The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I couldn't see a link to the original article as published in "The Australian" on that linked page, but I found it here: The plain truth about Diana | The Australian

Old 08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure if this has been posted already as I have only scanned the last 2 pages of this thread, but this coming Sunday, on the TLC channel, there is going to be 2 specials aired about Diana.
One is called something like "Diana: 10 years in pictures" and the 2nd one is a documentary "Diana: the last days of a Princess".

Not sure of the exact titles, or the times, but I will check and post again later. I know the documentary is a couple of hours long and will be shown at least 4 times in a row that night.
I only caught it as I was scrolling thru my DVD thing last night to record some other show. But I'll check and post more info again later.

UPDATE: You can go to www.tcl.discovery.com and they have a nice layout on Diana. The show I mentioned above will air on Sunday Aug12th at 8/7c.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Courtier

An article about the late princess Diana on LAHAMAGAZINE.
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/08-2007/359People01.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

'Diana' docudrama lacks tact and TLC

'Diana' docudrama lacks tact and TLC
Old 08-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth II has decided that the Union Jack will not be flown at half-mast above the Buckingham Palace on Princess Diana's tenth death anniversary slated for later this month

'No flag on Princess Diana's 10th death anniversary'-UK-World-The Times of India
Old 08-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana portrait competition launched
Diana portrait competition launched | UK | Reuters
Old 08-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Nobility

FYI, for those of you in the US that may be interested, tonight TLC is airing a documentary on Diana at 8pm For those of you anywhere else in the world, I'm not sure if you get this channel.

TONIGHT: "Diana: Last Days of a Princess" is an ambitious docudrama that revisits Diana's activities leading up to her untimely death 10 years ago this month. The program weaves together dramatic portrayals and revealing interviews with close associates of Diana and Dodi Fayed, including the latter's father. 8 p.m., TLC.

Around the Remote
Contra Costa Times
Article Launched: 08/12/2007 03:06:01 AM PDT

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_6606643
Old 08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Television relives Princess Diana's life, death

Entertainment | Television relives Princess Diana's life, death | Seattle Times Newspaper
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

A moment of madness? | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

A moment of madness?

Ten years ago Britain mourned the death of Princess Diana with an intensity that took many aback. Today, that feels like another era. So was that week of high emotion a bizarre lapse - or something far more significant? By Jonathan Freedland
Old 08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
French TV broadcast 'Diana' docudrama on Thursday, August 30 on TF1 at 8.50 PM. Followed by doucmentary on the Princess : Le droit de savoir - Magazines

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Queen Elizabeth II has decided that the Union Jack will not be flown at half-mast above the Buckingham Palace on Princess Diana's tenth death anniversary slated for later this month

'No flag on Princess Diana's 10th death anniversary'-UK-World-The Times of India
That is a very weird article. "Diana's first Death Anniversary" makes it sound as if she died more than once? To me at least.
As for flying the flag on the anniversary of her death, is that something normal?
I know here in the States, we fly the flag on their actual death, but NOT on their anniversary.
I don't know why they would consider flying the flag at half mast on her anniversary unless of course it is something that has been done before in the past.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
French TV broadcast 'Diana' docudrama on Thursday, August 30 on TF1 at 8.50 PM. Followed by doucmentary on the Princess : Le droit de savoir - Magazines
Found a part of the docudrama here :

The comments (the documentary part) seem interesting but the acting is quite silly and poor from what I've seen here.

Because it matters...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The movie was okay the actress who played Diana annoyed me in the beginning.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
The movie was okay the actress who played Diana annoyed me in the beginning.
Thanks for giving me your thoughts . I'll see that when it will be aired on August 30. But France is not a good country to broadcast shows in original version so there will be the dubbing ... again

Because it matters...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

There will be many shows and documentaries on Diana this week. Here are some broadcast infos (only French TV ... sorry )

August 25, 10.55 PM, France 3 : Diana et les fantômes de l'Alma (docu.)
August 26, 4.35 PM, Arte : Le destin de Lady Di (docu.)
August 26, 4.40 PM, M6 : Diana, les derniers jours (docu.)
August 29, 8.40 PM, Arte : Lady Diana contre Elizabeth II (docu.)
August 30, 8.50 PM, TF1 : Diana, les derniers jours d'une princesse (docudrama)
August 30, 10.35 PM, TF1 : Le Droit de Savoir (docu.)
August 31, 3.05 PM, France 3 : Diana, princesse du Peuple (Tv show)

Because it matters...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, some of this headlines seem rather interesting, don't they? I particularly like the 4th and 6th ones.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Oh dear, some of this headlines seem rather interesting, don't they? I particularly like the 4th and 6th ones.
I agree with 4th one, sounds silly . The 6th is just the title of the documentary. It's a monthly documentary so it always has this title and a sub-title depending on what is going to be broadcast. The sub-title is : 'Diana, les derniers mystères' or something like that.

Because it matters...
Old 08-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Tina Brown thinks about Diana 'death' photos ?

Because it matters...
Old 08-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

ninemsn

Germaine Greer has launched a scathing attack on the late Princess of Wales, labelling her a "devious moron".

Greer lashes out at Princess Diana

My two cents: This is a pathetically sour indavidual! She certainly isn't thought of warmly here, in her homeland, by the greater majority.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Diana, Princess of Wales, divided the nation

Diana, Princess of Wales, divided the nation - Telegraph

Growing up Diana

CNN.com

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana