The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 1: December 2002-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this article sandee. I heard about this on the news this morning and read several different articles on it. This latest news certainly fuels the conspiracy theories that circulated after Princess Diana's death about the car accident not being such an accident.

I hope that this isn't true for William and Harry's sakes, in that they might be led to believe that people who work closely with their grandmother, the Queen, and/or their father, the future King, put a bounty on their mother's head and had her killed so she wouldn't be a "nuissance."

I don't doubt that Diana's fears were legitimate, but I hope, too, that she was wrong about the plot to get rid of her.

How horrible for her sons and her family to be re-hashing this situation again.

how shame to makes air over Prince William and Harry over his mom's death and i been filed in Diana's news but i did makes myself shames also!

i watch news today makes me freak for sakes! its would be ONE DAY! if more for later days its would makes me worse for me! and i would makes me heartbroken over news on the computer!

if William will fist over report and tv crews and leave him alone and also Harry too over his mom's death i wishes it! because William is future King of England.

what you think?

Sara Boyce

I've read quite a bit about Princess Diana & her death, & I've always kinda thought that there was something kinda odd about it. I truly hope that there was no foulplay by the Queen or RF, especially for Prince William & Prince Harry's sake. But if there was, I wouldn't be surprised. I will point out thou that Camilla's ex-husband would have to die before her & Prince Charles could marry, considering the current rules. Or course, he wasn't a big issue to the RF like Princess Diana was, but still.

If the Princess was killed on purpose, can you imagine what it would do to the monarchy. Can you say, revolution? That is why I don't think that if she really was killed by the RF that it will ever come out, the RF will make sure of that. Of course it would be extremely interest if it did come out.

Someone on a talk show was commenting on this. She didn't put much stock in the reports... "Why would Diana be writting letters to people who lived in the same house?" :)

Diana was, after her divorce, quite paranoid by many accounts. And, as others have mentioned, if it was designed to get her out of the way, Mr. Parker-Bowles would need to die. It is all a load of crap quite frankly, there would never be a reason for her to die. The Anglican church would never have married Charles to his former mistress.(The church recently reiterated that policy, but it has always been a policy) If Charles wanted to marry her, he would have HAD to go to the Church of Scotland, which will marry people even if the ex-spouse was alive.

As for the Queen being named in the letter, I doubt it. Burrell supposedly withheld the conversation he had with the Queen, even when it would have saved his own skin. If this letter IS on the up and up, it is unlikely he would have been so quick to protect the Queen. Besides, Paul says the Queen speaks of "Dark forces" that the Queen herself doesn't recall speaking about.

On a scale of 1-10 for relevance to Diana's death. I give the letter a 2.

On a scale of 1-10 for Paul Burrell's credibility in this matter.... -1

Originally posted by Elliadrill@Oct 20th, 2003 - 8:23 pm
And, as others have mentioned, if it was designed to get her out of the way, Mr. Parker-Bowles would need to die.
Parker-Bowles has never been in the way as Diana was. Diana's death was a blessing for the monarchy to continue as is and for Charles to regain his so-called status. However, I doubt the royal family had anything to do with her death. If someone was responsible for deliberately causing the accident, the RF would have been kept in the dark.

The evidence I found most troubling was that the coroner said the driver had no odor of alcohol, during autopsy, which was always pronounced in those with his supposed blood alcohol level. Moreover, Henri Paul had no pathology of being a heavy drinker, contrary to popular spin.

The letter Diana wrote to Paul Burrel:

NYHETER-21s09-dianabrevet-23_368.jpg

I can't believed that this letter is coming out until now.. but I'm glad it did... most people think that it was add the way she died and so did I... but with this letter everything changes... for one... she didn't have many people to count on..so writing a letter was the best way she could think of to tell people of what was really happening what she was going thrue in that part of her life... even after her death she is still proving us of how bad her life was still.

JUN5 I don't know how you do it?. :huh: .. but thanks for doing it.. this pictures are great haft of them I hadn't see them ;)

The Late Princess Diana

Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000183223_016.jpg
    0000183223_016.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 0000276829_001.jpg
    0000276829_001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 288
  • AADS002863.jpg
    AADS002863.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 287
  • DWF15_262750.jpg
    DWF15_262750.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 263
  • HU054552.jpg
    HU054552.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 340
  • AADS003017.jpg
    AADS003017.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 273
  • AADS002829.jpg
    AADS002829.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 197
  • AADS002571.jpg
    AADS002571.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 185
  • AADS002133.jpg
    AADS002133.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 216
  • AADS002069.jpg
    AADS002069.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• AADS002813.jpg
    AADS002813.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 205
  • AADS002824.jpg
    AADS002824.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 241
  • AADS002066.jpg
    AADS002066.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 259
  • AADS002067.jpg
    AADS002067.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 0000330714_013.jpg
    0000330714_013.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 0000330714_011.jpg
    0000330714_011.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 0000330714_010.jpg
    0000330714_010.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 189
  • AADS001198.jpg
    AADS001198.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 0000330714_005.jpg
    0000330714_005.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 205
  • AADS004435.jpg
    AADS004435.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 203
Richard Kay and Gordon Rayner
22oct03

PRINCES William and Harry were feeling betrayed last night and Prince Charles was plunged into fresh despair after an explosive letter was published in which Princess Diana predicted her death.

The boys were "angry and upset' that Paul Burrell, Diana's former butler, had kept the letter secret from an inquiry into their mother's death before cashing in by using it as the centrepiece of a book.

In the document, written in October 1996, Diana names someone she believes is planning "an accident" involving her car.

The question facing Mr Burrell was why he chose to keep the letter secret for six years.

French police who investigated the 1997 car crash last night expressed dismay that Mr Burrell had not passed it to them.

They said it was important enough to reopen their investigation.

The letter is also likely to become evidence in a forthcoming British inquest into Diana's death.

A member of Prince Charles's staff contacted William at St Andrews University and Prince Harry in Australia to tell them about the letter.

A royal source said: "Once again, Princes William and Harry feel they have been let down, not by a friend but by a former member of staff."

The princes are understood to have dismissed any suggestion that their mother was murdered.

The revelations in the book, which include details of Diana's torment over her divorce, will be a blow to Charles's efforts to gain public acceptance of Camilla Parker Bowles as his consort.

It brings back into sharp focus the role Mrs Parker Bowles played in the break-up of the marriage, the pain of which "nearly killed" Diana.

Sources close to Charles said the publication of the letter had plunged him into fresh despair. Mr Burrell claims Diana gave him the handwritten note "to keep . . . just in case".

In it, she says: "This particular phase of my life is the most dangerous. X (she names someone who cannot be identified for legal reasons) is planning 'an accident' in my car. Brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry."

The uncanny similarity to the way in which she met her death prompted Mohammed Al Fayed, the father of Diana's boyfriend Dodi, to demand a public inquiry into the crash.

Diana's note expresses her pain at the way she was treated by Charles and the royal family.

"I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now . . . but I will never surrender. I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies," she wrote.

"Thank you, Charles, for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me. I have gone forward fast and have cried more than anyone will ever know."

Mr Burrell last night released another letter in which Prince Philip told Diana Charles must have been crazy to leave her.

"I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla," Philip wrote in a letter penned in 1992, as Charles and Diana's marriage was disintegrating.

Mr Burrell also revealed Diana was obsessed with being monitored by the security services. He said he once helped the princess roll back the carpet in her Kensington Palace room at to check for bugs.

But Diana did not hold the Queen responsible for her unhappiness. "I just long to hug my mother-in-law, and tell her how deeply I understand what goes on inside her," she wrote. - DAILY MAIL

I wishes William wanted knew about what happened over his mom's news but he never knew about it! and also Harry was in Australia for Gap Year but both got upset!

Paul Burrell makes book but William would wanted knew about Paul Burrell's new book if William would makes more upset over his mom's book same in 2000 when he got face to face of press almost four year ago about his mom's new book called "shadow of princess" and more books from his mom's private secretary and her police bodyguard also! if William would face to face again for sure!

Sara Boyce

in a new book, senior Palace sources have revealed.

Philip fury at butler
By Valentine Low, Evening Standard
21 October 2003

Prince Philip is "appalled" that Paul Burrell has used private letters he wrote to Princess Diana in a new book, senior Palace sources have revealed.

The Duke of Edinburgh is understood to be particularly angry over the use of one letter that revealed he could "not imagine anyone in their right mind" leaving her for Camilla Parker Bowles. In another letter, Philip castigated Diana for her behaviour, which he claimed was partly responsible for driving Charles into the arms of his lover.

The Duke wrote to Diana at the height of her marriage crisis in 1992: "We do not approve of either of you having lovers. Charles was silly to risk everything with Camilla for a man in his position. We never dreamed he might feel like leaving you for her. I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla."

Royal aides say the reason for his fury is the former royal butler's "blatant breach of confidence" and his decision to cash in on letters that were never his property.

The prince is also "deeply concerned" about the impact of Mr Burrell's claims upon Diana's sons William and Harry who also feel betrayed by Mr Burrell. Sources close to 82-year-old Prince Philip say he will today consider consulting the Queen's solicitors about the implications of Mr Burrell quoting directly from his letters in the book, A Royal Duty, serialised in the Daily Mirror. They say Prince Philip believes there has been a clear breach of copyright over the former royal butler's use of his private correspondence.

One senior Buckingham Palace aide said: "These letters were private. They were written by the Duke of Edinburgh-to the Princess of Wales. At no stage were they written to her butler and there is no evidence that she bequeathed them to him. They were written by a concerned father-in-law to his daughter-in-law at a difficult time. It is appalling that somebody is using them simply to make money. They are, and never were, his intellectual property to use."

The source went on: "The Duke is appalled by the fact that letters he wrote privately have been used in this way."

Mr Burrell's decision to write his book and publish a letter in which Diana voiced fears about someone planning her death in a car crash been widely criticised.

Palace officials say William and Harry feel let down by Burrell and that they firmly believe that their mother was not murdered.

TWO-FACED EARL'S DIANA REBUKE
Oct 22 2003 Mirror

EARL Spencer stood looking down on the coffin from his elevated position in the ornate pulpit at Westminster Abbey.

As he spoke, his words rattled around in my mind, words he had directed at his sister: "Your mental problems ... Your fickle friendship ... I was a peripheral part of your life and that no longer saddens me ... Our relationship is the weakest I have with any of my sisters..."

That was what I heard as he delivered his emotionally charged masterpiece of oratory, speaking, "as the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock".

BRAZEN: Earl delivers his attack on royals from pulpit at Westminster Abbey

My ears weren't listening to his public funeral address delivered on 6 September 1997. I was recalling the private words he had delivered to the princess a year earlier on 4 April 1996; words the world should have heard before it jumped to its feet in a tearful ovation after his funeral speech.

As his voice echoed through God's house, I sat in the choir stalls, head bowed, suppressing disbelief as his carefully crafted words leaped from the pages in his hand and grabbed the monarchy by the throat, leaving the crowds outside applauding its public humiliation, while the master of the 'blood family' seized the most inappropriate moment to claim the moral high ground.

The hypocrisy masked by his eloquence was only known by the princess's real family: the people like me who knew her best, the surrogate family of chosen friends and confidants who knew the truth of this alienated brother-sister relationship.

I didn't see the closest of brothers walking into the pulpit that day. I saw a distant cousin who was once close in a faraway childhood; someone speaking on behalf of a remarkable adult he clearly loved but didn't know.

By his own private admission, he had only seen the princess around 50 times since she got married in 1981. He expressed that statistical truth in a rambling letter, which she read with me on the stairs at KP in the spring of 1996.

As the abbey and the nation were riveted by his funeral address, I found myself caught between two flashing images: the earl speaking fondly in the elevated pulpit above me; the princess on the stairs, holding one of his letters, entirely different in tone.

In the abbey in 1997, he said: "Fundamentally she had not changed at all from the big sister who mothered me as a baby."

Then my mind flashed back to 1996: "After years of neglect on both sides, our relationship is the weakest I have with any of my sisters ... perhaps you have more time to notice that we seldom speak."

And "I ... will always be there for you ... as a loving brother: albeit one who has, through 15 years' absence, rather lost touch - to the extent I have to read Richard Kay [in the Daily Mail] to learn that you are coming to Althorp...'

Back in the abbey: "Diana remained throughout a very insecure person - most childlike in her desire to do good for others so she could release herself from deep feelings of unworthiness of which her eating disorders were merely a symptom."

In 1996: "I fear for you. I know how manipulation and deceit are parts of the illness ... I pray that you are getting appropriate and sympathetic treatment for your mental problems."

The princess felt she was over her bulimia, but what upset her most was the suggestion that she was mentally ill. 'Mental problems' was a phrase she had thought she would only ever hear from the sniping friends of Prince Charles.

ATTACKED: Earl fired off hurtful letters to Diana

BACK in the abbey: "The world sensed this part of her character and cherished her vulnerability, while admiring her for her honesty."

In 1996: "I long ago accepted that I was a peripheral part of your life, and that no longer saddens me. Indeed, it's easier for me and my family to be in that position as I view the consternation and hurt your fickle friendship has caused so many..."

Then he referred to William and Harry. "We will not allow them to suffer the anguish that used regularly to drive you to tearful despair..." Another flashback: "I'm sorry but I've decided that the Garden House isn't a possible move now.

There are many reasons, most of which include the police and press interference which would inevitably follow."' That letter had driven the princess to tearful despair.

His request for the Spencer tiara had upset her, and his letter of April 1996 had brought tears again. Many commentators viewed his speech at Westminster Abbey as the expression of his pain for a sister badly treated by the system.

In my eyes, it was the words of a man riddled with guilt, focusing on childhood because of the distance that had come between them in adulthood. But he includedsome apt tributes, too, describing the "unique, the complex, the extraordinary and irreplaceable Diana, whose beauty, both external and internal, will never be extinguished from our minds".

And he captured the "joy for life, transmitted wherever you took your smile, and the sparkle in those unforgettable eyes..." I couldn't help feeling, though, that this man, who had caused his sister so much heartache in recent years, was not the man to speak on her behalf, to be the standard- bearer for the princess.

He had turned down her plea for sanctuary at her ancestral home, yet was preparing to accept her into the grounds now that she was dead.

I sat there thinking, how can he be so hypocritical in God's house? Nor could I believe that, on a day of remembrance for a remarkable life, the earl had chosen such a moment to make a veiled attack on the Royal Family, reminding the world that he, his sisters and mother were the blood family who would protect William and Harry "so that their souls are not simply immersed by duty".

Then Earl Spencer finished his address, and there came the sound of rippling applause, rolling in from the streets, through the Great West Door and down the nave; a Mexican wave of clapping.

I looked around and saw Elton John and George Michael clapping. Euphoria was greeting a travesty of the truth, and the Queen's humiliation was complete.ANemotional outburst from a Spencer was received warmly by a people who, that week, had turned like never before against the House of Windsor. I felt a profound sense of injustice.

The Royal Train was waiting for us in London, and I was invited to the family-only burial service, 70 miles away at Northamptonshire at the Althorp estate.

As the hearse carrying the princess collected a shower of flowers on its crawl through London and up the M1, I joined the Spencer family, Princes Charles, William and Harry aboard the train with its smart burgundy carriages, pulled by the two locomotives named 'Prince William' and 'Prince Henry'.

At Althorp Earl Spencer stood at the top of the long, rosewood table, telling everyone where to sit. I found myself positioned rather awkwardly between the Boss's mother and ex-husband, Mrs Frances Shand Kydd to the left, Prince Charles to the right.

It wasn't easy for the prince to be sitting there on Spencer territory, having endured the anti-Windsor tone of the earl's funeral address, knowing that all eyes were not looking at him kindly.

Conversation was difficult and stilted but - as the only one around that table who knew how civility had been restored between the prince and princess - I kept the small- talk rattling along, knowing that a conversation about Highgrove and its gardens would see us through the three- course meal.

"You must come down and see the gardens some time," said Prince Charles. "I would love to, Your Royal Highness," I replied, knowing that it was unlikely. William and Harry sat on the other side of their father, nearer the bottom of the table.

Both boys were quiet, chipping in with polite conversation now and again. As coffee was being served, a butler approached the earl and whispered in his ear.

He stood and left the room, and he must have been gone for about five minutes. When he returned, he announced, "Diana is home".' The burial service was 30 minutes long. What happened and what was said should remain private.

All I will say is that at the end I crouched down, picked up a handful of earth and dropped it on to the gold plate that read, 'Diana - Princess of Wales 1961-1997. Then I stood, and said aloud: "Goodbye, Your Royal Highness." We all reconvened in the drawing room for a cup of tea.

Everyone stood huddled in little chattering groups. Then Earl Spencer approached the television in the corner of the room, and switched it on. All eyes turned to the screen. The highlights of the funeral were being shown on one channel. Prince Charles and his sons stood there in silence. The room was silent.

Why are we watching this now? I thought. Then Earl Spencer's voice came out from the back of the television, filling the room. His echoing voice from Westminster Abbey. His speech from the pulpit. I have never been caught in such an awkward moment.

But Prince Charles was clearly not standing for a repeat performance of the humiliation. He put down his cup and saucer, and said to William and Harry, "I think it's about time we were leaving."

Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• AADS002825.jpg
    AADS002825.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 241
  • AADS002879.jpg
    AADS002879.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 214
  • AADS002876.jpg
    AADS002876.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 0000327758_005.jpg
    0000327758_005.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 0000327758_001.jpg
    0000327758_001.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 0000325545_007.jpg
    0000325545_007.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 0000325545_010.jpg
    0000325545_010.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 0000321598_007.jpg
    0000321598_007.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 0000278122_009.jpg
    0000278122_009.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 0000278122_012.jpg
    0000278122_012.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 269
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000275718_005.jpg
    0000275718_005.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 0000275718_004.jpg
    0000275718_004.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 0000283510_008.jpg
    0000283510_008.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 0000283510_011.jpg
    0000283510_011.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 0000293633_008.jpg
    0000293633_008.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 0000293632_002.jpg
    0000293632_002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 0000312137_005.jpg
    0000312137_005.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 0000312137_004.jpg
    0000312137_004.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 242
  • 0000304669_011.jpg
    0000304669_011.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 0000304669_010.jpg
    0000304669_010.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 185
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000327509_006.jpg
    0000327509_006.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 215
  • 0000317666_022.jpg
    0000317666_022.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 0000315091_011.jpg
    0000315091_011.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 0000303583_001.jpg
    0000303583_001.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 0000320837_001.jpg
    0000320837_001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 0000290424_001.jpg
    0000290424_001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 0000290424_002.jpg
    0000290424_002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 0000290402_005.jpg
    0000290402_005.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 0000290424_004.jpg
    0000290424_004.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 0000290424_006.jpg
    0000290424_006.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 224
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000318089_005.jpg
    0000318089_005.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 0000318089_007.jpg
    0000318089_007.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 0000295939_006.jpg
    0000295939_006.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 0000318089_002.jpg
    0000318089_002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 206
  • 0000318089_003.jpg
    0000318089_003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 244
  • 0000280113_001.jpg
    0000280113_001.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 0000307555_006.jpg
    0000307555_006.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 0000312767_003.jpg
    0000312767_003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 0000270845_016.jpg
    0000270845_016.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 0000279054_012.jpg
    0000279054_012.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 217
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• AADS002070.jpg
    AADS002070.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 190
  • DWF15_253546.jpg
    DWF15_253546.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 280
  • AADS001594.jpg
    AADS001594.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 275
  • AADS002090.jpg
    AADS002090.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 248
  • AADS001603.jpg
    AADS001603.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 222
  • AADS002707.jpg
    AADS002707.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 283
  • AADS002498.jpg
    AADS002498.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 264
  • AADS001590.jpg
    AADS001590.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 236
  • AADS002745.jpg
    AADS002745.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 290
  • ZCV98608.jpg
    ZCV98608.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 304
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• AADS002874.jpg
    AADS002874.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 0000277341_020.jpg
    0000277341_020.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 0000255499_007.jpg
    0000255499_007.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 0000276154_008.jpg
    0000276154_008.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 0000287055_002.jpg
    0000287055_002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 0000290590_006.jpg
    0000290590_006.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 0000290590_005.jpg
    0000290590_005.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 0000296917_015.jpg
    0000296917_015.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 272
  • 0000307336_005.jpg
    0000307336_005.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 0000307336_004.jpg
    0000307336_004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 222
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000306968_032.jpg
    0000306968_032.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 0000280132_008.jpg
    0000280132_008.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 0000280132_010.jpg
    0000280132_010.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 224
  • AADS002920.jpg
    AADS002920.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 225
  • DWF15_460645.jpg
    DWF15_460645.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 254
  • AADS002052.jpg
    AADS002052.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 207
  • DWF15_460623.jpg
    DWF15_460623.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 213
  • AADS002990.jpg
    AADS002990.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 0000308849_002.jpg
    0000308849_002.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 0000303222_008.jpg
    0000303222_008.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 228
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• AADS002967.jpg
    AADS002967.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 298
  • AADS002969.jpg
    AADS002969.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 0000281638_004.jpg
    0000281638_004.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 252
  • DWF15_460624.jpg
    DWF15_460624.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 215
  • DWF15_460644.jpg
    DWF15_460644.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 0000280293_003.jpg
    0000280293_003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 0000281440_003.jpg
    0000281440_003.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 229
  • 0000281440_004.jpg
    0000281440_004.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 0000289627_003.jpg
    0000289627_003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 0000300248_002.jpg
    0000300248_002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 284
Jun5... I feel like giving you a gift ..... this is a lot of work... thank you.... ;)

Originally posted by wlb825@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 1:50 pm
Jun5... I feel like giving you a gift ..... this is a lot of work... thank you.... ;)
your welcome ! :flower:

However I post the pics alone on this thred too much. It is my fault... :doh:

Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000303577_002.jpg
    0000303577_002.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 0000303577_003.jpg
    0000303577_003.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 0000303582_002.jpg
    0000303582_002.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 0000303582_004.jpg
    0000303582_004.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 0000303582_005.jpg
    0000303582_005.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 0000303625_008.jpg
    0000303625_008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 0000325484_004.jpg
    0000325484_004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 0000325484_005.jpg
    0000325484_005.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 0000325920_007.jpg
    0000325920_007.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 0000328467_024.jpg
    0000328467_024.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 253
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000328467_029.jpg
    0000328467_029.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 0000328467_032.jpg
    0000328467_032.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 0000328467_037.jpg
    0000328467_037.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 238
  • 0000328467_039.jpg
    0000328467_039.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 0000329878_017.jpg
    0000329878_017.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 251
  • AADS002541.jpg
    AADS002541.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 238
  • ZCV135713.jpg
    ZCV135713.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 216
  • AADS002985.jpg
    AADS002985.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 0000265834_100.jpg
    0000265834_100.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 0000270845_027.jpg
    0000270845_027.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 185
Princess Diana

from IBL

Attachments

• 0000261405_002.jpg
    0000261405_002.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 38595_03.jpg
    38595_03.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 389
  • 38595_01.jpg
    38595_01.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 264542x.jpg
    264542x.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 275787b.jpg
    275787b.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 363
  • 250131a.jpg
    250131a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 19368_01.jpg
    19368_01.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 32695_02.jpg
    32695_02.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 32695_07.jpg
    32695_07.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 542555_19.jpg
    542555_19.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 299
Princess Diana

Photos from Corbis

Attachments

• 0000276093_005.jpg
    0000276093_005.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 0000329178_013.jpg
    0000329178_013.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 0000188069_026.jpg
    0000188069_026.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 225
  • R93008047.jpg
    R93008047.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 0000282472_024.jpg
    0000282472_024.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 220
  • AADS002768.jpg
    AADS002768.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 0000284987_010.jpg
    0000284987_010.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 0000290551_003.jpg
    0000290551_003.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 0000289422_008.jpg
    0000289422_008.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 0000310857_003.jpg
    0000310857_003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 250
Earl says Diana's death 'always an accident'

Earl Spencer says he has never seen anything to suggest the crash in which his sister Diana died was anything but an accident.

Extracts published from a book by the princess's former butler, Paul Burrell, include a claim that Diana feared for her life and spoke of a plot to tamper with the brakes of her car.

But Earl Spencer told America's NBC television any suggestions of a conspiracy theory were nonsense. "My family and I are absolutely certain that we've never seen any evidence of that whatsoever," he said.

Extracts from the book, published in the Daily Mirror, also include a letter to Diana from her brother, expressing concern for her mental health. "I pray you're getting treatment for your mental problems," Earl Spencer allegedly wrote. "I know how manipulation and deceit are parts of the illness."

Earl Spencer told NBC he was angry Burrell had published the letter, saying: "Well first of all it is obviously private correspondence which has been taken out of context and out of time.

"I suppose all the loving letters I sent don't have the sell-ability that this one, which was trying to help her, a genuine attempt to help her, when she was at her most complex."

At the apparent request of the Duke of Edinburgh, Palace lawyers Farrer & Co are scrutinising extracts of the book, which is published on Monday.

Publisher Penguin said the Palace requested an advance copy of the book on Tuesday following stories in the Daily Mirror quoting letters to Diana from the Duke of Edinburgh.

Joanna Prior, at Penguin, said only extracts of the book were handed to the Palace to protect commercial agreements, including serialisation rights, ahead of publication.

Revelations that Diana feared a plot to cause a car crash have led to claims that the French police are considering reopening the investigation into the crash which killed her and boyfriend Dodi al Fayed. Dodi's father, Mohamed al Fayed, has called for an independent public inquiry into the deaths.

Story filed: 19:26 Wednesday 22nd October 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom