The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

How sad. I love this picture of William- he looks very much like the young Paul Newman.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince William's heartbreaking confession: 'I am very sad my mother is never going to get the chance to meet Kate... she'd be very proud'
Prince William interview with Katie Couric: Princess Diana 'would have loved Kate Middleton' | Mail Online

Old 05-29-2012, 04:56 PM

I always thought this grant of the Order of the Thistle, while a sign of approval, is a 30th birthday present, much like Charles got promoted for his birthday gift. It allows HM to acknowledge William, but I don't think it necessarily gives the appearance of slowing down.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Majesty

I read the article in the DM that talked about this. Very moving, and sad. While watching the wedding, I thought about the fact that the person in his life that had such an impact on him wasn't there to see him marry the love of his life. It was a very bitter-sweet moment for him, I'm sure. Thank you for sharing this article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Thanks for the article, Ghost, and the reminder that the Katie Couric interview with the Princes is on ABC tonight from 9 - 11 p.m EST. That must be the saddest day of your life when a beloved person who has passed away can't be there for the momentous times.
I couldn't agree more. You said it beautifully.

I don't know if this article has been posted or not. I'm glad that William and Catherine want to have little ones soon. They'll be wonderful parents.

Prince William interview with Katie Couric: 'Kate and I are keen to start a family' | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I literally squealed loud as I could when he said that during the interview tonight^
Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Courtier

William Interview - Baby Plans

Prince William interview with Katie Couric: 'Kate and I are keen to start a family' | Mail Online

Video
Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Serene Highness

Im still watching it. Loving it. :)
Old 05-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

O.k. Its over and basically William is not saying a thing about baby plans. He loves his granny very much as does Harry. What a wonderful program.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

i didnt get a chance to watch this last night, i hope they put it on the networks internet so i can watch it.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder how much longer we have to wait once the Jubilee is safely over. Catherine does not look pregnant yet but things like that can change over night... Wish them both so much luck!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't talk about my sex life with my wife on television either.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Courtier

I thought William was pretty candid about his military and royal commitments becoming harder to juggle. It seems to me a pretty clear indication that he will be out in 2013 when his current service term is up. Full-time royal duty based in London, living at their newly refurbished apartment in KP, and Kate expecting baby number one: doesn't sound like a bad proposition to me for next year!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

Full episode with William and Harry's interviews...

20/20 Season 31 Episode 107 | Full TV Episode Online - ABC.com
Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

'Middle-aged' Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend Guy Pelly
Quote:
Prince Harry has often joked that his brother has become decidedly middle-aged since his wedding to Kate Middleton last year. The Royal couple are said to prefer nights in front of the TV watching their favourite DVDs and eating home-cooked meals at their Anglesey home rather than enjoying a night on the tiles. So it was rather surprising to see William enjoying an evening out with close friend Guy Pelly at a private member's club in Mayfair.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Stupid as usual from DM. When in Angelsey the Prince is on duty and therefore cannot drink. And meeting up with old friends when in London seems a natural thing to do. I also note (again) the sly (implied) comments about the relationship in the Cambridge marriage. So it's nasty and stupid.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe

Stupid as usual from DM. When in Angelsey the Prince is on duty and therefore cannot drink. And meeting up with old friends when in London seems a natural thing to do. I also note (again) the sly (implied) comments about the relationship in the Cambridge marriage. So it's nasty and stupid.
I don't see any sly comments about the marriage? Unless you mean the one about Catherine not being there which is just an obvious statement.
What's wrong with the DM telling it like it is? William prefers nights in and we haven't seen him out in a while. We wouldn't know if he goes out in Anglesey or not.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't see any sly comments about the marriage? Unless you mean the one about Catherine not being there which is just an obvious statement.
What's wrong with the DM telling it like it is? William prefers nights in and we haven't seen him out in a while. We wouldn't know if he goes out in Anglesey or not.
Click on the "worst rated" comments - some pretty unpleasant ones there.
On the whole, the article itself wasn't a particularly bad or negative one.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

When newspapers emphasise that a man is on a night out with his mates without his wife, the implication is that he might get up to something untoward. It's not said outright, but the unspoken suggestion is that men can't be trusted when they're out drinking without their wives as chaperones.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

To me I see the scenario like this: In the morning/afternoon William Harry and Kate went to the wedding. They possibly met up with old friends there. William decided to get together with them. Harry and Kate may have possibly been tired so William went and the other two went back home. Nothing too worrying IMO
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
When newspapers emphasise that a man is on a night out with his mates without his wife, the implication is that he might get up to something untoward. It's not said outright, but the unspoken suggestion is that men can't be trusted when they're out drinking without their wives as chaperones.

Absolutely!
Another implication is that the marriage is in trouble; note the comments about how well Kate and Harry get along?

They are far from innocent, imo.
Furthermore, Guy Pelly (fairly or not) has a bit of a wild reputation and may be perceived as leading the princes into trouble.

All in all, not a bad day's work from the DM!

Closed Thread