The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will he wear??

MAny options - uniform from 3 of the services (army,Navy or RAF), not Marines as he doesnt hold any rank in that service. Or a suit. Probably blue :lol:

Most likely a uniform. Raf would be my guess. Charles and Anne always wear a uniform for investitures.

So I haven't kept up - I know the baby is going to be christened but were we given a date and godparents yet?

So I haven't kept up - I know the baby is going to be christened but were we given a date and godparents yet?

Oct 23 at Chapel Royal at St James Palace...and there has been no OFFICIAL announcement on the godparents...maybe a week b4 they will be announced.

Yup!! I'm excited for this, and I also very much hope the Cambridges participate in state dinners now.
Yes, we are way overdue for Catherine in a tiara!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 18m
Sources say he's also been practising pinning medals on servants in preparation for the ceremony. Has a lot to live up to in his grandmother

This gives me a vision of some poor servant patiently standing as William practices pinning him:whistling: it really makes me giggle and if true it confirms my suspicions that William is a very cautious young man. If it were me I'd figure how hard can it be to pin something on someone or bop them w/ a sword and just wing it - just as well it's not me I suppose :)

This gives me a vision of some poor servant patiently standing as William practices pinning him:whistling: it really makes me giggle and if true it confirms my suspicions that William is a very cautious young man. If it were me I'd figure how hard can it be to pin something on someone or bop them w/ a sword and just wing it - just as well it's not me I suppose :)
This shows me bad journalist's skills and palace staff's professionalism. They organized repetition of investiture ceremony (like wedding repetition). Good job.

Oh I bet he is nervous, he has a lot to live up to, his grandmother the Queen will be watching every move and so will his dad. I can't wait to see the pictures and video, bet he is going to wear the red uniform he married in, he looked so handsome in it. Now is the time to really become a hard working royal like the Queen, and this will hopefully keep the naysayers quiet and they can go back to drinking their tea or whatever.

The room is red so he might blend in with the red tunic of the Irish guards.

The journalist are so lazy with the sword and pinning practice line and it gets repeated from one paper to another. There is no pinning involved during an investiture. The people have a little hook on their shirt that the put on prior to the event. The honor goes onto the hook. As for the sword, he graduated from Sandhurst as an army officer. I am pretty sure he knows how to use a sword and it is a ceremonial sword so it isn't sharp.

He just did a similar thing last week with the FA reception where he passed out 150 medals.

Last edited:
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 1m
Prince William is to perform his first investiture ceremony tomorrow at around 11am at Buckingham Palace, including knighting two people.

It is so exciting to see William doing these things. I like the fact that he is now becoming a senior royal and that he is taking on more responsibilities. Granny needs some time to rest and now is the perfect opportunity for William to step it up a bit. Cant wait to see him doing the investitures.

It is so exciting to see William doing these things. I like the fact that he is now becoming a senior royal and that he is taking on more responsibilities. Granny needs some time to rest and now is the perfect opportunity for William to step it up a bit. Cant wait to see him doing the investitures.

Its an all win situation. One thing that is so heart warming about William trying on his grandmother's shoes and his dad's is that in HM's later years, she is spending time training her grandson knowing that he'll be continuing her role and duty in the years to come. The close bond that already exists between grandmother and grandson is reinforced and grows stronger. William will remember this for the rest of his life.

Has anyone found any clips of William wielding the sword? I 'm sure we would have heard if he messed anything up! Although I think the hardest part of the process must be remembering something about each of the recipients of the various awards

Video:
Murray received note from Kate after Wimbledon win-
Andy Murray revealed that the Duchess of Cambridge wrote him a note to congratulate him after he won Wimbledon and it showed off her "unbelievable handwriting".

The British number one, who was presented with an OBE by the Duke of Cambridge, said he had also received a note from Prince William in the past and as he collected the award joked that his handwriting was "not so good".-
William hosts first investiture - ITV News

LOL, William doesn't have the best handwriting.

At the 34 second mark there is an officer in the background who appears to have a "let's move along" air about him.

I read in one of the articles leading up to today, that they spend only 30 seconds with each person, in order to keep everything moving smoothly. The officer behind William looks impatient, probably because he went way over the 30-seconds. :lol:

I read in one of the articles leading up to today, that they spend only 30 seconds with each person, in order to keep everything moving smoothly. The officer behind William looks impatient, probably because he went way over the 30-seconds. :lol:

To me, nothing shows a good sense of people skills and being interested in the person one is talking to than going over a required time limit. I've seen it happen before with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when they were on walkabout and aides kind of have to nudge them along to keep on schedule.

Charles also takes his time and talk to the people during the Investiture ceremony.

Charles also takes his time and talk to the people during the Investiture ceremony.

I've noticed that too over the past couple of years. Its rare these days to see a photo of Charles without a smile and a twinkle in his eyes.

William really looked like a Prince didnt he? So handsome in his uniform and so professional. It is nice to see him doing this, he looks more royal than he usually does, it suits him quite well. I like it. :)

I agree, this is just one of the many things I and many others wanted to see William doing. Embracing his destiny and carrying out a bigger role within the "Firm."

I agree, this is just one of the many things I and many others wanted to see William doing. Embracing his destiny and carrying out a bigger role within the "Firm."

I think it was the "gap year" idiom being used that threw a lot of people off base. I'm glad to see in some reports that they've chosen to use the word transitional. It makes a world of difference in putting what William is doing into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom