The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, well didn't read the whole thread, but I think from the little I did read, the fact that they could say the media houses bosses were celebrating an accident in the tunnel ... it says a lot ... it suggests that none of the media houses responsible for deploying their reporters / paparazzi to follow & write about Diana & Dodi, were even remotely concerned about human lives being at stake. It showed a complete lack of respect, not only for the individuals involved, but also towards human beings as a whole (I mean, how can you celebrate another person's demise?). They need to take a reality check ... those media house bosses wouldn't want other people celebrating their demises.

William and Harry had the right to request the images be pulled, and, if the media house in question was any self respecting media house, I think they would have gone along with it, not to "suck up" to the royals, but, just simply out of respect for the dead ... to show people that they are a self respecting media house.

i'm almost speechless! does he honestly think that diana's children would invite him to take part in these events? and even if the book hadn't happened, he still overstates his sense of "importance" in her life. when is he going to get over the fact that he was her employee and and nothing more.

I wonder what type of speaking engagements he has planned? I can't believe that people would actually still pay to hear him speak! For myself, I will be watching the concert on the television.

Lily

Some people think that because they shaked the hand of famous person they can write a book and pretend they know them. Perhaps he did more than shaking her hand although it would be more to her siblings to do something like that than a simple bodyguard. He didn't really know her !

Last edited:
This man is a delusional, chronic, pathological liar.
He is sorely mistaken if he thinks people here in the US are more tolerant of people like him!
If he does show up on any shows here, hopefully it will be a 2 second blurb and they will cut him off.
And of course he was snubbed, the idiot. Who would want to invite "the butler"?
Oh, but then of course, I forgot! "He is still in contact and on good terms with the "boys". yeah right!
He just needs to have his jaw wired shut so he can't say any more stupid nonsense. Geez!

Perhaps he thinks that in the US, people are more naive because they create very good science fiction movies. But life is not like Hollywood Mr Burrell. I'm sure the American people will kick out this liar whose principal activity is to make money out of everyone, Diana in particular. I wish one of the boys could take him down one for all !

I clicked onto your link gfg02 but nothing came up. Perhaps it is MSN playing with me again.

Lily

Thank you Elspeth it worked great. Also, nice article gfg02, thank you.

Lily

From the article posted by gfg02
Spencer told Reuters, bemoaning the commercialization of so many "kiss and tell" Diana stories
This from the biggest exploiter of the Diana name! What he meant to say is that he hopes he will continue to make money from the misuse of his dead sister and hopes everyone else will stop, because it eats into his revenue. :rolleyes:

What could we expect from a family who didn't even respect her will ...

The first article was really touching, I found the comment "Diana's first facelift or whats on Di's ipod" very funny. :)

From the article, reporting an episode between Philip and Diana as told in "The Diana Chronicles":

The monarch's no-nonsense husband, who the recollections of today had for many years enjoyed a good relationship with Diana, told the increasingly independent Princess: "If you don’t behave yourself, my girl, we’ll take your title away from you."
Referring to her historic Spencer lineage, of which she was proud, the Princess called upon her famous quick wit, telling her father-in-law: "My title is much older than yours, Philip".

Ouch!

End of quote.

Ouch indeed!
What a stupid and uneducated thing to say:

The duke of Edinburgh was born a prince of Greece and Denmark - a member of the oldest dynasty of Europe. His ancestors already reigned in Scandinavia when William the Conqueror had not been born. I doubt the Spencers are left-over Anglo-Saxon nobility thus Diana was simply wrong. IMHO in that case it is not quick witted or even funny, but an uneducated kind of pertiness.

From the article, reporting an episode between Philip and Diana as told in "The Diana Chronicles":

The monarch's no-nonsense husband, who the recollections of today had for many years enjoyed a good relationship with Diana, told the increasingly independent Princess: "If you don’t behave yourself, my girl, we’ll take your title away from you."
Referring to her historic Spencer lineage, of which she was proud, the Princess called upon her famous quick wit, telling her father-in-law: "My title is much older than yours, Philip".

Ouch!

End of quote.

Ouch indeed! What a stupid and uneducated thing to say:

The duke of Edinburgh was born a prince of Greece and Denmark - a member of the oldest dynasty of Europe. His ancestors already reigned in Scandinavia when William the Conqueror had not been born. I doubt the Spencers are left-over Anglo-Saxon nobility thus Diana was simply wrong. IMHO in that case it is not quick witted or even funny, but an uneducated kind of pertiness.

I think she was actually talking of the title 'Duke of Edinburgh', not his lineage ...
From Wikipedia :
The Duke of Edinburgh is a dukedom associated with Edinburgh, Scotland. There have been three creations since 1726. The current holder is Prince Philip, the husband of and royal consort to Queen Elizabeth II.
And if she was talking of her title of Princess of Wales, she was right :
From Wikipedia
Princess of Wales is a courtesy title held by the wife of the Prince of Wales since the first "English" Prince of Wales in 1282. Due to the mortality rate and the fact that some Princes of Wales did not marry before ascending to the throne, there have in fact been only ten Princesses of Wales.

Okay, but if they are talking about lineage, why are they talking about 'title' ? I wouldn't have used this word ...
Again it's a private discussion so there will always be a doubt.

Maybe they were talking about their titles in Britain. HRH Prince Philip had been Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, prior to his marriage to the Princess Elizabeth. He had to relinquish his foreign titles to become a British citizen, did he not?

Maybe they were talking about their titles in Britain. HRH Prince Philip had been Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, prior to his marriage to the Princess Elizabeth. He had to relinquish his foreign titles to become a British citizen, did he not?
Until 1975 she was only the honourable Diana Spencer, it was after her grandfather died that she was called Lady. So her title was not older anyway! :rolleyes:

Ouch!

End of quote.

Ouch indeed! What a stupid and uneducated thing to say:

You know, the more I'm seeing of excerpts of this book, the more I think that the character of Rita Skeeter must be based on Tina Brown. She seems to be giving verbatim quotes of private conversations with such confidence that I can only assume that she must really have been able to transform herself into a fly on the wall. Either that, or this is mighty shoddy journalism.

Excellent comparison Elspeth she does seem like Rita Skeeter writing for The Daily Prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom