The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Diana DVD

If you happen to live in the UK, there is a freed Diana DVD with today's Daily Mail.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The sun's Arthur Edward's tribute to Princess Diana
The Sun Online - News: My Diana: Our Arthur's tribute

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana fund to give 10m to refugees and asylum seekers
Diana fund to give 10m to refugees and asylum seekers | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

the british newspapers start with the tributes, I hope that here happend the same thing, diana was and is very loved here.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM

The news story about giving money to asylum seekers is certainly not intended to be a tribute.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

i have a confession to make, i wanted to post this last summer but i felt bad because im not sure if anyone else out here had time or had excess to the diana exhibit. so tooting my own horn, i saw the exhibit. princess diana had so many beautiful cloths, jewels, etc. i never thought i would ever see her wedding gown. outside of tv but there it was and it is beautiful. very 80's style but the different small details made the dress stand out even more than i remember. there was a room decated to condolence books. this room was at least 15 feet long and 8 feet wide with a large glass square box which stood in the middle of the room-it was filled with condolence books. if u were standing at the entrace of the room decated to condolence books, all along four walls were more large glass boxes, they too were fill full of condolence books. the sight was amazing.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

And more:
Telegraph.co.uk

"Grants will also be given to develop alternatives to custodial sentences for young offenders, to help the growing Roma community of travellers and gypsies, and for lesbian and gay parents who have learning difficulties."

The last item seems "narrowcasting" to a high degree.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think its wonderful that the fund is donating great sums of money to help others.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Easy for you to say when you don't live here. Immigration is a hugely controversial topic that stirs up alot of emotions on all sides. Very unwise to give large sums of money to Roma and travellers and asylum seekers when a large majority would have those groups strung up for even attempting to enter Britain in the first place. Slippery slope.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Easy for you to say when you don't live here. Immigration is a hugely controversial topic that stirs up alot of emotions on all sides. Very unwise to give large sums of money to Roma and travellers and asylum seekers when a large majority would have those groups strung up for even attempting to enter Britain in the first place. Slippery slope.
If Diana had wanted her charity money donated to this cause, then I approve.

I highly dislike the demonization of immigrants that occurs in attitudes of citizens of Western democracies today.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-01-2007, 05:58 PM

Well, with respect, it isn't for you to approve or disapprove because the fund isn't financing anything in your country, it's financing things in the UK. Things that aren't popular. Diana interfered in controversial issues when she was alive, does a fund in her name have to carry on the tradition?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes she did interfere in controversial issues. But those issues needed to be heard. And also BeatrixFan there are many immigrants here in N.Y. but I don't let it get to my head.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Well, with respect, it isn't for you to approve or disapprove because the fund isn't financing anything in your country, it's financing things in the UK. Things that aren't popular. Diana interfered in controversial issues when she was alive, does a fund in her name have to carry on the tradition?
Your tax money isn't paying for it either. I don't like the demonization of immigrants in any country even my own. There is a wealth of righteous indignation and disgust at those who are different with an unhealthy dose of paranoia going around these days and if someone or some fund can make a difference, then I heartily approve.

Diana is dead and when she died she wasn't a member of the Royal Family anymore. Her responsibility to maintain the apolitical stance of the British Royal Family ended with her divorce.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM

Ahem. When did I mention tax money? The fact is that this fund is causing problems. More problems than it's worth. The Government are trying to tackle illegal campsites etc, the Diana fund are giving them money. Where's the sense in it? Nobody is demonising immigrants but if you lived here, you'd realise that it's an issue that alot of people are passionate about and simply put, there are integration problems. Again, it's for the Government to put things right not the Diana fund, the same as it was for the Government to deal with landmines, not Diana herself. This fund is making a difference but it's not a positive one. It's simply throwing money at asylum seekers. If it really wanted to help, why doesn't the Diana fund concentrate more on integration? Or is this in the true style of Diana and it's anything to create a photograph that looks good and tugs at the heartstrings?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't recall that Diana was particularly focussed on Travellers and gypsies when she was alive; I'm not sure that asylum seekers were such a contentious group 10 years ago as they are now, but I know Travellers have always raised people's hackles. Does anyone know what basis was used to decide where this money was going?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Again, it's for the Government to put things right not the Diana fund, the same as it was for the Government to deal with landmines, not Diana herself.
The government is more interested in getting itself re-elected than solving problems. In the hands of a politician, any issue becomes a campaign slogan and the saaviest of politicians know how to take up a cause of moral indignation to appeal to the lowest common loathing of the masses and they point their guns to whatever the common target of the public loathing is. If you're the popular target for politicians and the public, then your life is a bloody hell.

Mind you I don't think the British government is alone in this; other governments including my own are just as bad. But I don't think its a matter of just getting them to talk like us, act like us, think like us, so we can't tell the difference anymore.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Who IS Responsible For Diana's Most Famous Title?

The Royalist - Who IS Responsible For Diana's Most Famous Title?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02
Who IS Responsible For Diana's Most Famous Title?

The Royalist - Who IS Responsible For Diana's Most Famous Title?
the diana title ''the people's princess'' was used for first time for tony blair the diana's death day in the speech when diana's body back to england and the title of ''queen of heart'' diana def used that title in the panorama interview
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had always thought that Blair was the one who came up with "The People's Princess" but sadly it was just one of his advisers. I personally like to remember her as The Queen of Hearts.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
. I personally like to remember her as The Queen of Hearts.
yeah, my too. She chosse that nickname

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana