The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 9: September-November 2007

Welcome to part 9 of the thread to discuss Camilla's current events.

Part 8 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-13236.html

Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Commoner

The Duchess of Cornwall is back from her holiday and back to work. On Monday HRH visited families of 4th Battalion The Rifles at Bulford Camp, Salisbury Plain, Dorset. Last night she, along with the PoW, gave a dinner for supporters of the Bobby Van Trust.

I read about these engagements in the Court Circular, in The Times; I didn't find any other news stories about them. Unfortunately, many casual observers probably don't realize how much work the Duchess really does.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Does Camilla work?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Does Camilla work?
unnecessary comment...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Does Camilla work?
Obviously.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Of course she does. Charles sends her off to work in a Duchy Originals sweatshop underneath Poundbury. Does anyone really believe she was in the Mediterranean? And people think it's just a quaint little village...
Old 09-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Of course she does. Charles sends her off to work in a Duchy Originals sweatshop underneath Poundbury. Does anyone really believe she was in the Mediterranean? And people think it's just a quaint little village...
yes...making wallets or something like that isn't it? then when she's done making the wallets she has to sell them...poor thing never gets a break.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

a friend of mine from another forum received a personal reply to a letter she wrote to the Duchess. i think it's lovely that she finds time (aside from making and selling wallets) to reply to these letters.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall is back from her holiday and back to work. On Monday HRH visited families of 4th Battalion The Rifles at Bulford Camp, Salisbury Plain, Dorset. Last night she, along with the PoW, gave a dinner for supporters of the Bobby Van Trust.

I read about these engagements in the Court Circular, in The Times; I didn't find any other news stories about them. Unfortunately, many casual observers probably don't realize how much work the Duchess really does.
I know it's sad. If you don't keep up with court circular, the average person doesn't know half the stuff the royals do. The local papers will mention stuff that happened in their area but a lot of it is unlikely to make to the national papers.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a lot of PR work. That would drive me batty. Having to be "on" all the time. Not a hair out of place, make sure the lettuce isn't stuck in your incisors and that you don't belch at the wrong time. . . .

Old 09-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Brilliant, "The Prisoner" springs to mind!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&ito=newsnow

Camilla goes back to her school and gets an honorary fellowship! I think she has done pretty good for only getting one O level as the mail kept pointing out
Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Camilla reveals her terrible school days of bunking off lessons and cross-dressing | the Daily Mail

Camilla goes back to her school and gets an honorary fellowship! I think she has done pretty good for only getting one O level as the mail kept pointing out
What a nice article - and from the mail at that!

Who needs academic merits when you have merits from your heart? It was a beautiful gesture of the college to bestow this extraordinary honour on Camilla - she has been living her good soul and that's rewarded. Well done!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, visits Queen´s Gate School , London
September, 13

Flowers and flags
Fotobanka isifa image service

talking with teachers

smiling for a pic (my favourite)
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone for posting. Finally, she is back again.
Times will get better for her now. And she is looking good as always and in best spirits.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Good to see Camilla back in the UK, and going about her engagements. Also good to see that the papparazzi left Camilla and party alone and there were no intrusive shots of them whilst on holiday
Old 09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall, Commodore-in-Chief, visits the Institute of Naval Medicine in Gosport, Hampshire
14th September
Her Royal Highness met a team of submarines practising their rescue techniques at the bottom of a 30ft tank and toured the facility.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cornwall, Commodore-in-Chief, visits the Institute of Naval Medicine in Gosport, Hampshire
______
Does anybody have seen more pics than the one on the PoW website?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla visits the submarine escape training tank at the Instiute of Naval Medicine in Gosport, Hampshire

two pics of today:

Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 PM

This frock looks new and I'm not sure whether I like it. Initially I'll say yes but it might take a while to grow on me. I think black and white always look good but I'm not sure about the buttons. Oh well, buttons don't make the woman and as I love her so, I'll let this one go.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Courtier

I think her dress is dark blue. Black would be too hard. It´s ok, finally a new dress. But, it´s not her very best.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall