The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on - Tina Brown allegedly (have not read the book) said Camilla need only put on a hat and resembles Charles' nanny. So did the nanny resemble Queen Mum? Pictures anyone?;)

The less said about Tina Brown the better!!!! :D

On topic though, I think Camilla looks great at the exhibition. Her daughter is beautiful in those pictures. Maybe this radiant lovely Laura is on account of some forthcoming baby news? ;-)

did you notice the dog she is stroking, he has wheels that support his back legs (only in England:flowers:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Only in England. Thank God the English aren't in charge at the Vatican or we'd end up with a Cocker Spaniel as Pope.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, visits the national headquarters of The Cinnamon Trust in Hayle, Cornwall. The Cinnamon Trust is an organisation established by Avril Jarvis, MBE, which helps elderly and disabled people care for their pets and walk their dogs.

Some wonderful pictures of the Duchess:
The Duchess talks to people at the Cinnamon Trust...
...and has a nice chat with their ittle friends (this is one of my all-time favourtie pictures of Camilla) :wub:
And some more Ladies and their furry friends
The Duchess is shown around the headquarter of the Cinnamon Trust

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

Lovely pictures from The Cinnamon Trust visit, they do play a vital role in the community. :flowers:

How nice, thank you for the pics Avalon!:flowers:
Specially the photos with the dogs are so lovely!

The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 17th July 2007

The Duchess of Cornwall will be celebrating her 60th birthday by visiting the village of Bromham, near Devizes, which has just been named best in the west in a national competition.

Royal Couple Coming To Bromham (from The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald)

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

I laughed till a little bit of wee came out at that one. These journalists, what they don't know they make up. Madness.

The depressing thing is that apparently there's still a market for this rubbish or the Mail would be phasing it out. It's sad that there are still enough people wishing Camilla ill for Diana's sake that it makes these articles worth printing.

What is crazy is that far from being Camilla's annus horribilus, I think it is her best year yet (at least since joining the royal family officially)! Despite the horrible ordeal of a hysterechtomy(sp?) she seems to be taking on more individual engagements. It has to be painful, though, all the memories the whole Diana scene dregs up. She is bearing it well, at least does not seem to be feeling sorry for herself. Prince Charles is giving a nice party on her birthday, isn't he? He must give her lots of attention during these next two months especially, more than usual. It can't be easy emotionally, but I think with lots of love from him, she will be fine. On the difficult days, she can just daydream about the lovely days ahead (not so far off) when she can scrub her face clean and put on the wellies at balmoral and go catch some gigantic salmon or something! :D

Last edited:
What a mad gossip again from the Daily Mail!:bang:
I know that Kay & Co will never change, and i wish i could ignore that rubbish talk. But when i read this article it´s unbelievable for me again...:voodoo:

My reaction was almost the same as BeatrixFan's, I almost fell off my chair laughing! :ROFLMAO: Confided to 'friends', my ar*e! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Always the same blah blah blah from the Daily Rubbish.
I feel so sorry for Camilla, she can't win in fact and i suspect the Daily Mail to be quite happy about that...

Always the same blah blah blah from the Daily Rubbish.
I feel so sorry for Camilla, she can't win in fact and i suspect the Daily Mail to be quite happy about that...

I think this gossip is not something to feel sorry for Camilla!
Many many people love her or start to like and respect her. She´s winning more and more hearts.
But she doesn´t fight a game of winning or losing with Diana. She never did it, not when Diana was still alive or now. From these old and borring comparisons only lives the tabloid press.

Next time when i read an article like this one, i will try to follow Skydragon!:lol:

Well i am a little worried about all the fuss concerning the Diana memorial service.
I fear, and i'm sure, that some " ultimate Diana integrists" are waiting this day with impatience just in order to bash again and again our Dear Duchess.

Rubbish, yes
Annus horribulus, no
Difficult time for her, yes
Difficult time for anyone in her shoes, you bet
Will she survive and be fine?
You bet!
:flowers:

poor andrew and rosemary, they are only private citizens. Why should Richard Kay write anything gossip about them?

I have to say that this latest "news" from Kay actually speaks quite well of the Parker Bowles, in my opinion. I admire how APB unabashedly speaks on the record to Kay (otherwise, Kay could not have quoted and named him as the speaker). APB must feel (and rightly so) that he has nothing to hide or feel ashamed about, and he will tell Kay just like it is, because -- well, let's face it, Kay would find some other under-handed way of getting the "scoop", wouldn't he? So APB just tells him point blank, "Yes, my wife has cancer, but we're confident about the treatment, blah blah blah..."
I have a new respect for APB! He that speaks so forthrightly, and yet comes across as thoroughly decent in a Kay column! It's a major achievement! :lol:
I am sorry that his wife has cancer out of remission, but I am just tickled pink with admiration for how well he handled this press. He certainly didn't owe Kay any words at all.

Ah - I see the point of that Daily Mail article: "Tom and his sister Laura — as well as Andrew — have been Camilla's closest confidants as she grapples with the nuances of royal life. It will be to them she turns for advice should she consider pulling out of next month's Princess Diana memorial service amid demands that she should not attend."

Very subtle, Richard.:rolleyes:

Ah - I see the point of that Daily Mail article: "Tom and his sister Laura — as well as Andrew — have been Camilla's closest confidants as she grapples with the nuances of royal life. It will be to them she turns for advice should she consider pulling out of next month's Princess Diana memorial service amid demands that she should not attend."

Very subtle, Richard.:rolleyes:

Who, apart from Kay, has made these "demands"? Who, apart from Kay, is bothered by her presence? ;)

Indeed. And who, apart from Kay, would be suggesting that she wouldn't turn to Charles to discuss this sort of thing?

And who, apart from Kay, would be suggesting that she still hasn't quite got over the hysterectomy, thus providing her with a convenient excuse to chicken out of the memorial service?

I think the whole issue of Camilla attending the Diana memorial is a rather difficult one - for Camilla, Charles and the boys. There are strong arguments on both sides, but I think it is the right decision for her to attend and not squirrel herself away somewhere.

Indeed. And who, apart from Kay, would be suggesting that she wouldn't turn to Charles to discuss this sort of thing?

And who, apart from Kay, would be suggesting that she still hasn't quite got over the hysterectomy, thus providing her with a convenient excuse to chicken out of the memorial service?

If she chickens out, she will give credence to all the rumour about her and Diana - let's face it: it was Diana who believed Charles was together with Camilla from the beginning onwards and it was her who told others about that. If the majority of books is to believed, the gap between Charles' and Diana's employees opened up rather soon in their marriage. It is quite plausible that in the beginning when people were convinced that Diana as mother of the boys was there to stay, they chose to tell her stories about Charles and Camilla in order to show her that they were on her side. That would explain why there are so many stories around but no proof whatsoever except hearsay and Charles saying that his relationship with Camilla only started after the marriage had broken down irrevocably.

As I believe Charles in this, I find it the most normal thing for the second wife to sit with her stepsons and her husband in a service dedicated to the late first wife. Only if we chose to believe that ugly stuff about Camilla, the idea that it's strange comes to mind. IMHO.

I think, as with the concert when they didn't want to be overshadowed by the boring parents (to them), if there was even a remote chance that William or Harry didn't want Camilla there, she being the lady she is would already have announced a good reason not to be there.

About Camilla's nephew:

Telegraph newspaper online

t.gif
'It's all Parker Bowles this and that'

Derek Paravicini is certainly well connected - but it's his astonishing musical skills that are gaining him real recognition, says Cassandra Jardine

"Tom and his sister Laura — as well as Andrew — have been Camilla's closest confidants as she grapples with the nuances of royal life. It will be to them she turns for advice should she consider pulling out of next month's Princess Diana memorial service amid demands that she should not attend."
And its called journalism...damn i think i hate this guy lol:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, in fairness about the hysterectomy, it does take a long time to get used to the massive changes it brings on. My mother had hers done a few years ago, even prematurely by most standards I think (she is just 48) and still struggles with some things. It's a major lifestyle change, especially if you don't take hormones due to the cancer risk (this is why my mother doesn't take hormones) and with Prince Charles being so much into natural and holistic remedies, I wouldn't be surprised if Camilla is doing everything "naturally". It makes it that much more difficult, although it's better in the long run to do it this way.

But Elspeth does make a good point about Kay's "subtlety".;) I suppose he is not doing such a great job of dropping his insinuations.
And my cap is also off to Nico for pointing out that this article is a very bad example of the "journalism" making print these days.
Much as I admire the way APB handled this intrusion into his private life, this article served no other purpose (who needs knowing about APB's wife's cancer?) than to remind us all (as if we needed reminding) that Kay's grip on reality just grows weaker by the day. He had his heyday a decade ago and after Diana died, instead of adapting to the winds of change (like, for example, Ingrid Seward) Kay just kept hanging on to old hang-ups which are now eating him alive.

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for the Current Events of the Duchess of Cornwall can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed! :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom