The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, what a great premise for a modern-day fairy-tale :D!

Well, this prince already found his princess and the other one, the singleton, is at the moment not fairy tale material....:whistling:

Nice to see Lady Sarah and Lady Jane in attendance to pay their respects as well.

--------------

Prince William has said an emotional goodbye to his childhood nanny, Olga Powell, who was at his side through both childhood and the most important days in his adult life.

Mrs Powell, 82, passed away at the end of last month and her funeral was held this morning for family and close friends in Harlow, Essex.

The loving, but strict nanny, is widely credited for having a massive impact on the lives of both Prince William and Prince Harry as they were growing up.

Everytime I see Prince William or Prince Harry with one or several members of the Spencer family, I get happy.
I think it's because you see them so much with their father's side of the family. When I see them with the Spencers it reminds me of their loving mother and that it's such a nice way to keep Princess Diana in their and our minds and hearts.

Zonk said:
Nice to see Lady Sarah and Lady Jane in attendance to pay their respects as well.

--------------

Prince William has said an emotional goodbye to his childhood nanny, Olga Powell, who was at his side through both childhood and the most important days in his adult life.

Mrs Powell, 82, passed away at the end of last month and her funeral was held this morning for family and close friends in Harlow, Essex.

The loving, but strict nanny, is widely credited for having a massive impact on the lives of both Prince William and Prince Harry as they were growing up.
Read more: Prince William bids sad farewell to his childhood nanny as he attends her funeral with Diana's sisters | Mail Online

This is such a kind gesture. I'm sure the family of Mrs. Powell appreciate it.

Leave him alone with his friends and family. NO need for paps!

I did wonder yesterday if the paps would be at the service. The issue of press pics at a memorials is a touchy one and one that varies by country, I have noticed. In the states we have had a couple of recent Supreme Court cases that have addressed the issue and this is one time when our government tends to be very conservative.

I thought it was very touching that the family asked for donations to be made to Sentebale. I can imagine that in a way, losing Nanny Olga is like somewhat losing a family member for William and Harry.

One thing that really struck me reading the article is how much Lady Jane Fellows resembles the late Diana in the first picture. Its almost as if we could see what Diana would look like at that age.

Very touching to see William and his family at the funeral. Yes, Lady Jane Fellows also remind me of Diana.

I thought it was very touching that the family asked for donations to be made to Sentebale. I can imagine that in a way, losing Nanny Olga is like somewhat losing a family member for William and Harry.

One thing that really struck me reading the article is how much Lady Jane Fellows resembles the late Diana in the first picture. Its almost as if we could see what Diana would look like at that age.
In a very real way, I am sure that is true.

In a very real way, I am sure that is true.

Some of the camera stills of HRH are almost 'spooky'. Sooo many of Diana's traits and mannerisms come through in William even in photos. IMO

Some of the camera stills of HRH are almost 'spooky'. Sooo many of Diana's traits and mannerisms come through in William even in photos. IMO
Totally agree! Like looking in a mirror.I see it so much in the way he interacts with people, and in his being down to earth, his humor, his warmth, his compassion, his dignity. Sometimes I have to remind myself who I am looking at, especially in photos with children, the elderly, and the handicapped. He seems, like his mother to be highly perceptive to who needs a little " extra"- the least of these.
The apple did not fall far from the tree, and that is wonderful!:D

roseroyal said:
Totally agree! Like looking in a mirror.I see it so much in the way he interacts with people, and in his being down to earth, his humor, his warmth, his compassion, his dignity. Sometimes I have to remind myself who I am looking at, especially in photos with children, the elderly, and the handicapped. He seems, like his mother to be highly perceptive to who needs a little " extra"- the least of these.
The apple did not fall far from the tree, and that is wonderful!:D

You spoke my sentiments. When I watch William interact with people (especially children and those with special needs), I do indeed see a lot of his late mother. Yes, they look very much alike, but the similarities in their personalities, as well as traits of kindness, compassion, and ability to relate to others are far more prominent in my eyes. He knows the importance of sharing himself, and that is something very few are aware of.

You spoke my sentiments. When I watch William interact with people (especially children and those with special needs), I do indeed see a lot of his late mother. Yes, they look very much alike, but the similarities in their personalities, as well as traits of kindness, compassion, and ability to relate to others are far more prominent in my eyes. He knows the importance of sharing himself, and that is something very few are aware of.

Actually I see it in both William and Kate and perhaps this is one thing that drew them to each other. It especially came out today with the both of them, Will attending his nanny's funeral and Kate hugging Terry just because he held his arms open wide for one. Gotta love it.

Osipi said:
Actually I see it in both William and Kate and perhaps this is one thing that drew them to each other. It especially came out today with the both of them, Will attending his nanny's funeral and Kate hugging Terry just because he held his arms open wide for one. Gotta love it.

Both of those gestures tell us a great deal about these two people; they're not afraid to be themselves. They're kind and compassionate, and it comes naturally. They don't need to force it. They're a great asset to their country, and the Royal Family.

There is nothing like advice from someone whose personal goal is to get to a million hits on a single video. :p

Well to be honest selling millions of records in this day an age is quite an achievement. What is most amusing is that Bieber commenting on William's hair makes no difference to his life or William's.

Well to be honest selling millions of records in this day an age is quite an achievement. What is most amusing is that Bieber commenting on William's hair makes no difference to his life or William's.

That was my point - his goal was for social media hits rather than to sell recordings - and I goofed he said he wanted to get to a billion hits.

I am willing to bet my last dollar that William becomes a working royal next year when his current duty is up in 2013. The reorganising of Catherine's and his office and staff members only convinces me of this. Change is in the works with the Cambridges.

I wonder if William will lay a wreath at The Cenotaph on behalf of his father at the Remembrance Sunday Service?

William lays a wreath on behalf of himself, but he may lay one on behalf of his father. Time will tell.

Yes, I know that but I was just wondering if he will lay a wreath on his father's behalf as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom