The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think the more golden color is much more flattering, dont you guys? Although I agree with BF, the silver will certainly not show the grey! She and QE are almost the same color! I say go back! It looked pretty that color.:flowers:

I like the platinum colour. It is softer and the grey will blend in better, and I don't think it's silver: it has a warm glow to it. It's the same platinum blonde colour as Marilyn Monroe's was. There is a pic of MM on the same web page at the moment. It will be interesting to see less casual photos of HRH with her new hair colour. It will look wonderful with diamonds and pearls, and maybe a ruby or two. :lol:

I feel it ages her very much and makes the tanned colored skin on her face look orange and more leathery.
By making such a dramatic change she certainly has drawn alot of attention to herself.
Maybe she 's trying to go gray with less notice. ???
Otherwise I haven't a clue as to why this was done?

The change of her hair colour isn´t a ´dramatic´ one, i think. If you see pics of Camilla made the last months you can see that her hair changes more and more from blonde to platinum. When we will see new photos on Friday, at an official engagement, the new hair colour will be not as striking as the photos in the D.... Mail want to show us.
I think she looks great!:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

Can someone tell me when/where these photos of the Duchess were taken?
The article just says "now" (for platinum) and "before the trip" (for the more golden color). Truth be told, I'm undecided about which look I like best for her. I will need to see more pics of her with this new style and color. It's difficult to tell if it's better or not in this one picture, with her head so much down. I think I might like it better now, as it seems to be a more sleek, cleaner look, and I always hoped she was flatten her hair a bit. I think she might also look softer with the platinum color and this straighter, less wavy hair. But again, I must see more pics to be decided for sure! :)

I don't recognise that frock actually so I'm not sure when the golden one was taken. In my opinion, I think the colour is fine but the style.....the Farah went out almost as long ago as the Perdi. I'd like to see her go back to her bouffant - now that was a do.

The "golden" pic is an very old one. I think it was taken a few years before the marriage. Typical Daily Mail, always the hardest photos.

Thanks, hornsen. I thought it seemed old, maybe 2002-2003ish.

You´re right love_cc, that´s again the D.... Mail we are waiting for....:bang:
But Mr Kay should choose the pics with the right subtitile, or do anybody can see a wedding photo of Camilla there? The same truth as the pic tells us the article....:wacko:

Camilla's hair goes white ... Is it because of the 'third person' in HER marriage?

Camilla's hair goes white ... Is it because of the 'third person' in HER marriage? | the Daily Mail

I have missed Mr. Kay's article about Camilla...:cool:

Couldn't we all contact Clarence House to ask why they don't do anything to deny any of these false allegations and lies? After all some of us have received letters from her from Birkhall or Clarence House when according to Messrs Kay & Levy she was sulking at Ray Mill! She also does plenty of solo engagements (including visiting the few army regiments that the Queen has deigned to make her colonel of) its just that the Mail choose to ignore them. In her 1st full year of engagements she did 222 whereas Diana in her 1st year did c.78. Clarence House are quite prepared to shout harrassment when Prince William visits the most paparazzi-infested nightclub in London but do nothing to defend Camilla against this nasty misogynistic campaign of vilification.:bang:

It's only my opinion, but I think Clarence House will not deny anything, apart from most serious things, because that would leave them 'open'. Once they have responded once, they will have to respond every time. And if they don't respond when Kay writes "Camilla attempted to stub Charles in the most terrifying row they had in two days", they will say 'they did deny Camilla was trying to poison Charles. If they don't deny she tried to stub him, it must be true'.

Personally I'm not even angry with that article. It's not really worth it. I did laugh a little though. Poor Kay, can you imagine how desparate he is for negative stories about Charles and Camilla, that he comes up with nonesence like that?

This is such a sad little article, written by a person who has lost his cash cow. He scatters phrases such as 'Camilla's Friends', 'Close Friend', 'Old Friend' throughout his article. Is Kay really trying to tell us that he and he alone has managed to get not just one, but multiple friends to speak to him, having been silent for 30+ years? It seems to me that the crates of champagne, the flowers and other gifts haven't worked with Charles or Camilla's friends and because he knows they will not speak out, he is desperate to be seen as 'in the know'.

He proudly writes "You'd have thought as president of the National Osteoporosis Society, she'd have been straight on the telephone to Downing Street expressing her dismay that millions of people can't get the proper drugs on the NHS," declares one irate palace aide".

Only an absolute idiot would suggest that Camilla contact the PM over anything remotely political - knowing the negative press Charles receives for his views. The same reason she is unlikely to become the figurehead for servicemen & women returning from a war that more than half the population do not support!

It's only my opinion, but I think Clarence House will not deny anything, apart from most serious things, because that would leave them 'open'. Once they have responded once, they will have to respond every time. And if they don't respond when Kay writes "Camilla attempted to stub Charles in the most terrifying row they had in two days", they will say 'they did deny Camilla was trying to poison Charles. If they don't deny she tried to stub him, it must be true'.
Yes, but there seems to be some Palace double-standard being applied here. According to today's Sunday Telegraph when claims were published in the papers after the Paul Burrell case in 2002 that Prince Philip had written abusive letters to Diana in 1992. He immediately authorised Buckingham Palace to deny the specific allegations. Contrary to the usual BP claim that they "never complain never explain".

This is such a sad little article, written by a person who has lost his cash cow.

From the article:

Who would ever have believed that the princess, whose marriage could never escape the shadow of Camilla, is now casting her own shadow over the marriage of the woman who took her place, and her HRH style, as Charles's wife?

Come on, Diana has cast her shadow over Charles & Camilla from the day of the Panorama-interview.... So, what's new? I doubt Charles and Camilla are more bothered than usual - why should they?

From the article:
Who would ever have believed that the princess, whose marriage could never escape the shadow of Camilla, is now casting her own shadow over the marriage of the woman who took her place, and her HRH style, as Charles's wife? I doubt Charles and Camilla are more bothered than usual - why should they?
(my bolding). So now Camilla has taken Diana's HRH? Oh, please, talk about desperate.

This is such a sad little article, written by a person who has lost his cash cow.

Don´t worry!:flowers:
The articles of this poor writer, who doesn´t earn the term journalist, are only built of nonsense, bad fantasy and sick lies.To look for any truth is a hopeless venture as is a serious interpretation.
We should try to ignore it or laugh about so much rubbish!;)

From photos of portraits I have seen, Camilla bears a striking resemblance to her ancestress, Mrs Keppel's daughter. It is fitting, dont you think, that C have the portrait of the lady who 'started it all'? :flowers:

Alice Keppel's daughter was Camilla's grandmother, right? I've never seen pics of either woman, either Alice or her daughter, but I understand from many sources that Alice was a captivating person. I think Camilla is deeply proud of the Keppel heritage (the jewels don't hurt!) ;) I suppose that's why when she was a young woman she always joked about it, famously/supposedly with Prince Charles, "How 'bout it?" :D
There is an interesting article in this month's Majesty titled "A Woman of Substance," by Ian Lloyd. It is actually about Agnes Keyser, a friend of Alice Keppel; at one of Alice's dinner parties in 1898, Agnes met the then Prince of Wales and soon he convinced her to convert her London house into a hospital for officer veterans of the Boer War. Well, this hospital, known as "Sister Agnes" in the royal family, is now King Edward VII Hospital for Officers, named for its first royal patron, the place where Alice's great-granddaughter had Britain's most documented hysterechtomy. :cool:

Question about the award she'll have next week: This will be her second award in recognition for her NOS work, won't it? I think she had an award in September too for the same recognition. Was it Kings College? I think on the day of her honorary fellowship, they gave her an award doing so much to raise awareness for osteoporosis as well.

Last edited:
Camilla's salute to Desert Rat heroes who fought alongside dad

Helping mark the 65th anniversary of a key World War II battle, must have been a poignant reminder for the Duchess of Cornwall of her late father, Major Bruce Shand.
Chatting to veterans of the El Alamein battle in Egypt, Camilla recounted how the parent she adored had been wounded and captured during the fighting. The Duchess shared the story over tea after a memorial service for the 7th Armoured Division in Thetford, Norfolk.

Afterwards, a sergeant major who served with Camilla's father spoke warmly of her visit. "She was very pleased to see us all," said 89-year-old Len Burrit. "It was nice she came."

Pictures: Camilla 1 ; Camilla 2

I didn't know her father fought at El Alamein. That is so cool! And she was so very poised! I know I would have cried.

She looked very regal. I like the coat but, not sure about the scarf.
She looks great Blue suits her very well

That's a nice brooch. It's very regal. I like all of Camilla's ensemble here individually but all together doesn't work so well. The neck "embellishment," as you say is very pretty on its own or with something else, but I guess like Susan_alicia said, all together it's just too "busy." That's well put. I would say I agree with that assessment. :)
Is the brooch of Golden Sapphires? dose anyone know- i dont think it would ne citrine. But you never can tell. :lol:

From the article:

Who would ever have believed that the princess, whose marriage could never escape the shadow of Camilla, is now casting her own shadow over the marriage of the woman who took her place, and her HRH style, as Charles's wife?

Come on, Diana has cast her shadow over Charles & Camilla from the day of the Panorama-interview.... So, what's new? I doubt Charles and Camilla are more bothered than usual - why should they?

Yeah, it seems like Diana's shadow is cast over everything related to the royal family this year. Ten years ago, Diana departed this plane of existence. Whereever her soul is now, maybe somewhere in another dimension or something, it's completely unconcerned (or more likely, oblivious) to the earthly tabloid sensationalism.
Kay is a hypocrite. His professed desire to ensure Diana is "never forgotten" is merely self-interest.

Someone should write to Kay and, among other things, remind him that Diana agreed to give up her HRH and her marriage in 1996, so it's impossible that Camilla now has "her" (Diana's) status, as if Diana has some permanent copyright on HRH The Princess of Wales. :rolleyes:
I nominate Jo or Sky for the task. They have the best way with words when it comes to He Who Has The Impeccable Source. :lol:

Camilla opens arts centre

Camilla Parker-Bowles paid a visit to her home town of Corsham today to formally open the newly refurbished Pound Arts Centre.
The Duchess of Cornwall, who has a home in Reybridge near Lacock, was visibly thrilled to be back home and spent the morning being toured around the new arts centre.
The centre has undergone a £1.2 million refurbishment and is set to become a hub of entertainment and arts for the whole county.
On arrival, the duchess was presented with flowers from four-year-old Megan Moss, who is the granddaughter of former artistic director of the Pound Arts Trust, Gayle Curry-who died away last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom