The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 5: April-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Knightley to play Princess Diana?

Actress Keira Knightley is being lined up to play Diana, Princess Of Wales in a movie based on the late royal's life

Knightley to play Princess Diana? - Yahoo! News UK

"For every pound The Queen makes, a film about Diana will make ten."

That is why books, films and documentaries by channel 4 will continue. :neutral:

True. But, in the case of the Channel 4 documentary, it doesn't have to include the last pictures.

I know a lot of 'forbidden' pictures are out there-the JFK autopsy, etc, etc-but the Paris crash was one instance where the blanket press, publicly, agreed that the pictures would never be published. Largely because the media had such a direct hand in Diana's death. It's not so hard to honor that-there are certainly enough photographic images of Diana to supply 100 documentaries without using the final ones-so their use is just pointless.

sassie said:
There's no reason to show those pictures, other than sensationalism and a wish to gain ratings.

Whatever happened, I wonder, to that vow all the media took the day after the crash to "never" show those pictures? I guess "never" isn't as long as we all think.

Like treaties, vows can be broken, especially if money is involved. I bet channel 4 will reap a lot of money from sponsors, unless of course, the public somehow forces those sponsors to back out after a fear of a boycott of their products. Another example of exploitation that has gripped pretty much of the world when dealing with Diana memorability and press on the 10th anniversary of her death.

sassie said:
True. But, in the case of the Channel 4 documentary, it doesn't have to include the last pictures.

I know a lot of 'forbidden' pictures are out there-the JFK autopsy, etc, etc-but the Paris crash was one instance where the blanket press, publicly, agreed that the pictures would never be published.

The press only withheld publishing the last photos because the public was a howling mob that was looking for their blood after it was found out that the car crashed after being chased by the papparazzi. There was no altruistic motive for withholding the pictures, just the press trying to save its own hide.

The tabloids had only just adroitly turned all that hate and fury away from themselves and channelled the mad and extreme anger towards the hapless Royal Family and the Queen. It was a remarkable stroke of genius for the tabloid media although in my mind, it was totally and irreversibly reprehensible. In that one gutless and cowardly act, the press affirmed that its only goal was to serve itself and that Diana and the Royal Family be damned.

In that terrible environment so filled with hate and anger and the public needing an object for all that hatred, the press would have brought all that hatred back on the press if they had published crash photos of Diana. There was no concern for the families of the deceased in their agreement not to publish the photos, but rather concern for their own hides.

They were as slimey then as they are now. The leopard has not changed its spots although now 10 years after Diana's death, we can see the spots a bit better now. And now, especially after the coroner's report, we know that the papparazzi chasing Diana's car wasn't the sole (or even the primary) cause of the crash so its harder to whip the public in a frenzy against the papparazzi again.

Last edited:
AOL also has a poll asking should the photos be aired or not. Almost 70% polled think not. I voted no.

kerry said:
AOL also has a poll asking should the photos be aired or not. Almost 70% polled think not. I voted no.
Me to Kerry.

The italian magazine, 'Chi', published a photo of the dying Diana in July 2006. It was totally condemned by all the press in the world and by the princes. Channel 4 is going to sink if they decide to broadcast it ! Why are they so stubborn ?

They're stubborn because money is involved.

Yes but they are going to be the most hated channel !

Are you going to see the documentary? Of course everyone has the same opinion it is such a sensational and private material but... are you going to see? Don't you have any curiosity??? I have...

Why do you have curiosity to see film or pictures of someone in a terminal condition in the back of a car? Would you like to see the final moments of a member of your family broadcast for the world to share? Do you think the showing of such images is in good taste?

Do you need to see a dying Diana?

TheTruth said:
Yes but they are going to be the most hated channel !

As well as they should!!! So their intent is to still go through with this? How appalling and sad that this channel would stoop so low. That is really overstepping and far exceeding the boundaries of respectability.

"Private material" being the keywords. That type of curiosity led to Diana being dogged by the media every day of her life. Broadcasting these pictures is just the final intrusion into her privacy.

And a very disgusting act! If the masses claim to love her so much and have labeled her The Peoples Princess then let the people best remember her as she was before, not struggling for her last breath among wreckage.

The first news article was very interesting. I wish my trip to Europe this summer had london included but sadly it does not, I really want to visit Kensington Palace and its gardens.

sassie said:
??? It's the name of the book.
Anyone reading the article knows that, I was talking about the headline! :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone about this, but I only have one suggestion: I hope that the photos were used by the Lord Stevens investigators. They might have been useful, considering that it was their task to understand everything that happened that night, from point A to point B.
I don't think the photos should be seen by the public, but I hope the investigation made use of them.

Warren said:
Why do you have curiosity to see film or pictures of someone in a terminal condition in the back of a car? Would you like to see the final moments of a member of your family broadcast for the world to share? Do you think the showing of such images is in good taste?

Do you need to see a dying Diana?

I know this wasn't a general question but I just had to answer:

NO!

I think it is revolting that they are even considering using these photos publicly, I agree that they might have helped in the inquest but other than that, they should be locked up in a safe or something.

I feel so sorry for the Princes and her family & friends ... it must be just terrible to have this all aired over and over and over again purely for money.

And I feel sorry for her too, you know? She should be resting in peace not being harrassed constantly, well her soul, of course.

Skydragon said:
Anyone reading the article knows that, I was talking about the headline! :rolleyes:

I know you were. :rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
I agree with everyone about this, but I only have one suggestion: I hope that the photos were used by the Lord Stevens investigators. They might have been useful, considering that it was their task to understand everything that happened that night, from point A to point B.
I don't think the photos should be seen by the public, but I hope the investigation made use of them.

I hope they were too. There are still too many "theories" as to what/who really caused Diana's death. Even though these photos could hold "the truth" I doubt that these theories (conspiracy) would ever die.

trinny said:
I know this wasn't a general question but I just had to answer:

NO!

I think it is revolting that they are even considering using these photos publicly, I agree that they might have helped in the inquest but other than that, they should be locked up in a safe or something.

I feel so sorry for the Princes and her family & friends ... it must be just terrible to have this all aired over and over and over again purely for money.

And I feel sorry for her too, you know? She should be resting in peace not being harrassed constantly, well her soul, of course.

She should still be alive today but I'am sure the Princess is at peace.
What is this channel 4 thinking!!:bang:

I don't understand why any statement has been made yet ?! The princes did one when 'Chi' published the photos ... What are they waiting for ?

That is true what are they waiting for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom