The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 5: April-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007

10878so.png

Arms of Diana, Princess of Wales

Welcome to the Late Diana, Princess of Wales
News Thread, Part 5

Commencing April 2007

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Diana Case In France

Updated: 11:22, Monday March 19, 2007
Mohammed al Fayed is taking legal action in France against a former Metropolitan Police Commissioner.
The Harrods boss has alleged that Lord Condon deliberately withheld evidence from the French inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997.
He believes that Diana's claims of a conspiracy to kill her should have formed part of his evidence.
But Lord Condon has insisted that he cooperated fully with the French investigation.
Another former senior police officer, Sir David Veness, is also accused by Mr al Fayed.

Advertisement

His allegations centre on an incident in 1995 when Diana told her lawyers that she believed there was a conspiracy to "put aside" her and Camilla Parker Bowles, either through an accident or some other means.
Mr al Fayed said: "Princess Diana, who was my dear friend, confided in me her fears that she would be involved in a car crash or something similar on the orders of the Royal Household.
"It has now emerged that her fears were expressed to at least a dozen other people."
He claims Lord Condon was aware of the comments within weeks of Diana's death and says this should have been disclosed to the Paris inquiry.
Earlier this month the appeal court backed Mr al Fayed's request for a jury to hear the British inquest into the death of Diana and his son Dodi.

Prince William to Donate to Diana's Cause
Prince William To Donate To Diana's Cause - Movie News - Playfuls.com - Fun & Entertainment

ysbel said:
I can't see the pictures.

Here is the portrait, stored in private account, hope you'll be able to view it. -----> Portrait

I like the idea but some of the portraits doesen't resemble The Princess of Wales.

corazon said:
this are ig news! was time that william and harry work for her mother memory, especially in the fundation.
I read millions of times that the relations with the spencer are bad, we can see that this was a lie

I agree with you, it was good of Prince William to decide to donate to the foundation.
However I fail to see what had this decision to do with Prince William or Prince Harry's relationships with the Spencers. :ermm:

Avalon said:
I agree with you, it was good of Prince William to decide to donate to the foundation.
However I fail to see what had this decision to do with Prince William or Prince Harry's relationships with the Spencers. :ermm:
the diana princess of wales memorial fund was a earl spencer's preject, if william and harry don0t agree with this william now can close that fundation and do his own fundation for her mother.
you cann see my point? my english is bad

corazon said:
the diana princess of wales memorial fund was a earl spencer's preject, if william and harry don0t agree with this william now can close that fundation and do his own fundation for her mother.

Your English is fine corazon. I can see your opinion and I respect it. :)
However I think that the decision is about donation to their Mother's foundation, rather then Earl Spencer's project, if he has anything to do with it.
I'm not saying that the Princes' relationships with their uncle are bad. I just don't necessarily see the prove of opposite in the decision of donating to the fund.

Last edited:
corazon said:
Your english is fine Corazon, my spanish is horrible. I do hope that William and Harry are on speaking terms.

I don't think this is a new exhibition, just the same one that has been doing the rounds for a couple of years.

Does anyone in London know if the exhibit at Kensington Palace will still be there in August, 2007? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Lily

Thank you very much for the information The Truth that makes me very very happy. :)

Lily:flowers:

Lily97 said:
Thank you very much for the information The Truth that makes me very very happy. :)

Lily:flowers:

No problem :) . I'd like to go to the exhibition too but I'm afraid there will be alot of people, especially during the summer holiday. I believe that Althorp too will be crowded. Maybe you should book some tickets if you want to be sure of getting in ...:ermm: .

How very odd that they will be using Diana 's old apartments. Well its for charity that will benefit children. < ed >

gfg02 said:
Charles's Charity To Move Into Diana's Apartments
About time the empty rooms were put to good use! The article seems a little short on accuracy. :rolleyes:

gfg02 said:
This is one very wierd article.:ohmy:

Diana was not the first and only occupant of those Apartments, and it seems fitting that a Charity should make use of the empty space. :rolleyes:

The implication that there are 'Charles Charities' and 'Diana's Charities' and that we should somehow choose up sides and despise the 'loser's' charities is more than a little whacked.:wacko:

MARG said:
The implication that there are 'Charles Charities' and 'Diana's Charities' and that we should somehow choose up sides and despise the 'loser's' charities is more than a little whacked.:wacko:
It's "The War of The Waleses" continuing to be fought through substitutes. The use of charities as ammunition in the hostilities gives an indication of the mindset.

Warren said:
It's "The War of The Waleses" continuing to be fought through substitutes. The use of charities as ammunition in the hostilities gives an indication of the mindset.
I keep thinking there will come a time when we can all move on and live in the now, but then again a pig just flew past my window, so my reasoning faculties are obvious shot to hell! :w00t2:

MARG said:
This is one very wierd article.:ohmy:

Diana was not the first and only occupant of those Apartments, and it seems fitting that a Charity should make use of the empty space. :rolleyes:

I have a question about the apartment -

Was this a different apartment to the one that Charles and Diana shared during their marriage or the same one?

If the same one then why shouldn't Charles' charities use one of his former homes?

I hope you see my point - namely that it wasn't only Diana's apartment.

Who else has lived in this exact apartment over the years I wonder?

Diana's Kensington Palace Apt.

Originally Charles & Diana shared the apt. Eventually Charles moved out and Diana lived there with their sons. After the divorce, Diana was told she could live in the apt. Therefore, since the apt. was Diana's, it seems strange that Charles's charity and not Diana's will be housed there.

Elizabeth Harris said:
Originally Charles & Diana shared the apt. Eventually Charles moved out and Diana lived there with their sons. After the divorce, Diana was told she could live in the apt. Therefore, since the apt. was Diana's, it seems strange that Charles's charity and not Diana's will be housed there.

On the contrary - as they both had it as their family home there is no reason why a charity associated with Charles shouldn't be there - in my opinion.

It was where Charles lived as well - that is my whole point - it wasn't just Diana who lived there.

It is like so many things to do with Diana and Charles - it is either one or the other but not both e.g. frequently when either William or Harry do something good it is because they are Diana's sons but when it is something bad it is because they are Charles' sons. I rarely ever see them referred to as the sons of both of their parents.

Put more simply, Kensington Palace is a Royal residence. The POW's charities have royal oversight (eg The Prince's Trust), while Diana's charities are operated and managed independently; ie they are outside of the Royal Family's influence or control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom