead persons flaws IMO is disloyal and unforgivable. during my fight i've found out who my friends are, and it's eyeopening and heartbreaking. diana had her issues but isn't that what true love and friendship is.... "knowing who they are, and loving them anyway". thank you for the links, i'm not commenting on "the butler" anymore, he should be ashamed and forgotten.

what does "airy fairy" mean? flakey, unrealiable, wishy washy, game player, user? i don't think i'm familar with the term in TX, to me me it suggests flakey but i know it can be totally opposite across the pond ie:" trunk/boot"

I can't even to begin to comprehend Diana's surreal life. Although I believe her true self was most evident in relationship to her children.

Time for a new thread.

Part 8 can be found here



Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom