The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another pathetic attempt to attract the Diana fans to it's site. Having seen on this forum and heard from friends how the Daily Maul censors out the majority of pro Camilla comments, it is laughable to look at the comments. :ROFLMAO:

Never Say Diana

Princess Diana - Queen of Hearts, celebrity princess, spurned wife of Prince Charles (tampon to Camilla), lover to Dodi Fayed (son to corner shop owner Mohamed al Fayed), mother to princes William and Harry, blonde, non-seatbelt wearer - is not dead. Not really.

Never Say Diana » News & Views: Anorak

14-2007 08:07 AMSkydragonI thought it was funny, they have one on Charles as well, but I was unable to open it! :lol:

As laughable as this article?

14-2007 08:07 AMSkydragonI thought it was funny, they have one on Charles as well, but I was unable to open it! :lol:

As laughable as this article?
It was bound to be as funny, but it wouldn't open. If I come across it again, I will post it. Anorak is a satirical internet site. :D

i think the mail article is terrible. they make it sound as though camilla herself is reponsible for the tragedy and that's an awful accusation to make.

What a nasty article this woman has nothing to do in her spare time besides writing this ridiculous article about a dead woman.

I don't think it even deserves a post sirhon11234 :flowers:. There will always be people like that.

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer | News | This is London

Germaine Greer obviously read Tina Brown's book and viewed it out of her position of feminism. Could be worth reading the whole essay as Greer definately is a woman of intellect. Not one to shirk away from any controversy . I'm not saying she is right in what she writes, only that I'd like to read the full essay.

At the end of the day it dosn't matter what is said, good or bad, about Diana because like Princess Grace and Jackie Kennedy she was and will always remain an icon. Someone once said that the definition of an icon is someone who forever retains a sense of magic around them even when every flaw in their character has been exposed and dissected. Only a select few throughout history have survived this kind of scrutiny and still emerged with their aura intact. It's impossible to pinpoint what sets these figures apart and that's what makes them an enigma. Diana, even in life, took her place among this elite band and will remain among them long after her husband and Camilla have become just another King and Queen in English Royal history. I don't say this as a pro-Diana anti-Charles remark it's just a fact and is the reason why Charles and Camilla should just concentrate on being happy together and never try or expect Camilla to fill Diana's shoes because it will always be impossible for her to do so.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it dosn't matter what is said, good or bad, about Diana because like Princess Grace and Jackie Kennedy she was and will always remain an icon. Someone once said that the definition of an icon is someone who forever retains a sense of magic around them even when every flaw in their character has been exposed and dissected. Only a select few throughout history have survived this kind of scrutiny and still emerged with their aura intact. It's impossible to pinpoint what sets these figures apart and that's what makes them an enigma. Diana, even in life, took her place among this elite band and will remain among them long after her husband and Camilla have become just another King and Queen in English Royal history. I don't say this as a pro-Diana anti-Charles remark it's just a fact and is the reason why Charles and Camilla should just concentrate on being happy together and never try or expect Camilla to fill Diana's shoes because it will always be impossible for her to do so.

Well said. Anyway, I doubt Camilla would be too stupid to try to take Diana's place as she would be if she tried to replace her into William and Harry's heart. Of course I'm perfectly happy that the boys get on well with her, it's not the point. Just as I explained in the thread 'a new diana?', nobody , princess or queen, could put her in the shadow. It's just phenomenal what happened between 1981-1997, and people don't forget like they don't forget about Monroe or Jackie.

I have just read Greer's comments about Diana not being a fashion icon and I kind of agree. When one looks back at how she dressed up until say the last 3-4 years of her life it was a bit cartoonish. I don't really mean her evening clothes but her suits always had hats that matched with the exact same fabric and looking back most of the ensembles were a bit garish. You know, if a suit was say blue and pink all the accessories and hat had to be blue and pink whereas in the last few years her dress sense wasn't so severe. At William's confirmation for example she wore a pale blue suit with beige shoes and bag and it was much more subtle and classy. Any thoughts?

I don't agree with anything that woman said in her article. This article is trash she said that Diana probably caused her own death could anyone be that cruel to say something like that. Did she even think about William and Harry's reactions towards that nasty comment. Whats the use in attacking a woman whose been dead for 10 years and can't defend herself.
And Diana's style was unique unlike other fashion icons we saw her fashion sense grow from that frilly puffy look to that sleek, elegant, and sexy sense of fashion.

Yes, I agree with sirhon11234. Who is she to say things like that ?! She wasn't killed by taking drugs or anything that she made on purpose to herself. It was a car crash, no one could have provide that.
What I want to tell people who write these kind of stuff is: Leave her alone, I would have like to see you in her situation.

Last edited:
The problem with icons is that too many little girls want to grow up to be just like one and Diana had enough problems and made enough mistakes to make a person a bit concerned about the future of a whole generation of little girls who want to grow up to be just like Diana.

The problem with icons is that too many little girls want to grow up to be just like one and Diana had enough problems and made enough mistakes to make a person a bit concerned about the future of a whole generation of little girls who want to grow up to be just like Diana.

Indeed, it's quite a problem. But if those little girls are enough curious to read and learn about Diana, they'll see by themselves the unhappy life she has lead: bulimia, lonelyness, etc. I love Diana, but I wish I'll never have her life. You know what I mean ?

Last edited:
Diana never intended to become an icon and nor did she try to persuade little girls to be like her. If I had a daughter I would rather her try to be like Diana as the humanitarian than Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan who only party, sleep around and go to jail. You see these two women do nothing productive with their life Diana did.

Of course sirhon11234. She absolutely made something of her life with the humanitarian work (and I've the same thought as you conserning those 2 other 'celebrities' ;)). What I meant in my previous post is her private life not public. Fortunately for her she had her boys at least.

Last edited:
Well yes Diana's private life was far from perfect but in public she conducted herself with dignity and class unlike a couple of celebrities.

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer | News | This is London

Very good article for those who raed it!

.....is the reason why Charles and Camilla should just concentrate on being happy together and never try or expect Camilla to fill Diana's shoes because it will always be impossible for her to do so.
!0 years further down the line, Diana will just be a distant memory for all but the hard core fans. Camilla is already replacing Diana in people's minds in the UK, IMO. Very few 'normal' people say 'do you remember when Diana' did this or that.

An icon is someone who is seen as someone who's behaviour is worth living up to. Diana had many advantages over most children from one parent families and they don't make a meal out of having all her 'problems'.

She is certainly not someone I would want any girl to aspire to be like! :eek:

An icon is someone who is seen as someone who's behaviour is worth living up to.

Rather it seems when someone becomes an icon, that people stop thinking sensibly about them - about the fact that they are flesh and blood human beings who do some things well and other things not so well.

There are probably characteristics of every one in the Royal Family that I would want to emulate but I wouldn't want to emulate any one person totally.

Rather I think I would want to have:
  • Anne's common sense and pluckiness, and her tendency to not suffer fools gladly
  • Charles' intellectual curiosity
  • The Queen's steady nature and ability to remain kind and calm at the same time
  • Andrew's simple charm
  • Diana's ability to connect with individuals for an instance
  • Camilla's ability to concentrate on the people closest to her and maintain her attention on what she has control of rather than waste her time worrying over what she doesn't have control over
  • and lastly Margaret's pure joie de vivre during those times that she really felt joy
But I wouldn't want to emulate any one of them completely.

Diana...blew the door wide open for what it means to be a "modern royal", for any and ALL of the royal families left in Europe..

I often wonder...would Juan Felipe have married Letizia, Haakon married Mette Marit, Willem marry Maxima, and Frederik marry Mary...had it not been in some way for Diana...

Maybe they thought a little "Well if she could do it so could we"

Rather it seems when someone becomes an icon, that people stop thinking sensibly about them - about the fact that they are flesh and blood human beings who do some things well and other things not so well.

There are probably characteristics of every one in the Royal Family that I would want to emulate but I wouldn't want to emulate any one person totally.

Rather I think I would want to have:
  • Anne's common sense and pluckiness, and her tendency to not suffer fools gladly
  • Charles' intellectual curiosity
  • The Queen's steady nature and ability to remain kind and calm at the same time
  • Andrew's simple charm
  • Diana's ability to connect with individuals for an instance
  • Camilla's ability to concentrate on the people closest to her and maintain her attention on what she has control of rather than waste her time worrying over what she doesn't have control over
  • and lastly Margaret's pure joie de vivre during those times that she really felt joy
But I wouldn't want to emulate any one of them completely.

WOW ! With all those qualities you have the perfect person :eek:. But with their bad sides you could make the worst :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Diana...blew the door wide open for what it means to be a "modern royal", for any and ALL of the royal families left in Europe..

I often wonder...would Juan Felipe have married Letizia, Haakon married Mette Marit, Willem marry Maxima, and Frederik marry Mary...had it not been in some way for Diana...

Maybe they thought a little "Well if she could do it so could we"

I think Diana probably showed that beneath the Royal Families there are human beings who feel emotions just like us. After Diana, they probably thought :"Maybe we could let love do the job". No senior royal would like to see his son or daughter get married to someone he/she didn't love. The shock of the fairy tale marriage of Charles & Diana falling apart made all the RFs really react and see what could happened.

IMHO it was Charles-Diana marriage disaster that changed the perceptions about royal marriages. Then other crown princes and royal families tried to avoid the same things and scandals happening to them. I don't want to dishonour Diana, but she should have kept slience about many things and things must would have turned out to be much more differently. Seeing the royals as humans can be good things but it can be dangerous things as well. I don't think I would have much feelings for William and Harry because I think them as normal young people.At the same time I don't feel much magic depsite their bloodlines.It is a terrible thing and I do doubt how long the monarchy can survive under such a society.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom