The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Mathews ‏@allthingsregal 56m
New Dad Prince William, 31, looked totally relaxed as he headed to a stag weekend with pals on Friday TheSun pic.twitter.com/Q6tbeBFCjw
Retweeted by Mark Cuthbert

Good Chums and better booze. Course he is going to be relaxed:D

I don't think he's back on duty yet. There is this weekend away and the Anglesey show next week.

With all the nutrients in those baby formulas, I'll bet it's a great cure for a hangover. :p

Don't flip out, that's a joke.

I think it's wrong for the media to say Catherine gave William permission to go. Most likely these plans are made in advance and they know about it.

I don't see where they get the impression that he's hen-pecked and she calls all the shots. Look at the way they behaved when they came out of the hospital - he turned to her, told her to hand him the baby, walked down the steps holding the baby with her in tow, told her where to stand and answered questions. Then he was the one who put the baby in the car. I'm not saying he's bossy or anything but he doesn't seem like a weak willed type person. In the past people who knew him said he was stubborn once his mind was set.

I watch the video and she ask him if he wanted to hold the baby when they were at the door of the hospital.

@RE_DailyMail: William chose to visit the Anglesey Show- a popular farming event- to thank the local community for support he and Kate have received there

@RE_DailyMail: Duchess & Prince George won't be there but prince will watch gundog & falconry displays before meeting Young Farmers & view cattle judging

@RE_DailyMail: The Cambridges will leave Anglesey mid September after William's stint there as an RAF Search and Rescue pilot ends...new career plans tbc

The people of Anglesey have treated have welcomed and treated the Cambridge's very nicely. I'm sure they enjoyed their time there.

@RE_DailyMail: William chose to visit the Anglesey Show- a popular farming event- to thank the local community for support he and Kate have received there

@RE_DailyMail: Duchess & Prince George won't be there but prince will watch gundog & falconry displays before meeting Young Farmers & view cattle judging

@RE_DailyMail: The Cambridges will leave Anglesey mid September after William's stint there as an RAF Search and Rescue pilot ends...new career plans tbc

They make it sound definite, but there has been no official statement

An official announcement may be on the way.

They make it sound definite, but there has been no official statement

Except he does finish in September just like everyone else he's working with. He has no more options in Anglesey. So it's back to London or RAF desk job was it?

Except he does finish in September just like everyone else he's working with. He has no more options in Anglesey. So it's back to London or RAF desk job was it?

Choices are:

Reduced term (ie end before privatisation) with another SAR unit, most probably Wattisham (not expected by the media). This would be a continued secondment
from the army

Return to his regiment (based at either London or Windsor) in an admin role - probably Adjutent to Colonel. Good management role. Also would get time off for royal duties. Time off for other activities is not unusual - good example would be members of the military who are sportswo/men and who represent their country.

Give up the military and be a full-time royal.

2nd option favourite with the media

Bawl George! Prince William tells of sleepless nights with newborn prince:
Bawl George! Prince William tells of sleepless nights with newborn prince - Mirror Online

Video:
Prince George 'pretty loud and extremely good looking'-
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-14/prince-george-pretty-loud-and-extremely-good-looking/

Video:
Prince tells of fatherhood challenge at Anglesey show- Full speech-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-23687996#TWEET855816

Video:
Prince William resumes Royal duties in Anglesey-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...William-resumes-Royal-duties-in-Anglesey.html

Video:
Prince William Makes Speech at the Anglesey Show-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=Prince%20William%20Makes%20Speech%20at%20the%20Anglesey%20Show

Video:
Prince William Visits The Anglesey Show-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=Prince William Visits The Anglesey Show

Prince William reveals that son George is likely to undertake first official tour to Australia next year as he bids farewell to Anglesey at local show-
Prince William reveals that son George is likely to undertake first official tour to Australia next year as he bids farewell to Anglesey at local show | Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links everyone. I think this is the first time I've heard William attempt Welsh.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince George's first overseas tour? William told an Australian couple: "We hope to go there next year."

Prince William reveals that son George is likely to undertake first official tour to Australia next year as he bids farewell to Anglesey at local show-
Prince William reveals that son George is likely to undertake first official tour to Australia next year as he bids farewell to Anglesey at local show | Mail Online

William shares his father's bravery when it comes to dealing with birds I see.. Not a chance I would do that.
As always, love seeing William with kids.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 10m
William was given a 1954 replica tractor today and remarked:'George will love playing with this.And my brother will too! #harry #boystoys

Video:
Prince William Thanks 'Beautiful' Anglesey-
Prince William Thanks 'Beautiful' Anglesey

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 42m
And it appears William is undertaking his fair share of night feeds.'I'm getting my head down during the day,' he said. #princegeorge

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
Last word on Anglesey: he's clearly loving being a dad, but the endless sleepless nights appear to have left William a little baggy-eyed!

Last edited:
No wonder people get the wrong end of the stick:-

William (re Tour of Australia) - " we are hoping to go there next year"

Daily Telegraph " Prince George will travel to Australia next year"

Isn't Aus/NZ confirmed?

no it isnt. Its been mentioned as a possibility but I wouldnt have thought wed get any confirmation until after the Australian election.

It is all speculation and as has been said nothing will be confirmed until after the election with the possibiity of a pro-republican PM retaining office or a more monarchist PM winning office (assuming they both win their own seats of course - and I have seen no suggestion that they won't but it could happen). Sometime after that an invitation may be sent to BP but then again maybe it won't be sent and they can't come without an invitation.

I am sure New Zealand would be more than ready to host William, Kate and George's first trip.

William shares his father's bravery when it comes to dealing with birds I see.. Not a chance I would do that.
As always, love seeing William with kids.

You and me both! I leave the birds of prey to those who are brave, or insane, or both :D. William and children; always a winning combination.

"We've had a few sleepless nights" Prince William reveals life as father to baby George-
"We've had a few sleepless nights" Prince William reveals life as father to baby George | Royal | News | Daily Express

"He is due to leave the base at the end of September. Kensington Palace has not confirmed what he will do next. He and Kate are expected to undertake one more public duty on the island before they leave."

I guess we have an official engagement for William & Catherine coming up in Anglesey.

Maybe just the final walk through and damage assessment on the rental so they get their security deposit back. :lol:

Lol, it will be great to see them on official duty again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom