Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Yes, he is handsome, in a chipmunky kind of way. LOL
LOL !

Do you mean like, Alvin and the chipmunks ?! They are Hollywood celebs. LOL LOL LOL

Old 05-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's what I mean. I am one of very few who think William is only mildly attractive; he's not my cup of tea. Willem-Alexander is my kind o' guy.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes, that's what I mean. I am one of very few who think William is only mildly attractive; he's not my cup of tea. Willem-Alexander is my kind o' guy.
Is that the Dutch Crown Prince ? He's a little bit stocky ? IMO, the Danish Crown Prince is so cute. Lucky Mary, I say !
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the Prince of Orange. I like a bit of heft in men.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't get over how much Princess Anne looks like HM in that photo of the younger Queen with her two grandsons. And I think William is nice looking but not extremely handsome; Haakon of Norway wins hands down! I've got this date circled on my calendar for the special, and thanks for posting the story, Ghost.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was really lucky that my granny lived across the street, literally, from my primary school. So while all my school friends were eating the awful school dinners (ugh semolina), I was allowed to pop across the street to my granny's for a brilliant home cooked meal. After school I would also head over for a cup of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge.

So William and I have that in common, although I think his granny's house probably beats my granny's house by a pretty long way.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, he is handsome, in a chipmunky kind of way. LOL
I love your sense of humor, even if I find Wills quite good looking (in a very nerdy/professor kind of way, which is what I'm attracted to ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaantoniapia View Post
Is that the Dutch Crown Prince ? He's a little bit stocky ? IMO, the Danish Crown Prince is so cute. Lucky Mary, I say !
Oh, Frederik is definitely handsome. He looks better in person than in pictures . He looks very sophisticated and distinguished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I was really lucky that my granny lived across the street, literally, from my primary school. So while all my school friends were eating the awful school dinners (ugh semolina), I was allowed to pop across the street to my granny's for a brilliant home cooked meal. After school I would also head over for a cup of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge.

So William and I have that in common, although I think his granny's house probably beats my granny's house by a pretty long way.
You have some lovely memories with your Granny (just like Her Majesty's grandkids). I remember enjoying tea with my gran too. She was an excellent baker.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Daria_S;1419348] I love your sense of humor, even if I find Wills quite good looking (in a very nerdy/professor kind of way, which is what I'm attracted to ).

Oh, Frederik is definitely handsome. He looks better in person than in pictures . He looks very sophisticated and distinguished.
QUOTE]

Yes, Prince William looks more proper and his brother, more casual. I think Harry may be more fun to go out with but if one is to have a relationship, maybe, it's better with William ? LOL

But noone can beat Frederick. He is so cute and he comes across as such a lovely, kind and gentle person !
Old 05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It also wouldn't surprise me if the US networks and their interviewers are a bit more respectful and pliable than the British press. The networks see the interviews as a real special occasion, whereas over here it's about how much you can get out of them or if they slip up and say something that's not PC or whatever. I could be talking out of my rear end with this though.
I think you're right about how the U.S. press treats the British royals. This goes back to a prior discussion on a thread that Americans are fascinated by royalty, especially the British, since we would have been ruled by them if we hadn't rebelled back in the day! So whenever they come to visit or are interviewed by the American press, there will be that aura of deference and fascination that perhaps the British press doesn't have. Although we're glad we don't have a monarchy, we can't help being drawn to it!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Haakon with that beard is to die for. I believe Frederik had a beard for awhile to.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think Haakon with that beard is to die for. I believe Frederik had a beard for awhile to.
That's the Norwegian Crown Prince. Yes ? He is handsome, too, like the Felipe of Spain. There are so many handsome princes in Europe !

Any single one available now ?

So, what is Prince William's current activity ?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaantoniapia

So, what is Prince William's current activity ?
He's at work in Wales. We'll be seeing him and Catherine next weekend to take part in the Jubilee celebrations.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Majesty

Hope this hasn't been posted yet.

Prince William’s personal tribute to the Queen - "my incredible role model" - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Commoner

I tear up at the love and respect that the Queen and Prince William show in this picture. It was a taken a few years ago and I had forgotten how close they are. He looks so proud...so tall. An amazing picture of love and pride.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Courtier

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...25May2012.aspx

I just saw this on Twitter...it is dated May 25th but hadn't seen it before. The Duke of Cambridge has been appointed to the Order of the Thistle!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...25May2012.aspx

I just saw this on Twitter...it is dated May 25th but hadn't seen it before. The Duke of Cambridge has been appointed to the Order of the Thistle!
Is it like the Order of the Garter ?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

The Thistle is the Scottish equivilent of the Garter. They are the 2 most senior orders of knghthood in the UK and are in the personal gift of the monarch.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

great news!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, what a nice gift. Now what is the reason for giving this to William? Is it just because or is it for something he did? Just trying to understand. :)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, am I right in saying that William has been given the Thistle before either Andrew or Edward? HM is making some interesting decisions at the moment.

Closed Thread