The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Wait wait I'm sorry I may just be reading things incorrectly are we actually saying we believe William was up to no good last night and that the marriage is in trouble? Or are we saying that's what the papers WANT us to think?

Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe it's what the papers want people to think. The media likes to stir things up!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM

He went out with a guy firend for a night out, like loads of married men do
Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course lots of married men go out without their wives. But the DM, knowing that there's no story here, chooses to focus on the fact that Kate wasn't there, knowing people will click on the story to see if he maybe got up to something he shouldn't have. They don't say it outright, but they lead people down that path.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Gentry

seriously please don't take the daily mail seriously. they call pippa her royal hotness! and make non news out of anything. i think they should be left alone and that the more Kate proves she is welcomed in the family the more the press feel they have to make such "selling" articles. these two have been together for ages. if she had anything to do with harry i'm sure it would have been seen 9 years ago!
I don't understand why the press coverage give so much attention to kate because it mostly makes negative comments on everything other than her fashion sense. it's just empty gossip and prince william is a very solid guy who won't mess around.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail has very much become a parody of itself. I think people are getting wise to their tricks all the time. My point was, there's not much mileage in 'Prince William enjoys a night off with his friends', so they play up the fact that Kate wasn't there to try and get people to click on the article.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsol View Post
seriously please don't take the daily mail seriously. they call pippa her royal hotness! and make non news out of anything. i think they should be left alone and that the more Kate proves she is welcomed in the family the more the press feel they have to make such "selling" articles. these two have been together for ages. if she had anything to do with harry i'm sure it would have been seen 9 years ago!
I don't understand why the press coverage give so much attention to kate because it mostly makes negative comments on everything other than her fashion sense. it's just empty gossip and prince william is a very solid guy who won't mess around.
The commentary on Kate and her family on sites like DM make me wince, and I don't wince at much. I feel like I need a rabies shot every time I go there.

The man went out for a few with his friend last night and probably needed some black coffee and aspirin this morning. I don't see what the big deal is there. It's not like he's out every other night. No surreptitious videos of him chatting up a woman. I doubt he drove under the influence.

And I agree that the press likes to stir things up - it's these rumors and crazy commentary that makes them money. Commentary from the very same people whom I've no doubt leave their spouses every now and again and go and have a few too many with the friends.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

So many of those people (doing the commentary) are downright mean!

Makes you wonder what their own lives are like...
Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I believe it's what the papers want people to think. The media likes to stir things up!
Oh ok see I knew I read it wrong. Yah totally the DM especially is ridiculous with their headlines
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I see the Daily Malice is at it again by writing a seemingly innocuous story and opening it up to vituperative and nasty comments that just want to have a field day with Will and Kate's marriage. Naturally, no other married guy in the history of the institution has ever gone out for a night with their friends.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Majesty

I see DM is up to its' usual activity; making a story out of nothing. I don't see anything wrong with William going out with his friends. It doesn't mean that the marriage is about to fall apart. Couples cannot always be together, because it's just not healthy. Spending too much time together can have bad consequences as too much time apart, and I think that William and Catherine are trying to find a balance. Also, William works crazy hours, so I can understand perfectly why he'd want to just stay in and relax when in Wales. It's obvious that he's not a party animal of some sort, and an occasional night out with his male friends is more than acceptable.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

For clarification purposes I spoke with the person who took the pix and contrary to what DM is saying these were NOT taken Saturday night but on Friday night instead.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Harry will participate in a polo match right after Trooping The Colour tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be posted once available. Ikonpictures will be there taking the photos
Old 06-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
William and Harry will participate in a polo match right after Trooping The Colour tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be posted once available. Ikonpictures will be there taking the photos
Something else to look forward to . I always enjoy William and Harry ride horses. They make it look like art form.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge enjoys spicy night out with Prince Harry - Telegraph
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure where this goes as can't find Order of Thistle Thread and sorry if this has already been posted:

Thursday 5th July
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
accompanied by The Princess Royal and The Countess of Strathearn, will attend a Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh for the installation of The Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, as a Knight of the Thistle and attend a lunch as guests of the Knights of the Thistle

Taken from Royal.org.uk

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
LL ‏@liltinglimes W&K staying @ Highgrove this wk while W completes a RAF training course; spend b'day there
via: Duke of Cambridge inherits £10m on his 30th birthday ... but a country pile will have to wait - Telegraph
Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe
Not sure where this goes as can't find Order of Thistle Thread and sorry if this has already been posted:

Thursday 5th July
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
accompanied by The Princess Royal and The Countess of Strathearn, will attend a Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh for the installation of The Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, as a Knight of the Thistle and attend a lunch as guests of the Knights of the Thistle

Taken from Royal.org.uk
Did the official website really write "THE Prince William, Earl of Strathearn"? Expect better from royal.gov.uk :whistle:
Old 06-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane

Did the official website really write "THE Prince William, Earl of Strathearn"? Expect better from royal.gov.uk :whistle:
He is listed like that because that is his Scottish title, how he is known in Scotland. Just like Catherine is named The Countess. If you mean the THE, that's probably because he is The Earl of Strathearn.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

He is listed like that because that is his Scottish title, how he is known in Scotland. Just like Catherine is named The Countess. If you mean the THE, that's probably because he is The Earl of Strathearn.
Sorry but no, the post specifically stated THE as part of his princely title, not as an Earl. It should have been "Prince William, THE Earl of Strathearn". Catherine isn't listed by her given name hence why she is written as "THE Countess of Strathearn". I am aware of his Scottish title, it was actually my preference for his major title instead of Duke of Cambridge, so please don't assume ignorance on my part.

Closed Thread