The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, she looks great, i like the colour of her costume

Does Camilla work? Heavens girl it would be a fulltime job just keeping your head straight, and your wig on front and centre dealing with that MAD family. May I just refresh your memory about a certain lass that went by the name of Diana Spencer. Cast your poor mind back to some of the better family highlights of her tenure as previous occupant of the position. Eggnog at Windsor with the rellies for Chrissie, seven weeks a year herding deer and inedible flightless birds in Scotland, and then interminable weeks of the year stuck at that gloomy pile in Norfolk known as Sandringham. Believe me NO ONE visits Norfolk volantarily unless they are eluding creditors or entering a sanitarium. I suggest in this case its most probably the latter. Work? She be having a better time of it in a cigar factory in Cuba!

Eggnog at Windsor with the rellies for Chrissie, seven weeks a year herding deer and inedible flightless birds in Scotland, and then interminable weeks of the year stuck at that gloomy pile in Norfolk known as Sandringham. Believe me NO ONE visits Norfolk volantarily unless they are eluding creditors or entering a sanitarium. I suggest in this case its most probably the latter. Work? She be having a better time of it in a cigar factory in Cuba!
Mildly funny, but for the record....
Eggnog is delicious, you don't herd deer and the birds are not flightless. Norfolk is a wonderful place to stay and Cuba is probably better if you have need to elude creditors! :ROFLMAO:

I´m wondering, Duke of Thora, that you like to join this forum to talk about this ´mad family´...:flowers:
Your pity for Camilla is very kind, but i think Norfolk and Scotland are great places to stay, with family or without.

Camilla loves Scotland, and Charles' grandmother (the Queen Mother) was Scottish, so I'm sure he loves it there and she loves it because he does.

I´m wondering, Duke of Thora, that you like to join this forum to talk about this ´mad family´...:flowers:
Your pity for Camilla is very kind, but i think Norfolk and Scotland are great places to stay, with family or without.
Well there ARE other royal families too you know!:flowers:

I just noticed in the pics of Camilla visiting Queens Gate School, at rex, that she left the school in the front passenger seat of the car. I find that fascinating. Mostly you see royals riding in the back seat to and from engagements. I think it is another of many indications how very determined to be herself Camilla remains. She maintains her private Ray Mill haven. She is ever the same Camilla with the loyal pack of friends from her roaring 20s.
I remember Skydragon once said Camilla would be content to just be Mrs. Windsor or M-W, so "Duchess of Cornwall" is quite above anything she expected or wanted. She just wants and likes to be married to Charles. She doesn't need to be "the Princess of Wales" or even "the Queen Consort" to feel happy. She is happy now, and has everything she ever wanted. :)

Mildly funny, but for the record....
Eggnog is delicious, you don't herd deer and the birds are not flightless. Norfolk is a wonderful place to stay and Cuba is probably better if you have need to elude creditors! :ROFLMAO:

:D :ROFLMAO::lol: I might add (not that it's necessary, for this post is perfect, Sky) Cuba is just fine as long as ya know the right people! :)

Last edited:
Camilla to join the royal ranks

(...) All the major royals have had a go at one time or another - remember this is a job that has to be done by the ladies, as whoever mouths those famous words ´I name this ship...´also becomes the ship´s godmother - so i suggested it had to be Camilla.

Camilla to join the royal ranks - Telegraph

Wow. I thought that the waxwork would be ghastly but it's actually very flattering and looks like her. When they originally said she was going in I thought we could expect a Benny Hill sketch like they pulled with the Queen but Camilla seems to have come off well.

You´re right hornsen. Although i´m not a big fan of this waxwork,i t looks at least a bit like herself, but who is that man standing by her side?:lol::eek:

I must agree that Camilla's waxwork is plausibly lifelike, as far as these waxworks go, and also agree that the waxworks for Prince Charles and both of his sons are horrible. Camilla's is the only one that looks even remotely like her. I'd say Harry's is the worst, but it's a hard decision there. Charles and William came off rather alarmingly horrid as well. I also don't appreciate why Camilla's wax is positioned so much apart from theirs. Maybe I read too much into it, but it almost seems like Madame Tussaud's is sending a message like some have been saying on here, that Camilla is just a "second class" member of the family. :ermm:

I don't get that from this, if anything, I think it's Madame Tussaud's realising they were out of order when they said there wasn't the interest in HRH to warrant a waxwork. I think this could be a victory for the Camilla brigade. For the record, I didn't write and complain to them - I did however do something rude with the Chairman Mao statue that rendered it unfit for public viewing.

I also don't appreciate why Camilla's wax is positioned so much apart from theirs. Maybe I read too much into it, but it almost seems like Madame Tussaud's is sending a message like some have been saying on here, that Camilla is just a "second class" member of the family. :ermm:
Not at all, Charles, Camilla, William and Harry will be moved into a family group very shortly, according to MT's. :flowers: She was only displayed apart from them for her 'launch'.

BeatrixFan - Love the new avatar!

Last edited:
I must agree that Camilla's waxwork is plausibly lifelike, as far as these waxworks go, and also agree that the waxworks for Prince Charles and both of his sons are horrible. Camilla's is the only one that looks even remotely like her. I'd say Harry's is the worst, but it's a hard decision there. Charles and William came off rather alarmingly horrid as well. I also don't appreciate why Camilla's wax is positioned so much apart from theirs. Maybe I read too much into it, but it almost seems like Madame Tussaud's is sending a message like some have been saying on here, that Camilla is just a "second class" member of the family. :ermm:

I got the impression that it was just for the public first showing. I read that they plan to put the statue closer to Charles, William and Harry as soon as the media interest stops - for today they carefully arranged Diana and Camilla in a way so that noone could use that to start a new media war. At least that's my interpretation of their statement.

CasiraghiTrio, "Camilla" will be moved within next days. It was only for the presentation today. Then she will stand next Charles.

I don't think that the wax work is bad, it IMO is very good. Someone stated that Diana and Camilla will not be standing next to each other, is Diana not in another room?

Well, on this picture from IBL it looks like the Charles & Camilla waxes are right next to each other. Either MT moved it for different photo op's or that Daily Mail photo is angled to make it look more isolated. I appreciate everyone offering the more rational perspective. I thought maybe I was reading too much into it, and obviously I'm very much glad to have been wrong about it. MT has certainly made amends for their previous slight against the Duchess by making a very good waxwork for her. In the IBL picture, as in the others, hers looks good, but poor Charles. Why did they make his hair so blond almost white? To match his wife's hair more? :lol:

Also, I apologize if someone already posted a link to IBL's gallery for the Queen's Gate engagement. It begins here.

Last edited:
it will be interesting if they put Prince Charles next to Camilla and Diana

it will be interesting if they put Prince Charles next to Camilla and Diana
Charles, Camilla, William and Harry are shown as a family group. Diana has been placed next to the QM in a separate area. :flowers:

Well, since I was made curious about the other royals' waxworks by these posts, I checked out some pics on rex. There are at least three waxworks of Diana at Madame Tussauds. There's a wedding one which is the centerpiece display flanked by Sophie Wessex as a bride on the left and Sarah Ferguson as a bride on the right -->see picture. Then there is a Diana wax that looks like Diana of 1996/1997 wearing what looks very much like a Catherine Walker design -->see picture. They have William's wax standing nearby but he was probably moved there for the pictures because it's the same one that supposedly normally stands with Harry, Charles, and Camilla. Finally there is one that was made after her death, showing her standing apart from the royal family at a State gala -->see picture.

That's interesting CasiraghiTrio, do you know if they are all in the London branch and if they are all displayed at the same time, or have some been removed/replaced over the years? I would imagine the wedding ones are still there. We need someone to pay the fee to go and look, I have to admit, I haven't been for years. :flowers:

That's interesting CasiraghiTrio, do you know if they are all in the London branch and if they are all displayed at the same time, or have some been removed/replaced over the years? I would imagine the wedding ones are still there. We need someone to pay the fee to go and look, I have to admit, I haven't been for years. :flowers:

Well, the Rex captions indicate each of those I mentioned is in Tussaud's of London. It looks like the wedding display is still there and entirely on its own display area. It would be interesting to see the 1996-7ish Diana in Catherine Walker is still there, and of course where it is. One hopes it is not completely isolated. I know it's only a waxwork but still would be kind of sad to think of "her" not beside "her" sons' waxworks. But there again, I must remind myself, it's only a waxwork and doesn't have any hurt feelings. :lol:

Camilla's wax impression is really quite good--and she is my favorite suit of hers. She/It looks wonderful!

The second photo of the Duchess is a lovely one but on the topic of hair colour, I think this is a very diplomatic and gentle way of aging gracefully. Look at the Queen, she went from brown to a few white curls and then suddenly she was all white. Camilla probably doesn't want the press to zoom in on her greys and so has gone straight for something that will soften the appearance of grey hair whilst not changing her look in a vast way.

i totally agree with BF...her natural hair colour is lovely and i'm glad she's gone back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom