The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana, Princess of Wales, divided the nation - Telegraph

If Diana had lived, her star would have waned. The media would have been unkinder still in their pursuit. (Anyone doubting this should dig up the hostile press cuttings from the last few weeks of her life.) It would have been downhill all the way.

The British press had certainly turned against Diana. Some of the comments are telling as well, a lot of them are disgusted at the crocodile tears shed that week for a person none of the mourners knew.

No,they're not turning against her(sorry to dissapoint some people) the press is only stating the possibilities of how her celebrity would be like if she lived.

No,they're not turning against her(sorry to dissapoint some people) the press is only stating the possibilities of how her celebrity would be like if she lived.
The following was taken from the article posted.
If Diana had lived, her star would have waned. The media would have been unkinder still in their pursuit. (Anyone doubting this should dig up the hostile press cuttings from the last few weeks of her life.) It would have been downhill all the way

The press was never entirely nice to her until she died. That's cruel but when someone is alive you tend to see more the bad sides than the good ones, but when this person passes away then you think : 'We should have been better to her'. Now, the media is trying to back up all the bad stuff that they said but I wish people don't forget what they've done to her, what they've done to every famous people.

Church of England publishes two prayers to remember Diana

Church of England publishes two prayers to remember Diana - Yahoo! India News

First prayer:
God our Father, we remember before you Diana, Princess of Wales, and offer you our gratitude
For all the memories of her that we treasure still. Her vulnerability And her willingness to reach out to the excluded and forgotten Touched us all; her generosity gave hope and joy to many.
May she rest in peace where sorrow and pain are banished, And may the everlasting light of your merciful love shine upon her; Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Second prayer:
Father eternal, unfailing source of peace to all who seek you, we entrust to your love and protection all for whom this anniversary of the tragic and untimely death of Diana, Princess of Wales reawakens the pains of grief and loss.
Comfort all who mourn, that casting all their cares upon you, they may be filled with your gifts - of new life, of courage and of hope; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.(ANI)

Church of England publishes two prayers to remember Diana

Church of England publishes two prayers to remember Diana - Yahoo! India News

First prayer:
God our Father, we remember before you Diana, Princess of Wales, and offer you our gratitude
For all the memories of her that we treasure still. Her vulnerability And her willingness to reach out to the excluded and forgotten Touched us all; her generosity gave hope and joy to many.
May she rest in peace where sorrow and pain are banished, And may the everlasting light of your merciful love shine upon her; Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Second prayer:
Father eternal, unfailing source of peace to all who seek you, we entrust to your love and protection all for whom this anniversary of the tragic and untimely death of Diana, Princess of Wales reawakens the pains of grief and loss.
Comfort all who mourn, that casting all their cares upon you, they may be filled with your gifts - of new life, of courage and of hope; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.(ANI)

very nice. :)

Diana, Princess of Wales, divided the nation - Telegraph

If Diana had lived, her star would have waned. The media would have been unkinder still in their pursuit. (Anyone doubting this should dig up the hostile press cuttings from the last few weeks of her life.) It would have been downhill all the way.

The British press had certainly turned against Diana. Some of the comments are telling as well, a lot of them are disgusted at the crocodile tears shed that week for a person none of the mourners knew.

i suppose it's easy to publish an article like this given the fact that there's nothing to say it would have changed. do you think perhaps diana and media were going through one of those periods where they were knocking her off the proverbial pedestal and that eventually they would have built her back up?

Last edited by a moderator:
That cartoon picture is hilarious, they always draw Diana with a big nose Charles with oversized ears then William and Camilla with wide grins.

The people’s princess has been dead 10 years. Her sons have staged her memorial concert at Wembley, Tina Brown has written a memoir that is alternately gushing and malicious, and Prince Charles has married his mistress. Her sons are both army officers. By the end of the year William will be bald. William, every inch a Windsor, has turned into a dead ringer for Princess Anne, Harry for Diana’s sister Lady Sarah McCorquodale

The Diana myth - Times Online

Zero bids in Internet auction for Diana's dress

No bids in internet auction for Princess Diana's dress  | national/international | the londonpaper

Last edited:
Not Tina Brown again, she just doesn't have a clue does she! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is one of the comments posted!
Oh please! such a let-down to read this saccharine nonsense attempting to perpetuate the "Saint Diana" hype. I advise you all to go read The Diana Myth by Germaine Greer instead

I couldn't have put it better myself! :ROFLMAO:

{edited by Avalon}
I couldn't agree more with the first article I posted.

Fifteen years since former Army officer James Hewitt broke his silence about his illicit affair with Princess Diana and on the eve of the tenth anniversary of the Princess's death, the 49-year-old love rat has directed a film about his relationship with her

The cruellest of timing for cad Hewitt’s final betrayal of Diana | the Daily Mail

am i the only one who thinks its a shame QEII doesn't condone chopping off peoples heads. this cad would have been disposed of long ago in QEI reign.

{edited for consistency - Elspeth}

This cad would have been disposed of long ago in QEI reign.
Ah but, Henry VIII would also have dealt with Diana the same way! :flowers:

{edited for consistency - Elspeth} Ah but, Henry VIII would also have dealt with Diana the same way! :flowers:

... and sooner too! Henry had a tendency to get rid of his wives rather quickly once he had another filly in his sights. So once Charles decided to go back to his relationship with Camilla, Diana would have been first in line for "the chop"!!

... and sooner too! Henry had a tendency to get rid of his wives rather quickly once he had another filly in his sights. So once Charles decided to go back to his relationship with Camilla, Diana would have been first in line for "the chop"!!

Maybe she was gotten rid of the 20th century way!!! She was only divorce a little over a year before she was killed.

i suppose it's easy to publish an article like this given the fact that there's nothing to say it would have changed. do you think perhaps diana and media were going through one of those periods where they were knocking her off the proverbial pedestal and that eventually they would have built her back up?

I think that depends on what she did in the longer term. In summer 1997 she was living something of a jet-set existence with people considered to be rather seedy, and if that had continued, the bad press might also have continued. Being rather media-savvy, she might have decided to concentrate on other things (land mines, charities, etc) for a while, but unfortunately for her, the press was mostly interested in her personal life. It was rather ironic that when she was married to Charles she could divert attention away from his serious activities by giving the press snippets about personal matters, but when she was on her own and trying to get press interest in her own serious issues, the press was more interested in her personal matters.

I advise you all to go read The Diana Myth by Germaine Greer instead

SKydragon, thank you for posting the Telegraph article and the Times article ("the Diana myth"). Also, thanks to bbb for posting the Economist article. I find these alternative perspectives very refreshing. I love Diana forever, but it is refreshing to read these alternative ways of looking at her, something very different from the load of rubbish we've had lately from the Daily Mail.

Hi guys, discussion of television and other productions should be posted in Movies and Videos About Diana.
Recent posts discussing telemovies have been moved to that thread in the Royal Library subforum.

The 'Diana news thread' should be restricted to the latest news.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom