The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It the same reason Charles got a private briefing by Bank of England bankers during his tour of the Bank yesterday. They are the future Kings.

No need to hurry. I think he will have to wait for about 10 further years...:lol:

The speech was supposed to be by teleprompter but there was a mix-up, so William just winged it when he got up there to give the award. That's why it's a bit rambling. BBC explained it yesterday.

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

Rudolph - don't bring facts up ? Twitter and the Daily Mail hate facts.

And who cares anyway? Much ado about nothing...as usual.

LaRae

No, it was in live during the awards of the best sportman in the BBC, there were a lot of persons watching it at TV
Not good for William

No, it was in live during the awards of the best sportman in the BBC, there were a lot of persons watching it at TV
Not good for William

Did you not see Rudolph's post about the TelePrompTer mix up? He had to wing it and that's not really his forte. What was he supposed to do- memorize every speech word for word beforehand. We see trained actors mess things up at award shows all the time.

It happens. Snafus in speeches sometimes end up being the most memorable ones. One thing William has in common with Michael Phelps is that both of their sons were very high profile babies. Boomer Phelps was someone we watched for every time Phelps swam in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. He was only a couple months old at the time and was so cute with his little noise blocking little headphones on. He mostly slept through Daddy's swims though.

I don't see this as being a failure at a speech or anything other than the way things went. Not everything has to be done to perfection at all times and mistakes and foul ups and things that go bump in the night sometimes add the touch of being totally human to an event.

Honestly for such a short speech, I don't see why he needed a TelePrompTer. He should have been able to know his speech. It wasn't like it was a long one they one would need notes for,

That said, wasn't as bad as the Twitter people are making it to be. :ermm:

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

Award shows have writers. The presenters are not writing their presentation themselves. William more than the likely didn't write what was supposed to be on the TelePrompTer some person at the BBC did. He was just supposed to read it.

Last edited:
:previous: yes - all down to the BBC

Yet another reason why all the interviews are being done on ITV

Award shows have writers. The presenters are not writing their presentation themselves. William more than the likely didn't write what was supposed to be on the TelePrompTer some person at the BBC did. He was just supposed to read it.
Quite true Skippyboo. This situation could have happened to anyone of the presenters who would have been directed to read what was on the TelePromptTer.

Read abut this, and just listened to it. Please, he's not a public speaker by profession, just by position. It's not something William is particularly good at and I suspect likes even less having to do.
I have no idea what the fuss is about or even what is (apparently?!) so wrong about it?! I imagine Michael much rather have William in his own words congratulate him than some word for word scripted perfect performance.

Trooping the Colour 2017 Irish Guards

The Colonel’s Review will take place on 10th June. HRH The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Colonel Irish Guards will review the troops.

The Colonel's Review is the second of three rehearsals before the Birthday Parade itself on 17th June

Last edited:
Prince William is among dozens of celebrities, activists and artists shortlisted for a British LGBT Award.

Prince William has been nominated for Straight Ally award after becoming the first member of the royal family to be photographed for the cover of a gay magazine.

The British LGBT Awards shortlist was revealed on Monday to celebrate community activists, public figures and straight allies who work to advance LGBT rights.
Read more: Prince William among nominations for British LGBT Awards | London Evening Standard

Two events for The Duke of Cambridge on 28th February

CC 28th February (source: The Times)

The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, this morning held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre, this evening attended a Dinner at Thomas Goode and Company Limited, 19 South Audley Street, London W1.

Prince William attended a LandAid Gala Dinner at Guildhall in London this evening (1st March)

LandAid‏ @LandAid
WHAT A NIGHT! £230K raised (and counting) - thank you to everyone involved for helping us end youth #homelessness sooner. #LandAidGala
https://twitter.com/LandAid/status/837101605535289346

Shelley Frost‏ @ShelleyFrost73
@LandAid fabulous night at #landaidgala in aid of a great cause and 30 years. Highlight was meeting HRH though and talking rugby
https://twitter.com/ShelleyFrost73/status/837091226859995140

Such a grand ceremony and I love it.

That people still bother to read articles from Shakespeare/Hardcastle is beyond me.

Peter Hunt‏ @BBCPeterHunt
Prince William has made a private visit to St Thomas' Hospital to thank medical staff for their work after the Westminster terror attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom