The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Things are really moving in Camilla's favour:

From: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/13973/'No'-to-Queen-Camilla

A day after an opinion poll revealed a four-fold increase in support for Camilla becoming Queen when Charles is crowned King, a Daily Express survey found there remained huge resistance to the idea among its readers.

A phone-in poll found that 88 per cent of readers were opposed to Camilla ever becoming Queen, only 2 per cent fewer than when the newspaper conducted a similar survey in May this year.

End of quote.

Even though all kind of media coverage tries to rekindle the old Camilla/Diana-conflict, even readers of the Daily Express more and more warm to the idea of Queen Camilla. Time is on her side, apparently.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

As a friend would ask, 88% of how many? Phone in polls are so accurate!

Quote:
Daily Express readers do not want Charles' wife on the throne

Oh that's all right then, because they must represent the entire UK population.
I find it hilarious that the Di Express could only muster 8 readers comments.... says it all!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As a friend would ask, 88% of how many? Phone in polls are so accurate!

Oh that's all right then, because they must represent the entire UK population.
I find it hilarious that the Di Express could only muster 8 readers comments.... says it all!
You m ean only 8 comments supporting their line of argumentation?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&ito=newsnow

For the woman who has everything...get sheep
Old 07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Would a smartypants Kiwi/sheep remark be appropriate here on Bledisloe Cup day? Probably not. Sigh!

The Duchess looks just wonderful in the photo accompanying that article. We have been treated to some delightful pics of TRH recently.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder where they get their figure of £10,000 for two fell ponies from, especially as I would have thought the Highland more appropriate, if in fact he purchased any.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Courtier

About one birthday present we can be sure. It´s the bracelet on her left arm.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Phone-in polls self-select. So only those who feel very strongly will take part. There is also the motivation of those who frame the question - it is amazing how you can elicit a particular response by subtle wording. (Market Researchers know how careful you have to be with the wording.) Many of the newspapers have a particular viewpoint and have fed their readers stories that support this. One of the papers which regularly carries stories about Diana, Charles and Camilla is owned by Mohammed Al Fayed. Since he is the father of Dodi, you can imagine how he looks at anything relating to this relationship!

I have the feeling that there is a large percentage of the British population that doesn't have a strong view about Camilla and would accept her as Queen, but there is a relatively small, very vocal, anti-Camilla camp. These people take up a lot of media space - much more than their numbers warrant. I think Camilla has behaved impeccably since she married into the Royal Family, and would make a very good Queen Consort. All the photos of her 60th birthday show how happy she and Prince Charles are together. Only very bitter and vindictive people would want to continue to marginalise her.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
If I were Camilla I'd tell them where to go and not attend. All this, "She shouldn't", "She must", "She can't", "She will" - stuff 'em. What's the point in hanging around like a fart in a phone box at some dirge of an event nobody much cares about anyway?
I can see your point (thinly disguised in your humor, which is always refreshing). But I hope she goes, and holds her head high as always, and pays respects to her predecessor in the role of the future King's wife, the mother of his children. It's right that the Duchess will go. She and Diana had murky relations (putting it mildly, of course) in Diana's life. Why not pay the curtesy and honor to Diana for this time? I think she might find it is quite healing. It might be a good time for everyone in the family to make some old nasty wounds feel a little less nasty. If not, then at least the Duchess can hope to pay respect for a woman who, like her, had human flaws, but like the Duchess also, always tried her best. And face it, Diana's best was pretty good. She brought a lot of happiness to many people, and if you just bring some happiness to a few in life, your life can be called successful, can't it?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:52 PM

"No to Queen Camilla," says the 'Di-Express' cited polls

It is unfortunate that these kinds of things are still being printed, but even sadder, that anyone such as the woman quoted at the end of the article, saying that Camilla was responsible for Diana's death. No one can argue that Camilla did, in fact, contribute to a sizeable amount of Diana's angst in her life, but it is utterly devoid of reason to suggest Camilla had any hand in Diana's death. I can empathize with people for missing Diana and wishing she were alive. I too miss Diana and would wish her alive. But good lord, hasn't the ones she left behind all suffered their fair share? William and Harry had to finish out their childhood without their cherished mummy. Charles paid his public apologies to Diana, and certainly didn't have to. He admitted he did wrong in their marriage, publicly, unnecessarily, but still he did it. What more can we ask?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are the first pics of some guests arriving at Camilla's birthday party yesterday:

Andrew Parker Bowles and his wife Rosemary

Sophie and Edward

Zara and Mike
Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, iceflower. It's good seeing the Earl and Countess of Wessex there. Hopefully there have been other members of the Royal Family attended as well.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics iceflower!
________

Five other guest you can see arrive : David Frost with his wife, Nicolas Soames and Edward Fox with his wife.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

_______
from the Sunday Telegraph:

What a difference a decade makes....

What a difference a decade makes& - Telegraph

(...) Next month the Duchess and Prince Charles are due to attend the Princes´ memorial service for their mother in the Guard´s Chapel. (...)
Old 07-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I think she might find it is quite healing.
What do you mean? I don't think Camilla has any healing to do within herself over Diana.

Thank you to everyone for the pictures and articles.

Camilla sticks to the county set for her 60th birthday bash

THE Duchess of Cornwall may have been fully accepted as part of the royal family, but the 150 guests for her 60th birthday party at Highgrove yesterday showed her and her husband’s closest friends are still the horsey county set that brought them together

Camilla sticks to the county set for her 60th birthday bash - Times Online
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

well now i can get over that feeling that edward and sophie didn't like the duchess!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

i was just reading the royalist and found out that laura parker-bowles is also pregnant with her first child! i'm not sure if the information was already posted, but just wanted to congratulate the duchess and her family for the great news.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I did have a feeling that the Duchess of Cornwall would have worn something white, and it's true i have to say she looks stunning in a white/cream dress in an Official Photo of the Dinner released on Polfoto. She wore a diamond necklace which belonged to the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. It was said that the Queen loaned her the necklace for the occasion, so i think there would be a possibility of Family Order for her as well.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Courtier

WOW!!

[img=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2595/offpim8.th.jpg]

Official photo issued Sunday July 22, 2007, by Clarence House showing Britain's Prince of Wales and the Camilla Duchess of Cornwall during her 60th Birthday Party Saturday July 21, 2007, at Highgrove House near Tetbury, England. The Duchess is wearing a cream silk organza dress designed by Anna Valentine, and she is wearing jewelry which belonged to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, which had been loaned to her for the party occasion by Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you so much for posting hornsen!
My comment to this photo: !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Yes, milla Ca. I think so, too. But for me he could wrap his arm around her or hold her hand...That would be perfect.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall