The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

is true :( , very true

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

Well at first I had this feeling, btu maybe William is doing the best he can and is really being the adult in this terrible situation. But I look forward to when he becomes king b/c I am sure his true feelings will come out. I am sure his cosying is just for public display in the wishes taht evrything will stabilize and so that there will not be any speculations and such. To me, camilla is having her fun, but when William becomes King everything will be set the way they really shoudl be. And he will honor his mum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Prince William's got such a cheek criticising people for betraying his mother.Camilla broke Diana's heart more than anyone yet he's never done cosying up to her. I'm sure HIS betrayal would have devastated Diana much more than anything anyone else has done. I really have no time for him or Harry not just for the aforementioned reason but because of the remote self-indulgent lifestyle they lead. Contrary to what Diana wished they seem to be very out of touch with ordinary people and their friends appear snobbish and boorish in the extreme.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well at first I had this feeling, btu maybe William is doing the best he can and is really being the adult in this terrible situation. But I look forward to when he becomes king b/c I am sure his true feelings will come out. I am sure his cosying is just for public display in the wishes taht evrything will stabilize and so that there will not be any speculations and such. To me, camilla is having her fun, but when William becomes King everything will be set the way they really shoudl be. And he will honor his mum.
Amen, Reina
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=rchainho]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Princess Diana's wedding dress auctioned for $2 million (Contact Music News, June 3 2005)QUOTE]

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=812&Itemid=2
I was alarmed when I first saw this. The headline doesn't mention that it was only leftover pieces of the materials used to make the gown was what was actually sold. I can't imagine Great Britian parting with such a treasure as Diana's wedding gown, especially since she's now deceased. I still miss her:(
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I still miss her too, every day
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm sure he'll honour his mum, but if Camilla outlives Charles I don't think we'll see anything like William snubbing her in public. If nothing else, I hope he'll bear in mind the awful publicity that Charles Spencer incurred by literally turning his stepmother out of Althorp as soon as his father died, and will behave with more class and consideration toward Camilla than Charles Spencer did toward Raine.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm sure he'll honour his mum, but if Camilla outlives Charles I don't think we'll see anything like William snubbing her in public. If nothing else, I hope he'll bear in mind the awful publicity that Charles Spencer incurred by literally turning his stepmother out of Althorp as soon as his father died, and will behave with more class and consideration toward Camilla than Charles Spencer did toward Raine.
I agree! I think William has a lot more maturity than some of us are giving him credit for. Yes, perhaps he is just being nice to Camilla in public just so the media will quit speculating about his relationship with her. But personally, I think he is being kind to her for another reason - he loves his father and wants him to be happy. Camilla makes Charles happy, therefore William has more or less accepted her for his father's sake. Don't get me wrong, I am NO fan of Camilla's and have only the minimum of admiration for Charles. But I think, unfortunately that as a child, William was witness to in his parents, the horrible affects of bitterness, anger, resentment. He probably realizes that this is not the road he wants to go down. His acceptance of Camilla does not mean he loves his mother any less. It only means he is becoming a mature young man.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

let the poor woman rest in peace already
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Commoner

Prince William is "mature beyond his years"

I mean that Prince William shows respect to everyone - that can only be good for Camilla and himself and the whole family. Respect = Less Tension

He is "mature beyond his years" which is lucky for him, because some people do not know about showing respect when they are even 40 or 50 or 80 years old!!!

Old 07-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=940&Itemid=2

What Diana told Mum on phone as their relationship hit rock bottom
Old 07-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/w...st/4693205.stm
Artist demands Diana picture back
An artist has asked for his Princess Diana portrait back because another picture of her was moved when Prince Charles visited Cardiff City Hall.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Gentry

Psychic chat about Diana and royals

Just thought I'd let people know about a free chat that will take place Aug. 31 for the anniversary of Diana's passing. It will be held by psychic/medium Kenny Kingston, who's been psychic to members of the British Royal Family and did an eerie aura reading for Diana in the British papers years ago. Thought it might be nice to have people join in, express their feelings on Diana and the royals, ask Kingston questions, etc. Details at www.kennykingston.org. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

i got bad news from Mirror and Sky news that the car crash shipping to London,England but im really shock in the articles! but i cant believe it! i wanted let Princess Diana rest in peace to low-profiles!

Sara Boyce
Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think, nor do I hope, that William will treat camilla like Charles Spencer did Raine. I hope he gives his mom back the style of HRH and that camilla is put more in the background.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't think, nor do I hope, that William will treat camilla like Charles Spencer did Raine. I hope he gives his mom back the style of HRH and that camilla is put more in the background.

I couldn't agree with you more, Reina!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
i would agree with you!

but i think William would never treat his step-mother neither! since Prince Charles marry to Camilla

and Princess Diana really hating her step-mother also! she recalled her as anti-rania when Diana was child and her dad marry Rania and Diana dont like to visit step-mother since her father's death in 1992 before Diana's death she visit her step-mother for lunch or whatever!

Sara Boyce
Old 07-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Countess Spencer's name was Raine, not Rania, that's the current Queen of Jordan. And Diana called Raine "acid Raine", not "anti-Rania". Anyhow, I saw pictures of Diana and Raine together, lunch & social gatherings, after her divorce. They were together at the Christie's viewing for the dress auction in London. So I don't think Diana hated her step-mother, more like a child's grudge against anyone taking away her father's affection. The only other explanation would be Diana was in desperate need of friends at the end of her life, even an "evil step-mother" was welcome.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

This is a really funny item on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Welsh-Princess-D...QQcmdZViewItem

There is a card which purportedly autographed by Diana. However, the card cover has 1961-1997 on it, which indicated it was printed after her death. Now how did a dead woman sign an autograph?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was just surfing the web and have seen several stories reporting results of the French investigation into Diana's death. The French are reporting that Diana was on her cell phone at the time of the crash and they are seeking the person she was speaking with.

(If it's true, I wonder why they couldn't find this person earlier, it doesn't seem to be hard to figure out who's been called on a cell phone.)
Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

WEll they had a got to talking to each other and getting to understand each other more and more, especially about Diana's dad. So Diana forgave and asked for forgiveness. Diana was doing this alot towards the end of her death, which makes me feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Countess Spencer's name was Raine, not Rania, that's the current Queen of Jordan. And Diana called Raine "acid Raine", not "anti-Rania". Anyhow, I saw pictures of Diana and Raine together, lunch & social gatherings, after her divorce. They were together at the Christie's viewing for the dress auction in London. So I don't think Diana hated her step-mother, more like a child's grudge against anyone taking away her father's affection. The only other explanation would be Diana was in desperate need of friends at the end of her life, even an "evil step-mother" was welcome.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana