The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Courtier

You know, I find it funny now that I have always resented/disliked Camilla for the "obvioius reasons". But over the past year I have seen her grow into her role and blossom as a person that is actually quite likeable.
She seems to enjoy doing her duties. She has not put a foot wrong since she started. She has polished her look but has not gone overboard with changes.
I truely did not want to like her because of her part in what happend with Charles and Diana. there is still a small part of me that wants to resent her for whatever reasons. But I find that I really can not do that.
But as time changes and goes on, people change also. And I think that just seeing her prove her worth in the pictures and articles that are posted here, she has really brought a mature dignity to Charles and herself. She really is his other half. They both look extremely happy and in love, and in general, happy to be with each other. They compliment each other. And I don't think I have ever seen Charles look so happy as they do in her birthday picture posted above.
So good on her for sticking to her guns. It obviously was worth the time, and trouble. In this day and age, true love is hard to find. They found it, and kept it. Thru good and bad. I wish the Duchess many more happy birthdays in the future and many more years of wedded bliss with her prince.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Birthday girl Camilla sparkles in royal jewels at Highgrove party

The Duchess of Cornwall, who turned 60 last Tuesday, was the belle of the ball.

Birthday girl Camilla sparkles in royal jewels at Highgrove party

Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
You know, I find it funny now that I have always resented/disliked Camilla for the "obvioius reasons". But over the past year I have seen her grow into her role and blossom as a person that is actually quite likeable.
She seems to enjoy doing her duties. She has not put a foot wrong since she started. She has polished her look but has not gone overboard with changes.
I truely did not want to like her because of her part in what happend with Charles and Diana. there is still a small part of me that wants to resent her for whatever reasons. But I find that I really can not do that.
But as time changes and goes on, people change also. And I think that just seeing her prove her worth in the pictures and articles that are posted here, she has really brought a mature dignity to Charles and herself. She really is his other half. They both look extremely happy and in love, and in general, happy to be with each other. They compliment each other. And I don't think I have ever seen Charles look so happy as they do in her birthday picture posted above.
So good on her for sticking to her guns. It obviously was worth the time, and trouble. In this day and age, true love is hard to find. They found it, and kept it. Thru good and bad. I wish the Duchess many more happy birthdays in the future and many more years of wedded bliss with her prince.
What a lovely post, Sesa.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Charles and Camilla are both glowing in that pic. Nice gesture by the queen.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Interesting to note that none of the Yorks seem to have been present at the party for Camilla´s birthday. Is Andrew away being British trade ambassador on a yatch in Thailand or is there more to this?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
or is there more to this?
Why 'must' there always be more to it than what's is (most likely), actually there?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Why 'must' there always be more to it than what's is (most likely), actually there?
=======

Quite right, there does not always have to be something more to it, but it is unusual to miss your sister-in-law's 60th birthday, especially given that the rest of the immediate Windsor family was present
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Andrew was more than likely at the British Open golf championships in Scotland. It would take more than a sister-in-law's 60th to make him miss a British Open!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
=======

Quite right, there does not always have to be something more to it, but it is unusual to miss your sister-in-law's 60th birthday, especially given that the rest of the immediate Windsor family was present
I still don't see how the absence of the York branch signifies any possible stalemate between factions of the family.

They may be royal, but that does not mean they are always able to make it to every function or celebration held within the family, 60th Birthday or not.

No doubt they sent their best wishes along with an inability.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did Charles really give her 2 sheep for her birthday? They must have been some really special sheep! Personally, I'd rather have a faberge egg, If I were her.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Did Charles really give her 2 sheep for her birthday? They must have been some really special sheep! Personally, I'd rather have a faberge egg, If I were her.
It is the one present that has been made semi-public, besides what else could he get the woman who has everything?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I assume that they are nbo pictures of the event?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I assume that they are no pictures of the event?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What for? If it's just for show, I'm sure the queen will lent her one or two to display at Clarence House...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes a male and a female from a very rare breed. It fits very much in the thought behind the succesfully revived Duchy of Cornwall with its policy of sustainable development, love for old traditions and admire for now rare species which once were normal on the countryside.

I'm sure that Camilla is as happy with the sheep as she would have been with a vase, a painting or a book. She can see through it. It would have been doubtful if these sheep would not have been felt as an insult by Diana, who not only differed in age and personality to her spouse. She also had very little understanding for Prince Charles's zest and desire in turning the Duchy of Cornwall in an organic, climate-friendly, traditional and sustainable company.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It is the one present that has been made semi-public, besides what else could he get the woman who has everything?
Indeed! But seriously, what breed are they and what is the significance? Thanks !
Ps I'd still rather have a Faberge egg!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Royal Highness

Warm kiss for Camilla as she contnues to win in hearts and minds

Warm kiss for Camilla as she continues to win hearts and minds

Clarence House issues photogragh to mark The Duchess of Cornwall´s 60th birthday

The Prince of Wales - Clarence House issues photograph to mark The Duchess of Cornwall's 60th birthday
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

The sheep are under threat of extinction

Quote:
Indeed! But seriously, what breed are they and what is the significance? Thanks !
Ps I'd still rather have a Faberge egg!
HRH The Duke of Rothesay (Prince Charles) already spent £10,000 on two rare fell ponies for his beloved Duchess to ride at Birkhall, their Scottish home. So it fits a bit in their way of acting.

The rare breed ram and ewe given to the Duchess are Cotswold Sheep, according the Daily Mail. See picture.

The Prince is patron of the Rare Breed Animal Trust and both his wife and he himself are passionate countryside people. The Prince and the Duchess are actively helping in restore Britain's native livestock.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
HRH The Duke of Rothesay (Prince Charles) already spent £10,000 on two rare fell ponies for his beloved Duchess to ride at Birkhall, their Scottish home. So it fits a bit in their way of acting.
I seriously doubt the authenticity of the £10,000 for two fell ponies, which are not 'rare'.
About Fell Ponies * The Fell Pony Society

The Highland is more suited to the terrain at and around Birkhall, which of course Charles and Camilla would know.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla´s locks to be maintained full time by personal hairdesser

The personal hairdresser to Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has quit his salon to devote his full attention to her locks, it has been claimed.

AHN | Camilla's Locks To Be Maintained Full Time By Personal Hairdresser | August 1, 2007

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall