The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

'Don't sell off our playing fields... we can't keep our children cooped up indoors': Prince William's call for readers to back Jubilee campaign
Quote:
Prince William today warns of the danger of allowing children to spend all day ‘cooped up indoors’ instead of enjoying an outdoor lifestyle. Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, he said the dearth of green spaces is denying young people the chance to play and exercise – and issued a rallying cry to support a campaign to stop developers concreting over even more playing fields. The Prince is hoping to present his grandmother the Queen with 2,012 specially dedicated, ringfenced green spaces as a Diamond Jubilee gift by the end of this year.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

I think its a wonderful cause. There are too many kids that do nothing else but sit indoors all day long and play video games or watch the tele. I remember a time before video games and such, kids would go outside and play with friends, ride bikes, play ball etc. Now it seems all kids want to do is be stuck to the tele or games. I think its a shame, kids need fresh air and exercise in order to stay healthy both mentally and physically. I applaud his efforts.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I think its a wonderful cause. There are too many kids that do nothing else but sit indoors all day long and play video games or watch the tele. I remember a time before video games and such, kids would go outside and play with friends, ride bikes, play ball etc. Now it seems all kids want to do is be stuck to the tele or games. I think its a shame, kids need fresh air and exercise in order to stay healthy both mentally and physically. I applaud his efforts.
I completely agree. It's very rare now to see kids playing basketball or doing anything that isn't involving some electronic gadget. I think it's great that William is recognizing this and wants to make sure that there are places where kids can go and just run around, and get some fresh air and exercise.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

What and where are these developers wanting to build? Im surprised since there doesnt seem to be much room to build at all. Since I have never been to London I have only seen what the Travel Cannel shows me although at some point I would love to go. And from what I have seen the parks that are open are quite beautiful and they look clean and peaceful. It would be a shame to put more concrete where it shouldnt be. And its not only the kids who benefit. I think its good for everyone to have a place to go to relax or walk or ride or picnic etc.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Commoner

Unwarranted Celebrity Commentary

I have seen the comments of Mr. Bieber and the royal correspondent's response. It is the custom of hollywood to roast and haze the popular and beautiful people. Male pattern balding is a worldwide issue and can be prevented in some cases. Complications of hemophilia, diabetes and heart disease can cause hair loss. Stress can cause it also. As much as I hate to say it but bald is not beautiful to all people. Hair loss is also hereditary on the mother's side of the family most often. If your mom has hair so should you. Otherwise your physician is not doing their job. My thought is to ignore Justin and check it out just the same. Then one day maybe you can joke about Justin's pacifier or other odd hobbies. Perhaps you might even end up friends.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What's this got to do with William and Catherine's married life?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
What's this got to do with William and Catherine's married life?
I guess a potential cure for William's future baldness or part-baldness should be a topic for his and Catherine's married life as it is not really a current event, right?

I just read the headline at the DM about Justin Bieber giving William advice on how to cope with that problem and I just thought: be glad, kid, that Flight-Lieutenant Wales is not giving you some advice of his own!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hilarious!
Justin Bieber slams Prince William's thinning locks | Mail Online
Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
One quote I keep handy for friends that are bemoaning the loss of their hair should be sent to Beiber.

"God created a lot of heads. Those he was ashamed of, he covered with hair."
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

Comment #324 in Bieber's Book of Wisdom. Great bathroom reading material.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Baldness in men is heredity and some of the sexiest men in the world have been bald. Also, we don"t know the long term side effect of those hair restoring products. Bieber has a lot of growing up to do. The human brain doesn"t fully develope until about age 24.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

As a (bald) friend of mine says... a bald man is a solar powered sex machine.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
You're right; this is hysterical . This kid's an idiot and should stop embarrassing himself.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
As a (bald) friend of mine says... a bald man is a solar powered sex machine.
While we're on the subject of William's impending baldness, I came across this today and thought I'd post it. We now know what the royals will look like when they reach age 60.

AOL.com Video - See What The Royals Will Look Like At 60
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter and facebook:

Prince William 'shocked' at NoW hacking fallout - Press Gazette

Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Prince William captained a crew that saved the lives of two teenage girls off the coast of Anglesey this afternoon

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Prince William led the five-man crew who pulled the 13-year-old and 16-year-old to safety

The rescue mission led by Prince William was praised by the RAF as one of its "fastest and shortest" operations - they got there in 38 secs!

Royal to the rescue: Prince William leads mission to save two girls swept out to sea
Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Prince William captained a crew that saved the lives of two teenage girls off the coast of Anglesey this afternoon

Prince William led the five-man crew who pulled the 13-year-old and 16-year-old to safety

The rescue mission led by Prince William was praised by the RAF as one of its "fastest and shortest" operations - they got there in 38 secs!

Royal to the rescue: Prince William leads mission to save two girls swept out to sea
Just saw this on my Facebook newsfeed. Thirty-eight seconds! That is quite impressive indeed. I'm glad that everything worked out and the girls are safe.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like they had a busy afternoon.

More info from BBC

BBC News - Girls rescued by RAF helicopter from Cymyran Beach, Rhosneigr

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well done to William and his crew! They were so quick because they had just landed from another rescue mission when the distress call came: because the crew and the helicopter were fully ready, they were able to be airborne again within seconds.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I wondered how the time from in the air to the rescue could be 28 seconds (well done). Looked up a map of the beach that shows how:

Valley base is at the top of the map when you hit the "-" sizing button a couple of times, The beach is above the point on the shore.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/showmap.php?gridref=SH301749

Closed Thread