The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 3: September 2005-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really sad in a way for this man. His affair is over for more than a decade. He still can't find a meaningful relationship with another lady and move on in life. Probably in another 10 or 15 years, he'll come up with something else from that liaison.

una said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Hewitt met Di at a polo match just before the wedding. Can't find it now.

You might be referring to Max Clifford's book, Read All About It. That's what Clifford said about their first meeting.

Incas said:
It's really sad in a way for this man. His affair is over for more than a decade. He still can't find a meaningful relationship with another lady and move on in life. Probably in another 10 or 15 years, he'll come up with something else from that liaison.

It really isn't sad, it is pathetic. He continues to use Diana as a way to cash in. He is despicable as is Al-Fayed.:mad: :mad: He doesn't want a decent relationship with a woman, he is a gold digger plain and simple. He wants a woman who is going to give him money and fame. That is all James Hewitt cares about. He will spend the rest of his life trying to cash in on Diana. He is a disgrace to the human race!!!

He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years. Not just the bad Charles left her alone stuff. They had fun together. I don't much care for him, but I wouldn't go so far to say his ia a disgrace to the human race. I save that title to the likes of dictators and murderers.

emily62_1 said:
A British reporter got a lock of Harry's hair and they compared his DNA to Charles', don't know how did they get his DNA, anyway, Harry is Charles' son, no doubt about it, but Hewitt is desperate, craving for money, heavy in debt, so he had 2nd thought and he's now saying he suddenly remembered he and Di met 4 years earlier..... very pathetic, what a lousy b.......

When did that happen? I know they'd got as far as having some woman or other get a hair of Harry's but I thought that was the extent of it and that no DNA tests were ever done.

It would be pretty easy, I think. Just get hold of somebody's hair brush or bribe someone connected to their hairdresser. (But it could be done just as easily by grabbing their chapstick or toothbrush too.)

Incas said:
He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years. Not just the bad Charles left her alone stuff. They had fun together. I don't much care for him, but I wouldn't go so far to say his ia a disgrace to the human race. I save that title to the likes of dictators and murderers.

Diana's taste in men was faulty in some instances. (I never could figure out the Dodi thing, except for $.)

iowabelle said:
You might be referring to Max Clifford's book, Read All About It. That's what Clifford said about their first meeting.
Thanks, I read about the book coming out recently, that must be it.

Incas said:
He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years.
Hewitt's not a bad man. He only ever wanted to be a career soldier like his father, was good at it and enjoyed it. When he lost his career because of the Diana affair, he lost his only income and direction in life, and has rattled around ever since. The tabloids have made a villain out of him. They say he's charming, good with horses and women.

iowabelle said:
Diana's taste in men was faulty in some instances. (I never could figure out the Dodi thing, except for $.)

Hi iowabelle,

I would agree with you there. Diana was attracted to openly demonstrative men and some of these guys were not as nice as they appeared. One of my friends is very like that and had some bad relationships. She learned to choose an expressive man who was as good inside as outside but it took years for her to get the knack.

una said:
Maybe Hewitt wanted to sell this lucrative piece of information. Up until now, he held back because he didn't want to hurt the people involved. But Harry has just turned 21, old enough to deal with it. Still, Hewitt doesn't want to take the blame for revealing it in cold blood, so dreams up this hypnosis. Quite clever really.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hewitt met Di at a polo match just before the wedding. Can't find it now.

he does not care about Harry, he and Di met when she took her 2 kids to him to teach them, there are the pix to show this is the only truth-

Elspeth said:
When did that happen? I know they'd got as far as having some woman or other get a hair of Harry's but I thought that was the extent of it and that no DNA tests were ever done.

I think that happened a couple of years back, I read it both in It mags and English 1s, the reporter was a woman from an English newspaper.

There is more than one book suggesting that Princess Diana was the first one in the marrigae to have love affairs outside her marriage with Prince Charles. I know Penny Junior is in Pro-Charles camp but I am not sure whether Lady Campell is Pro-Charles. She seemed not to know Prince Charles in Person. The truth is not important now. Even Charles and Camilla got married now. Just let Princess Diana rest in peace and keep her perfect image in people's hearts. Sometimes truth is very painful.

according to hola.com the brother of diana, earl spencer is expecting his 2nd child with his wife caroline in march 2006

If that was true wouldn't it be all over the television...How reliable is the Daily Express?

Not particularly. I wouldn't pay much attention to claims by any of the tabloids until they've been confirmed by less sensationalist sources.

During her life, Diana railed against those who were making money off of her. It seems so amazingly awful people she trusted are doing just that. I read Simone Simmons latest book; save your money. The only interesting part was Diana's comments, if you can believe Simone, about the dresses she chose for auction and how she hated this one or that. For those interested, she hated and was only too happy to part with #79 (the Travolta dress which she said she hated because it reminded her of Charles and the bad time they were having that night), #75 (she liked but could no longer fit into), #31, #s 48 and 59 (she called "the curtains"), #23 (because it looked like a child's birthday cake), #28, #43, #34 (too old fashioned), and the one on page 116 of the catalog because she had loaned it to Carolyn Bartholemew who had kept it for a long time then returned it looking in shabby condition. She also hated the Galliano dress for Dior because it looked like a nightgown. Had he used the fabric she'd selected, she thought it would've looked far better.

All in all, I find it loathesome these people--and a "spiritual healer"--are so eager to get these books out around the anniversary of Diana's death. Of course, I'm part of the problem too because I buy the books!

THanks for the heads up on the Simmons book, Maryshawn.
It doesn't make sense to me if, as Simmons claims, Diana hated #28, the strapless blue tulle gown with silver stars....after all, it was one of the few she wore for the new Snowdon portraits in the catalog. I would think she had some say on which ones she was willing to put on.
Also #116, the lilac gown w/long sleeves and multi-colored embroidered bodice is so famous because she wore it on their Korean tour in 1992 and looked so miserable....it seems strange it would be lent to her friend since I think it was a well-known gown of Diana's.

Oh, it's such a disgusting rehash of things and so much is purely Simmons opinion or recounting of things--with no one to corroborate. I, too, wondered about her comments she attributed to Diana about the dresses she claimed not to like....or the one she said Carolyn Bartholemew had borrowed and worn over and over, then returned in bad shape (it was so well known.....I can't imagine a friend wearing it often). Yes, why would she sit for Snowdon in one of the ones she despised? Which was the one she couldn't fit into any longer? I'll have to look it up quickly.
Lady Jean said:
THanks for the heads up on the Simmons book, Maryshawn.
It doesn't make sense to me if, as Simmons claims, Diana hated #28, the strapless blue tulle gown with silver stars....after all, it was one of the few she wore for the new Snowdon portraits in the catalog. I would think she had some say on which ones she was willing to put on.
Also #116, the lilac gown w/long sleeves and multi-colored embroidered bodice is so famous because she wore it on their Korean tour in 1992 and looked so miserable....it seems strange it would be lent to her friend since I think it was a well-known gown of Diana's.

75 was the long black Victor Edelsten dress she wore to a few premieres. It is sleek looking but she wore it at a time when she was not anorexic looking.....I don't know if I believe Simone on this one either. Simone also wrote Diana offered her a few dresses. Please. Ms. Simmons is much larger than Diana; I don't think Diana would've given her some of these dresses as there is no way they would've fit.

List of Burrell Items from Diana

I was leafing through a "Hello" magazine issue and there was a list of things Mr. Burrell had in his home. They include:

A blue and white versace dress and hats; PB said they were to be destroyed but he could not do so after her death. I thought Diana's sisters and mothers went through her wardrobe and made these decisions. He was spotted taking some dresses out of her apartment at 3 AM one morning and said he was just "being discreet in moving some of the things Diana's family wanted him to move."

Negatives of Diana in her wedding dress. PB said he held onto them "because his emotions were so raw after her death."

Framed photos of Prince William with models Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer and Christie Turlington; PB was told to destroy these but "thought William might want them someday." Well, then why didn't he give them to William?

Computer floppy disc containing Diana's personal accounts with "Princess-Private" on its label; PB said he had been given it "for safekeeping by a member of the Princess' staff." Well, this is another item which should have been given to family or her sons.

Nightwear including Diana's monogrammed pajamas; PB was asked to dispose of them but couldn't say why he did not and they were still in his bedroom 3 years later. This is rather creepy. He was keeping her nightwear in his bedroom????

Two family albums PB "decided to keep safe for William and Harry." Again, why not give them to her sons then?

Jewelry box; PB was asked to dispose of it but decided "Diana would have been happy for him to have it."

Bound volume of original watercolors, a gift from the Royal Institute to the Prince and Princess of Wales "being stored by him in his loft because he couldn't deal with it."

Personal letters to William starting with "My dear Wombat" and photos of Harry right after his birth being held by William. PB didn't offer an explanation for holding onto these.

My cynicism about some of Diana's "friends" has grown over the years and, when I read about the things he hung onto, my skepticism about his intent just continues to grow. Clearly, most of these things were meant for Diana's sons. Paul Burrell had many opportunities to turn them over but was "too grief stricken" to do so. And Diana's sons weren't grieving just as hard, if not far more? It just irritates me no end he kept things which may have given some comfort to her sons--like the photos and letters! And holding onto her pajamas, keeping them in his bedroom, really does give me the creeps about him! Wonder what his wife thought about it......:confused:

Maybe he was waiting for an appropriate time to give some of the items to the boys...like a special birthday, aniversary, or something--I don't know.

i wonder too what Maria Burrell thought of all of the things he kept, esp. the nightclothes. I wonder if he has been as thorough in keeping his own family's mementoes, such as photos and other keepsakes. They seem to have taken a backseat to his devotion to D.

What Maria Burrell thought of the whole thing might be best summed up by the words Diana used in her Panorama interview "There were three of us in this marriage so it was a bit crowded." In several of the books I've read, like the one by Anne Edwards, this was a phrase borrowed from Mrs. Burrell regarding her marriage and her husband's devotion to Diana.

I don't think Paul Burrell was "in love" with Diana, for I believe he is not a "woman's man" even though he is married and has two children. He was and still is "in love" with power of his knowledge and what he can do with it to hurt Diana, William, and Harry to his financial advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom