The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats irritating is that the Daily Mail have passed this off as Camilla's RFO being the same insignia Diana had. Very annoying.

Maybe it even is - or how many of these pics for the order had the queen been painted when she became queen? So if the insignia falls back after the death of a member of the orde,r it could be that it is awarded to the next lady in question. Mind, nobody would have thought anything about Camilla wearing Diana's jewelery if Diana had lived a dignified life with her marriage intact, died unfortunately rather young from a disease and Charles had married again after a time considered suitable for a grieving widower. Of course in this case Camilla could show off all jewels belonging to her position. As it is, she can't, of course. But it's quite normal that the next holder of a position is wearing the jewels of the last lady to have been on this position. Nobody thinks about it normally, that's how it is.

But - the media did that game already with a brooch with the feathers of the PoW - so, what's new?

Whats irritating is that the Daily Mail have passed this off as Camilla's RFO being the same insignia Diana had. Very annoying.

I saw that too and wondered if I was reading it wrong. Surely, even if they re-use the portrait, they wouldn't have given Camilla the one used by Diana. BP and Camilla seem to have avoided using items too closely associated with Diana.

Diana is not the only receiver of the RFO to have passed away--
Here is a current list of who has received the order and it indicates if someone has passed away:
So, let's see-Camilla could have any one of these deceased ladies RFO--but perhaps the Queen has them made as she deems necessary? I can't imagine only have a few made up--its a portrait set in diamonds. There are plenty of diamonds and plenty of artists out there, too.

I have seen before that Zara Phillips is supposed to have been given the order. The award is never announced and we have proof only when the recipient is first seen wearing it. The reference which claims Zara has the order is wikipedia, but she has never been seen wearing it as far as I know. Is there an authoritative source for the information?

I don't "not" believe that Zara has received the RFO ... but, it's odd that she has received it and not her brother nor Princes William nor Harry.

I don't "not" believe that Zara has received the RFO ... but, it's odd that she has received it and not her brother nor Princes William nor Harry.

It is given only to females.

On what sort of occasions does one wear a Royal Family Order? Are we likely to see Zara attending such a function? She might have it yet never go anywhere she can wear it.

Has Sophie really not received the RFO? She has been a member of the family for much longer than Camilla, and is providing yet another grandchild as we speak. You'd think she would have gotten it already.

Maybe it even is - or how many of these pics for the order had the queen been painted when she became queen? So if the insignia falls back after the death of a member of the orde,r it could be that it is awarded to the next lady in question. Mind, nobody would have thought anything about Camilla wearing Diana's jewelery if Diana had lived a dignified life with her marriage intact, died unfortunately rather young from a disease and Charles had married again after a time considered suitable for a grieving widower. Of course in this case Camilla could show off all jewels belonging to her position. As it is, she can't, of course. But it's quite normal that the next holder of a position is wearing the jewels of the last lady to have been on this position. Nobody thinks about it normally, that's how it is.

But - the media did that game already with a brooch with the feathers of the PoW - so, what's new?

Well, I remember seeing a photograph of one of Princess Marina's RFO and it had her name engraved on the back so I think they are individual as with all honour insignia.

Sophie is the Countess of Wessex and she has one

I thought that if someone had the order upon their death their family got to keep, not wear it, but keep it much like a war veteran keeps a purple heart. It's like a badge of honor--

Sparkling Camilla has only just starting her ´rebranding´ to win over the British public

Sparkling Camilla has only just starting her 'rebranding' to win over the British public | the Daily Mail

That´s the D.... Mail we love:

They want to tell us that Camilla hasn´t the exceptance of the Queen,
they want to tell us that the marriage of Charles and Camilla is on the rocks, they want to tell us the Duchess wears her hair grey because Diana overshadowed her life,
they want tell us that Camilla can´t win the hearts of the British people....

And when they have to accept that they can´t sell their reader more of these lies they start a new story about a ´rebranding´ of the Duchess...
Do they really think we are all so silly to believe only one word of this gossip?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
They want to tell us that Camilla hasn´t the exceptance of the Queen,
they want to tell us that the marriage of Charles nad Camilla is on the rocks, they want to tell us the Duchess wears her hair grey because Diana overshadowed her life,
they want tell us that Camilla can´t win the hearts of the British people....

And when they have to accept that they can´t sell their reader more of these lies they start a new story about a ´rebranding´ of the Duchess...
Do they really think we are all so silly to believe only one word of this gossip?:ROFLMAO:
It seems they had to change tack after HM gave Camilla the RFO :)bounce::clap:), not the first time they have ended up with egg on their faces! :ROFLMAO:

Dirty Mail 0:bangin: - Camilla 1000000x10000000 :clap:

They really are :deadhorse: :voodoo: :censored:

The reference which claims Zara has the order is wikipedia, but she has never been seen wearing it as far as I know. Is there an authoritative source for the information?
The only source for this is the Wikipedia entry. Some months ago I sent a query to Wikipedia requesting a source or verification of the information, but received no response.

I just read that little blurb in the Daily Mail--you have got to be kidding me, basically all it said was Camilla had some gowns made and her hair dyed. How sad that has become big news!

Is that all the article said? I just read on a royality blog that CH was to help Camilla transform herself, so she would get more attention as Prince Charles wife.:flowers:

I live in US so I don't get much info on the BRF.

The Daily Mail is very pro-Diana, and it was a leader in the "Camilla mustn't go to the memorial service" campaign. After being successful there, I was expecting the "the British people hate Camilla and she mustn't be Queen" stuff in the Mail to gather momentum, and so far it seems to be happening.

Not sure about this white hair business, but it's looking blonde, not silver, in the photo of her and Charles on their way to the state dinner for the Saudi king.

Looking at the pictures from a couple of days ago the hair really looked white almost . Now, in the pictures from the saudi banquet it looks as if it's been fixed a little by adding more blonde tones.

As for "Camilla can't be Queen" stuff.....Give them time. !!!!!! It will never go away completely..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully share your views on the sibject. I can not believe it. :eek:
I agree that such state of things is annoying, but not suprising. Given the famous past, a light shadow of controversy may follow Duchess of Cornwall, when some sources interpret her actions, engagements, or outfits. It should not bother true admirers of Duchess of Cornwall too much as the latter is expected.

I think Camilla is doing a terrific job! I applaud her her efforts to look different. I found a couple of greys the other day on the temple and decided to find my friend L'Oreal because "I'm worth it!" *she tosses short hair*

I hope Camilla can change her appearance as she see fit. Everyone does. Why can she. I think she looks good and she seems happy.:flowers:

I think that's got to be the hardest thing when you're in the public eye. I colour my hair a Lucille Ball red and have for about a year or so now and when I did it, alot of my friends were suprised and noticed the really radical difference but it wasn't plastered across the newspapers and I wasn't accused of trying too hard etc. If Camilla's happy and she isn't wearing a "I'm Bishop Makarios" t-shirt then what does it matter?

I suppose because papers and magazines feel this need to make a huge deal out of appearance--I remember whenever Diana wore her hair differently, it was a huge deal and just slathered across the cover of magazines everywhere,and look at what they did Sarah Ferguson, too. It will be the same for Camilla-partly because there will always be those who compare to Diana and partly because of Camilla's position.

I recently gave my hair the dark red henna treatment. I now have sparkling red hairs among the dark brown where there used to be grey, but it is permanent on those grey hairs!:ROFLMAO: Needless to say the ratio of dark brown to red has shifted in favour of red since I last did it two years ago.

I think the colour is very fetching, but am very glad I am not now seeing "before" and "after" photographs of myself in the newspapers.

I do not envy the RF.

I don't notice much difference in Camilla's hair color, honestly. And I think the Daily Mail article makes a lot of noise citing their anonymous sources about Camilla "having talks" with her favorite fashion designer and trying new shades or whatever of hair dye. Well, she must have many talks with her favorite designer about having new things to wear to engagements and stuff, and she is a very normal woman if she is thinking a lot about what colors and shades work best with her hair.... :D So I just think the Daily Mail re-words these "news" bits in an effort to make it seem like Camilla is "rebranding" herself. The article is worded in a stupid way. It says a lot about nothing at all, and the author is transparently gunning for anti-Camilla steam. Very lame.

Lovely picture, she always gets on well with all the animals and they certainly seem to take to her as well! :dog: :heart1:

Her obvious affection for animals is one of the reasons I like HRH so much. :)

The Duchess visits Bristol University´s School of Veterinary Science
6th November
´She´s been extremely interested in what we are doing and she talked about her own animals.´
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits Bristol University's School of Veterinary Science

Camilla with a special friend:wub:
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Fabulous. So the Langford Trust collaborated with the Bristol vet school to build a new state-of-the-art surgical unit, and Camilla opened the unit today? Or she just visited the school to announce that the unit would be built? Sorry but I like having the details straight, and the article wasn't clear about whether the building or the idea for the building was being launched. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom