The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 4: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even a Nationwide paper. He's so lowly that he can only get a regional paper to cover his pathetic sell-outs.

Wow, that is reaching. She certainly wants the cast-off fame from Diana. I wonder if it will be so important in ten years or if the fervor will have gotten even more crazy.

burrel annunced some plan for diana's anniversary?

No, the arse was in a southern city (one of the top 25 in the USA) pushing his "Royal" food line. As if the male actually knew good taste.

Mr. Burrell has in no way hinted he will even be remoted associated with the Diana Memorial Concert. He couldn't pay the lawyers if he was sued.

Suonymona said:
No, the arse was in a southern city (one of the top 25 in the USA) pushing his "Royal" food line. As if the male actually knew good taste.

Mr. Burrell has in no way hinted he will even be remoted associated with the Diana Memorial Concert. He couldn't pay the lawyers if he was sued.

So Paul Burrell is broke? I didn't know that.

They are all crawling out of the woodwork now! :ohmy: I'm surprised LL didn't add 'an stuff'. :lol:

The article about the 36 paintings marking Diana's life is great. I hope those paintings are shown here in N.Y. as well.

according to this web: Welcome to Stopping Overshopping

Thus, for every well-known name in the Who's Who of Chronic Shoppers-Princess Diana, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Imelda Marcos, and even Mary Todd Lincoln, who needed eighty four pairs of gloves before she could move into the White House-there are dozens or hundreds of unknowns. And the disorder is not restricted to women.

Diana and other famous people suffered oneomania.

rchainho said:
Diana and other famous people suffered oneomania.
And I thought it was just avarice! :lol:

Hmmm wasn't it Diana who had one of the biggest auctions of all time of her gowns and gave the money to charity? I wouldn't call that greed.

I too can't picture Lindsey Lohan playing the role of Diana, surely they can find someone with a better likeness!

Lily :flowers:

Lily97 said:
Hmmm wasn't it Diana who had one of the biggest auctions of all time of her gowns and gave the money to charity? I wouldn't call that greed.

I too can't picture Lindsey Lohan playing the role of Diana, surely they can find someone with a better likeness!

Lily :flowers:

Well I think the point was that she had to have an auction because she had nowhere else to put the stuff.

Even Diana admitted she was a shop-a-holic; its not the worse sin in the world as long as you have the money (and space) for it.

I agree it isn't the worst sin but she did wear alot of outfits over and over albeit revised and I think the public assumed she would be in new gowns for events. I do think, even though I read it was William's idea, it was one of the best things she ever did for charity was to sell those gowns as they are still making money today due to her untimely death. Very sad though.

Lily:flowers:

Lily97 said:
Hmmm wasn't it Diana who had one of the biggest auctions of all time of her gowns and gave the money to charity? I wouldn't call that greed. :flowers:
I was laughing at the new name for an age old problem. It used to be called avarice, then being a shopaholic and now oneomania. :lol: (I have nothing against shopaholics or sufferers of oneomania as long as they can afford it and are spending their own money, not mine)

Last edited:
Those pictures look great. This artist has immortalised Themost photographed woman of the 20th century.

I like the idea of the pictures, but I'm not sure I like how they look. Some of them have no resemblance with Diana, in my opinio.

Lily97 said:
I agree it isn't the worst sin but she did wear alot of outfits over and over albeit revised and I think the public assumed she would be in new gowns for events. I do think, even though I read it was William's idea, it was one of the best things she ever did for charity was to sell those gowns as they are still making money today due to her untimely death. Very sad though.

Lily:flowers:

I knew some of her dresses sold at that auction had done handsomely in the re-sale market but I didn't realize the gowns were still making money as we speak.

I think Diana originally said she wanted to get rid of all her eighties stuff (some of the clothing from that decade was decidedly over the top; I cringe when I see pouf skirts today) and then William had the idea to have an auction for charity.

So I think William gets equal credit for the deal! I was rather turned off by the event itself though because one buyer said she had to have one of Diana's dresses because it still had Diana's perspiration stains. That's a rather inglorious image of Diana even if you do love her.

Avalon said:
I like the idea of the pictures, but I'm not sure I like how they look. Some of them have no resemblance with Diana, in my opinio.

I can't see the pictures.

As we have reached the 11th page it's time for a new thread.

The Late Princess Diana News Thread 5, commencing April 2007, can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom