The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 7: May-July 2007

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to Part 7 of the current events of the Duchess of Cornwall

commencing 4 May 2007

Part 6, covering the period from March to May 2007 can be found here.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall attends the Classical Brit Awards
3rd May

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Classical Brit Awards this evenig and declared it a ´fantastic´ occasion.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cornwall attends the Classical Brit Awards

(with a little picture gallery)

Old 05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla resumes royal duties with cheerful aplomb

Radiant and smiling at the Classical Brit Awards, the Duchess of Cornwall proved she´s back on excellent form after taking two month out from public life to recover from an operation.

Camilla resumes royal duties with cheerful aplomb
Old 05-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Glad to see the Duchess back in public and looking so well!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Majesty

Once again the Duchess of Cornwall looks every inch an elegant and radiant lady.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

I'm glad that she's recovering well enough to be going out again.She is looking well.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Courtier

Camilla gets her bus pass

She may not look old enough to qualify for a bus pass but the Duchess of Cornwall celebrates her 60th birthday this year and, in a fitting tribute to his wife's passing such a great milestone, Prince Charles has arranged a special celebrity-packed party for her.

Camilla gets her bus pass | News | This is London
Old 05-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Camilla gets her bus pass
Thank you, love cc. The press is making a big fuss about nothing. Camilla´s birthday will be celebrated with some friends, so what?

Another question: What exactly means "C. gets her bus pass?" Is it a phrase?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:55 AM

When you turn 60, you get a free card that entitles you to use public transport free of charge. You can use it on trains but it's mainly on buses and so it's called a bus pass. It's an age joke that when someone turns 60 you rib them for getting their pass. Hilarious.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Very cool thing. Don´t know it from my country.
Of course the other implication was that she will be a pensioner (she will be entitled to claim the 'old age pension'). Sadly now, in some counties, the bus pass only entitles pensioners to a reduced rate.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day

Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day

LONDON, May 6 (UPI) -- The Duchess of Cornwall is celebrating her 60th birthday this year and Prince Charles is holding the celebration at their home near Tetbury, Britain.

The formal party is being organized by former royal valet, Michael Fawcett, and will be held at Highgrove in July, The Mail on Sunday reported. Camilla's birthday is on July 16, two weeks after the Princess Diana memorial concert hosted by Princes William and Harry, marking the 10th anniversary of their mother's death in a car crash in Paris.

United Press International - NewsTrack - Entertainment - Duchess of Cornwall celebrates 60th b-day
Old 05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at the Prince Hall Hotel in Dartmoor. The High Moorland Women's Institute invited The Duchess of Cornwall to cut their 10th Anniversary cake - 11.05.07.

Pictures:
The Duchess of Cornwall 1
The Duchess of Cornwall 2

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

That cake doesn't look big enough for all the people!
Old 05-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
That cake doesn't look big enough for all the people!
Oh my goodness, you are right! I wonder if there was any embarrassment by the hosts for such a blunder? But, I assume there was a lot of politeness of those who didn't want any.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Oh my goodness, you are right! I wonder if there was any embarrassment by the hosts for such a blunder? But, I assume there was a lot of politeness of those who didn't want any.
My guess is there's another (larger) cake out back already cut into pieces and ready for serving. They probably had this smaller one for "show" (i.e., the cake-cutting part of the meeting).
Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I sure hope so. I know I would be pretty upset after standing around and didn't get any.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse
My guess is there's another (larger) cake out back already cut into pieces and ready for serving. They probably had this smaller one for "show" (i.e., the cake-cutting part of the meeting).

You see this at weddings. Often times the cake that is presented for the couple to cut isn't large enough to feed all the guests, so more cakes are made and sliced in the kitchens to be given to the guests to eat. This way the bride and groom can save the top layer to be eaten on their first anniversary.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
You see this at weddings. Often times the cake that is presented for the couple to cut isn't large enough to feed all the guests, so more cakes are made and sliced in the kitchens to be given to the guests to eat. This way the bride and groom can save the top layer to be eaten on their first anniversary.
But aren't the larger cake cut first?

Anyway, the Duchess looked rather nice at the event. She is getting along quite well in her duties as a member of the royal family.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Based upon the normal size piece that you get at these functions, it should be large enough. It isn't like a cake you cut and eat at home, most people will only get a 2 or 3inch (front to back) x 1 inch slice (side to side).
Old 05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Princess Di's former butler Paul Burrell recently crossed the royal line by comparing Prince Charle's current wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to a horse.urrell made the shocking statement when a reporter insisted that Prince Charles genuinely loves and cares for Camilla.

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall