The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 PM

I think that's got to be the hardest thing when you're in the public eye. I colour my hair a Lucille Ball red and have for about a year or so now and when I did it, alot of my friends were suprised and noticed the really radical difference but it wasn't plastered across the newspapers and I wasn't accused of trying too hard etc. If Camilla's happy and she isn't wearing a "I'm Bishop Makarios" t-shirt then what does it matter?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

I suppose because papers and magazines feel this need to make a huge deal out of appearance--I remember whenever Diana wore her hair differently, it was a huge deal and just slathered across the cover of magazines everywhere,and look at what they did Sarah Ferguson, too. It will be the same for Camilla-partly because there will always be those who compare to Diana and partly because of Camilla's position.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I recently gave my hair the dark red henna treatment. I now have sparkling red hairs among the dark brown where there used to be grey, but it is permanent on those grey hairs! Needless to say the ratio of dark brown to red has shifted in favour of red since I last did it two years ago.

I think the colour is very fetching, but am very glad I am not now seeing "before" and "after" photographs of myself in the newspapers.

I do not envy the RF.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 AM

I don't notice much difference in Camilla's hair color, honestly. And I think the Daily Mail article makes a lot of noise citing their anonymous sources about Camilla "having talks" with her favorite fashion designer and trying new shades or whatever of hair dye. Well, she must have many talks with her favorite designer about having new things to wear to engagements and stuff, and she is a very normal woman if she is thinking a lot about what colors and shades work best with her hair.... So I just think the Daily Mail re-words these "news" bits in an effort to make it seem like Camilla is "rebranding" herself. The article is worded in a stupid way. It says a lot about nothing at all, and the author is transparently gunning for anti-Camilla steam. Very lame.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess visits Bristol University´s School of Veterinary Science
6th November
´She´s been extremely interested in what we are doing and she talked about her own animals.´
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits Bristol University's School of Veterinary Science

Camilla with a special friend
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Awwww....sweet picture!!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Awwww....sweet picture!!
I love it too !!! So fun !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Lovely picture, she always gets on well with all the animals and they certainly seem to take to her as well!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Lovely picture, she always gets on well with all the animals and they certainly seem to take to her as well!

Her obvious affection for animals is one of the reasons I like HRH so much.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
The Duchess visits Bristol University´s School of Veterinary Science
6th November
´She´s been extremely interested in what we are doing and she talked about her own animals.´
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits Bristol University's School of Veterinary Science

Fabulous. So the Langford Trust collaborated with the Bristol vet school to build a new state-of-the-art surgical unit, and Camilla opened the unit today? Or she just visited the school to announce that the unit would be built? Sorry but I like having the details straight, and the article wasn't clear about whether the building or the idea for the building was being launched.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I fully share your views on the sibject. I can not believe it.

I agree that such state of things is annoying, but not suprising. Given the famous past, a light shadow of controversy may follow Duchess of Cornwall, when some sources interpret her actions, engagements, or outfits. It should not bother true admirers of Duchess of Cornwall too much as the latter is expected.
If a woman goes to the Salon every 4 weeks for a retouch, then she will get a little blonder over time. Blame the Hairdresser for not doing a colour balance every visit. It was summer in England and Camilla is outdoorsy so offcourse it will fade. When you go to the Hairdresser do they not offer you “something different” it is easier than plastic surgery. Go on do it you are worth it thanks Russophile.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla avoids a soaking

The Duchess of Cornwall laughed as she narrowly avoided a soaking during a visit to a pioneering veterinary school today.

Camilla Avoids A Soaking (from This Is Wiltshire)
Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Fabulous. So the Langford Trust collaborated with the Bristol vet school to build a new state-of-the-art surgical unit, and Camilla opened the unit today? Or she just visited the school to announce that the unit would be built? Sorry but I like having the details straight, and the article wasn't clear about whether the building or the idea for the building was being launched.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited a pioneering veterinary school in Bristol today to show her support for a new appeal (that's already up and running)
The school has launched a joint appeal with the Langford Trust to raise £2.5 million for a new state-of-the-art surgical building for the treatment of sick horses and farm animals.(This is what they want to do and so have appealed for money)
Old 11-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Camilla avoids a soaking

The Duchess of Cornwall laughed as she narrowly avoided a soaking during a visit to a pioneering veterinary school today.

Camilla Avoids A Soaking (from This Is Wiltshire)
Even if she had been sprayed, she would probably have laughed about it!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Flood memories boost relief fund

The Duchess of Cornwall, a member of the Tetbury branch, has contributed to the tome, which will be sold to raise money for the Flood relief Fund.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Gloucestershire | Flood memories boost relief fund
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Busy Camilla goes from playing ping pong to pharaoh visit

Busy Camilla goes from playing ping pong to pharaoh visit
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It remains to be seen whether Charles makes him a Prince of Wales and whether the people of Wales want one. He is not exactly flavour of the month because he chose to support England over Wales. It is entirely possible that the title will not be used after Charles becomes King.

Lovely pictures milla Ca, thank you for posting them!
I agree with you Skydragon. He might not get that title. But where is Duchy of Cornwall? And how would Prince William have an income besides Diana's money until he became King?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I agree with you Skydragon. He might not get that title. But where is Duchy of Cornwall? And how would Prince William have an income besides Diana's money until he became King?
William would get money from the Duchy of Cornwall if he is the Duke of Cornwall, which he will become on the Queen's death (assuming a natural sequence of events).

There's a map of the Duchy here.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Gentry

Why change?

Am I mistaken or did Camilla change clothes between appointments from the school to the museum?

Any theories as to why? They both look like they would have worked at either.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
William would get money from the Duchy of Cornwall if he is the Duke of Cornwall, which he will become on the Queen's death (assuming a natural sequence of events).

There's a map of the Duchy here.
Thanks wbenson - I didn't know where the duchy was located. I hope to travel to Great Britian in a few years.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall