The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKDuchessofCornwallsmaller.jpg

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to Part 7 of the current events of the Duchess of Cornwall

commencing 4 May 2007

Part 6, covering the period from March to May 2007 can be found here.

Last edited:
Camilla resumes royal duties with cheerful aplomb

Radiant and smiling at the Classical Brit Awards, the Duchess of Cornwall proved she´s back on excellent form after taking two month out from public life to recover from an operation.

Camilla resumes royal duties with cheerful aplomb

Once again the Duchess of Cornwall looks every inch an elegant and radiant lady.

I'm glad that she's recovering well enough to be going out again.She is looking well.

Camilla gets her bus pass

She may not look old enough to qualify for a bus pass but the Duchess of Cornwall celebrates her 60th birthday this year and, in a fitting tribute to his wife's passing such a great milestone, Prince Charles has arranged a special celebrity-packed party for her.

Camilla gets her bus pass | News | This is London

love_cc said:
Camilla gets her bus pass

Thank you, love cc. The press is making a big fuss about nothing. Camilla´s birthday will be celebrated with some friends, so what?

Another question: What exactly means "C. gets her bus pass?" Is it a phrase? :neutral:

When you turn 60, you get a free card that entitles you to use public transport free of charge. You can use it on trains but it's mainly on buses and so it's called a bus pass. It's an age joke that when someone turns 60 you rib them for getting their pass. Hilarious.

hornsen said:
Very cool thing. Don´t know it from my country.
Of course the other implication was that she will be a pensioner (she will be entitled to claim the 'old age pension'). Sadly now, in some counties, the bus pass only entitles pensioners to a reduced rate.

Last edited:
Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day

Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day

LONDON, May 6 (UPI) -- The Duchess of Cornwall is celebrating her 60th birthday this year and Prince Charles is holding the celebration at their home near Tetbury, Britain.

The formal party is being organized by former royal valet, Michael Fawcett, and will be held at Highgrove in July, The Mail on Sunday reported. Camilla's birthday is on July 16, two weeks after the Princess Diana memorial concert hosted by Princes William and Harry, marking the 10th anniversary of their mother's death in a car crash in Paris.

United Press International - NewsTrack - Entertainment - Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day

Last edited by a moderator:
That cake doesn't look big enough for all the people!

Elspeth said:
That cake doesn't look big enough for all the people!

Oh my goodness, you are right! I wonder if there was any embarrassment by the hosts for such a blunder? But, I assume there was a lot of politeness of those who didn't want any.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Oh my goodness, you are right! I wonder if there was any embarrassment by the hosts for such a blunder? But, I assume there was a lot of politeness of those who didn't want any.:)

My guess is there's another (larger) cake out back already cut into pieces and ready for serving. They probably had this smaller one for "show" (i.e., the cake-cutting part of the meeting).

I sure hope so. I know I would be pretty upset after standing around and didn't get any.;)

laduchesse said:
My guess is there's another (larger) cake out back already cut into pieces and ready for serving. They probably had this smaller one for "show" (i.e., the cake-cutting part of the meeting).

You see this at weddings. Often times the cake that is presented for the couple to cut isn't large enough to feed all the guests, so more cakes are made and sliced in the kitchens to be given to the guests to eat. This way the bride and groom can save the top layer to be eaten on their first anniversary.

Sister Morphine said:
You see this at weddings. Often times the cake that is presented for the couple to cut isn't large enough to feed all the guests, so more cakes are made and sliced in the kitchens to be given to the guests to eat. This way the bride and groom can save the top layer to be eaten on their first anniversary.

But aren't the larger cake cut first?

Anyway, the Duchess looked rather nice at the event. She is getting along quite well in her duties as a member of the royal family.:)

Based upon the normal size piece that you get at these functions, it should be large enough. It isn't like a cake you cut and eat at home, most people will only get a 2 or 3inch (front to back) x 1 inch slice (side to side). :popcorn:

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Princess Di's former butler Paul Burrell recently crossed the royal line by comparing Prince Charle's current wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to a horse.urrell made the shocking statement when a reporter insisted that Prince Charles genuinely loves and cares for Camilla.

:censored: :voodoo:

Every word about a creature like Burrell is one too much.
My comment::bang: :mad: :sick: :bangin: :badpc: :eek: :bang:

Skydragon said:

Princess Di's former butler Paul Burrell recently crossed the royal line by comparing Prince Charle's current wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to a horse.urrell made the shocking statement when a reporter insisted that Prince Charles genuinely loves and cares for Camilla.

:censored: :voodoo:

He also crossed the line of human decency. This is beyond the pale. :mad: :furious: :bang:

Someone should gag that piece of dung. And that's as polite as I can be on these boards.

But remember dung does have a purpose -- it can be used as fertilizer!:D

What does this man think he is? There is so much one can tell about him. And not the very best. Its unbelievable what he says about Camilla. Absolutly injuring. She is a human. She had to suffer so much unfairness. Stop it.

What Burrell said is very juvenile and bitchy. The man has a very nasty streak.

It's called fame addiction. He's overweight, over forty and over the cuckoo's nest. He bought a house with the money he made from selling his seedy stories to the press and now he has to try and keep up the pretence of being a star, which he obviously percieves himself to be. He uses his connection with the Royal Family to eek out a living on the after-dinner circuit and sadly very tacky TV programmes stick him on juries to judge whatever freak show they're flogging that week. He's a typical case of the servant becoming rich and the tabloids have made him feel as if he's important and that the public want to hear what he has to say. Well, we don't. In an ideal world he would marry Christina Crawford and sail away to a remote island where they could peddle their trash to each other till Kingdom come. As it stands, we just have to ignore him just as Camilla does. She'll be Queen one day, Burrell on the other hand is a queen we're already long since tired of.

I recently met Mr. Burrell at the High Point NC wholesale furniture market where he is presently launching a line. He seemed quite polite and not at all unhinged at the time. What do you think set him off?

scooter said:
I recently met Mr. Burrell at the High Point NC wholesale furniture market where he is presently launching a line. He seemed quite polite and not at all unhinged at the time. What do you think set him off?
His 15 minutes of fame was over and he wants more! :doh:

He will leave no stone unturned in his crusade to finally be officially recognised as the late Princess' sole rock and comfort and as such, the sole recipient of 'the truth'. :nonono:

He will shut up when the media decide that 'Diana' doesn't sell anymore. :pigsfly:
Personally I think the only way to get rid of him is..........:voodoo:

MARG said:
Personally I think the only way to get rid of him is..........:voodoo:

Hee, hee. That cute little "voodoo" smiley has proved very useful. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom