The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Prince William to work at the Foreign Office to learn about diplomacy for when he is King - Mirror Online

Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William flies economy class for journey home from American wedding | Mail Online

Oh to be a fly on the bulkhead!

Old 05-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Did he take one of the complimentary pretzel bags?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

It was only the flight from Memphis to Dallas where he flew coach. Short flights like that probably don't even have a first class. I doubt he flew coach for the transatlantic portion of the flight home.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

That's a Boeing 777-300ER. It's capable of long-range flight, but I guess they were going to change planes in Dallas/Ft. Worth. I wonder where it went after it dropped the Memphis passengers in Dallas. Probably South America. I guess no one saw them on the plane back to the UK.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 57m
Pomp and ceremony for William: the Duke of Cambridge will take the salute at Beating Retreat on Horse Guards Parade on June 12.

That's right, keep up the ceremonial roles William.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals@britishroyals 7m
This evening Prince William will take the salute at the #BeatingRetreat in Horse Guards Parade (pic: @Trooping) pic.twitter.com/EB2NQ7As5J

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 13m
The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat:
PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...eating-Retreat

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Retreat.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Majesty

According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online
Great photos! Love the lines of horses and the drum corp.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.
It's good to know that William is being prepared for his future role and is involved.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Majesty

must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it

Old 06-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it
I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/abou...t_council.aspx

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online
Love the pictures in the daily mail.
William looks very smart - as he does in any uniform.
I have yet to see any uniform he does not look snazzy in. Sorry Kate.
However, I must say, I prefer him in the red uniform like he wore to his wedding. This one looks a bit too somber- like a funeral. But still won't complain too much.
Again, I am so impressed by his people skills.
He can do the " regal" things, and do them well- giving his country something to be proud of , and yet they can also be proud of his phenomenal people skills while meeting ordinary people. I've never seen him fail- wherever he is there's always the right degree of formality. On military and national engagements, and meeting leaders, there's a little more. But when meeting ordinary people, or visiting hospitals, or visiting with children, there's almost none.
But always there is the human touch.
On occasions like this, there is no doubt that he is doing regal duty, but there's no doubt that he's a human being while doing it. Extraordinary man.
Loved all the white horses with the trumpeters too.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article Prince's Trust Council

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."
That is the same link I put in my original post. My reason for querying was that the CC specifically stated "Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall." So this led to thinking that it is to do with the Duchy - and William is the heir to that.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: 1 January 2014

The Prince's council is for the Duchy of Cornwall not the Prince's Trust Charity. It's the board of the duchy that meets 2 times a year.

http://duchyofcornwall.org/frequentl...tml#question_3

see the FAQ from the duchy of Cornwall - Who manages the duchy?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Prince's council is for the Duchy of Cornwall not the Prince's Trust Charity. It's the board of the duchy that meets 2 times a year.

Frequently Asked Questions | The Duchy of Cornwall

see the FAQ from the duchy of Cornwall - Who manages the duchy?
Thanks! I now know more today than I knew yesterday! I love learning new things and even correcting my own thoughts on things.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1h
On 16th July, Prince William will visit War Memorial Park in Coventry & on 17th visit Imperial War Museums London to open its WW1 galleries.

Prince William will perform several engagements for the centenary of WW1 later this month, the Palace announce.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
On 16th July, Prince William will visit War Memorial Park in Coventry & on 17th visit Imperial War Museums London to open its WW1 galleries.

Prince William will perform several engagements for the centenary of WW1 later this month, the Palace announce.
This is very much in keeping with the thematic approach to engagements and charities that William, Catherine and Harry appear to be following.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to those.

Closed Thread