The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Mohamed al Fayed, the father of the man killed with Princess Diana in a 1997 car crash, has sued CBS for emotional distress for a broadcast last week which broke a long-standing taboo by showing a photo of Diana as she lay dying.

Fayed's lawyer Fred Gaines said on Tuesday that a lawsuit claiming invasion of privacy and emotional distress was filed in Los Angeles late last week after CBS broadcast the picture of the injured princess taken immediately after the August 1997 fatal accident in Paris.

Gaines told Reuters Fayed's lawsuit could possibly be expanded to cover a charge of defamation against the network.

Viewers caught only a few seconds glimpse of a grainy black and white photo of Diana in the back of the car but the decision by "48 Hours Investigates" to show the picture caused outrage in Britain.

CBS said it believed the lawsuit was "meritless and we intend to vigorously defend ourselves."

Fayed's son Dodi, the divorced Princess Diana's then boyfriend, was also killed in the August 1997 Paris crash. Gaines said Fayed, the owner of London's posh Harrods department store, had been concerned that CBS also planned to broadcast photos of his dying son Dodi.

No picture of Dodi were broadcast in last Wednesday's program but Gaines said Fayed's lawsuit was filed anyway.

The program examined and knocked down a number of conspiracy theories put forward principally by Fayed, including his belief that Diana and Dodi were murdered because their relationship was an embarrassment to Britain's royal family.

"To the extent that it (the TV program) addressed Mohamed al Fayed's beliefs in a very skeptical manner, we find that to be inappropriate and we are considering our reaction to that. We are examining whether we have appropriate claims for defamation at this point," Gaines said.

Gaines said that even though photographs of Dodi were not shown on the CBS show, Fayed was extremely upset.

"He was also very close, as was Dodi, to Princess Diana ... and he was also very upset that her photograph was used," Gaines said.

A French report concluded that the crash was caused by drunk driving and speeding by driver Henri Paul, who was also killed. Britain opened an inquest this year into Diana's death that will look into the various conspiracy theories that it has spawned.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

I happened upon a list of all the things Paul Burrell, Diana's "rock", "stole" from her home. First off, it's a joke. Yes, he should've returned the boys letters and other correspondence--but he was rushing as her family was busy shredding. But so many gifts are given to the royals, it is certainly not uncommon to give things to staff. Even Jackie Kennedy would clean out her things occasionally and give clothes she'd worn too often or didn't care for anymore to her secretary, dresser and friends.

What I found interesting was most of the purses' contents contained matches or lighters.....now, she didn't smoke so why would one always be in her bag? The only thing I can think of is that her boyfriend, Dr. Hasnat Khan, smoked and perhaps she included them for his cigarettes. This is trivial but interesting.....just like the story of Jackie Kennedy always carrying one saran wrapped dollar bill in her evening bags for luck. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy later gave it to Cindy Adams who'd been a friend of Jackie's.

I'm just thankful no one will ever publish the contents of my purses......mountains of receipts, lipsticks with no tops, more chapstick than one could ever use
......oh, and a starbucks card adn altoids, which are great when I can find them.

Mary Shawn

Old 05-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

HI Mary,

Im sure about Paul Burrell but he stole Princess Diana's estates about years ago he took Princess Diana's dress, work, etc.

but im sure you said about "boyfriend" but Princess Diana had many affairs since 1986 she had affair with army/ horse instructor, polo James Hewitt till 1990 they later she been transfed to many mans in her life like her mother did! because she Princess.

when i read articles in England because im American i love to read in England lots about Princess Diana and her sons, British Royal Family also but Paul Burrell who works for Princess Diana he been servant for Princess Diana since 1992 till 1997 when Diana's death.

they later after she died Paul Burrell makes published books to USA, England but I got that books but its really disagree about it many people not like him! you know that because he really means! I knew he really done he makes articles about Princess Diana and Prince William also but i really pissed off about articles! I would kept eyes of articles about Princess Diana's news when she died but i never met her.

the police asked to Prince William about his mother's estates because Paul Burrell stole his mother's estates but Prince William would knew about Paul Burrell! and Prince William really hated to add new book from Paul Burrell called Royal Duty.

if you like to read about Royal Duty but I dont like his book but he dont publishing!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read somewhere that even though Diana didn´t smoke, she didn´t mind when others, like family and friends, did. She had several ash trays (is it called that?&#33 at home and maybe thats also why she had matches in her bags?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@May 10th, 2004 - 10:53 am
I read somewhere that even though Diana didn´t smoke, she didn´t mind when others, like family and friends, did. She had several ash trays (is it called that?&#33 at home and maybe thats also why she had matches in her bags?
Diana never smoke! she is healthy Princess! for long time! why you asked for it!

she had been matches purse since her marriage to Royals in 1981 till separate in 1992 and divorces but the designer chose favorite Princess because she was popular Princess.

she wanted matches purse with clothes she wanted it! and also shoes too!

im sure i never knew about she would be popular Princess since she dating Prince Charles because her 2 sisters dating Prince Charles before her.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah, I think you misunderstood me...
Quote:
Diana never smoke! she is healthy Princess! for long time! why you asked for it!
If you read my message I wrote that she had astrays bacause her family and friends smoked and that she didn´t mind them doing it. I didn´t wrote she smoked herself.
Quote:
I thought that maryshawn meant "matches" that you use to light a fire with? Or does it mean something else?
Old 05-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@May 10th, 2004 - 3:51 pm
Sarah, I think you misunderstood me...
Quote:
If you read my message I wrote that she had astrays bacause her family and friends smoked and that she didn´t mind them doing it. I didn´t wrote she smoked herself.
Quote:
I thought that maryshawn meant "matches" that you use to light a fire with? Or does it mean something else?
oh please!

im not kinda misunderstanding! i knew about Princess Diana alright! but she never smoke when she got happily married and she grow 2 sons and 1 who is future King is Prince William still!

you makes me mistakes?

Sara Boyce
Old 05-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that her boyfriend, Dr. Hasnat Khan, smoked and perhaps she included them for his cigarettes.
I do hope Dr Khan isn't a smoker. I mean, I know that being a heart surgeon doesn't necessarily preclude a person from being a smoker, but it would be nice to think that he had more sense.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Im sure about Paul Burrell but he stole Princess Diana's estates about years ago he took Princess Diana's dress, work, etc.
Paul Burrell was acquitted on all charges. Legally that means he didn't steal anything of hers.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
im not kinda misunderstanding! i knew about Princess Diana alright! but she never smoke when she got happily married and she grow 2 sons and 1 who is future King is Prince William still!
you makes me mistakes?
You´re right Sarah, Diana never smoked (not that we know of anyway) I didnt said/wrote that.
I wrote that her FAMILY AND FRIENDS did. Thats why she had ashtrays... she didnt used them herself
Old 05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that her boyfriend, Dr. Hasnat Khan, smoked and perhaps she included them for his cigarettes.
I think I read in the book about Hasnath and Diana (I think its called Diana´s last love) that Hasnat Kahn both smoked and drank. Not like he was "addicted" but a little...
Diana apparently found this a bit strange. That he, who worked with ill people, did such things that harms the body...
Old 05-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

i found out this morning that Princess Diana would dump!

check it out!
http://www.mirror.com

click for 2 burrells story and james whittakers about why Princess Diana never loves Prince Charles and return to Camilla!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-28-2004, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Hi Sarah!!

thanks for the story, but it was not new to the diana-fans. In Mortons book it also written that Charles had that pact with his father to leave diana and return to camilla when the marriage wasn't happy anymore.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by royal_sophietje@May 28th, 2004 - 3:18 am
Hi Sarah!!

thanks for the story, but it was not new to the diana-fans. In Mortons book it also written that Charles had that pact with his father to leave diana and return to camilla when the marriage wasn't happy anymore.
i know!

i cant believe Diana left him to see Camilla lots! that riddance!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Nobility

I remember one of the handbags contained blue lipstick...I'm hoping that was one of Maria Burrell's bags that the police took by mistake. It seemed very strange. I know Diana liked to go out in disguise, but....
Old 05-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Royal Highness

YOU ARE WELCOME SARA
Old 05-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@May 28th, 2004 - 12:23 pm
I remember one of the handbags contained blue lipstick...I'm hoping that was one of Maria Burrell's bags that the police took by mistake. It seemed very strange. I know Diana liked to go out in disguise, but....
I hope you are right Lady Jean!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

This topic has run its course. Closed.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:24 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's late Princess Diana claimed Prince Charles made a secret pact with his father, allowing him to ditch her five years into their marriage, the Daily Mirror newspaper said on Thursday.

The latest accusation against Britain's heir to the throne comes from Diana's former butler Paul Burrell who has made a career from revealing lurid details of the private life of the late Princess.

Burrell said he saw a note from Diana to her father in law, Prince Philip, confronting him over the alleged pact, which allowed Charles to return to his former love, Camilla Parker Bowles, if Diana did not make him happy.

"This made me feel as if I was being offered to your family on a sale-or-return basis, and there is nothing royal about that," Burrell quotes Diana as writing in the note, published in a new chapter to his book "A Royal Duty."

"I have a husband who does not love me any more and, by his own admission, never has," she added.

Burrell added: "In her eyes, she had been sold to the royal family to produce an heir and a spare, in the form of William and Harry, and then returned to the wilderness."

Burrell's revelations about the Princess, who died in a Paris car crash in August 1997, have never failed to make the headlines -- most recently that Diana suspected Charles of plotting to kill her.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I found out about Princess Diana's mother died at 67 year old its really shocking news for her children.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/...ancesshandkydd/

and have more news from whole world about Princess Diana's mother dead

Sara Boyce

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana